Leman Russ - Conqueror update

Stormborn

My Macharius wasn't that bad. Practically the entire hull is a giant slab of detailed resin. The thicker it is, the less warpage you tend to encounter. Now the treads did lose some edges in shipping. That was annoying to take it out of the bag and these little pieces fall out as the 'teeth' got knocked around and came off.

The only issue I had with the Russ kits are the Destroyer and Thunderer Siege tanks don't always fit the new chassis that well. I wouldn't worry too much about the Russ resin kits either.

I'll be using it as a regular Vanquisher myself, Coax Stubber is just "targeting gear", which I think is appropriate. The normal turret is just so unassuming and similar to the Battle Cannon! The "old as the hills Super Special Vanquishers we can barely make anymore ripped off of other tanks, tank destroyer turret" better look sweet.

I was wondering myself if anyone knew anything about the leman russ Vanquisher with the coax heavy stubber. Seems like an interesting model.

It fits the current model fine. I did have to make a small ring to go around the hole though. Otherwise, the turret rubs against the fuel cap on the back. Adding the ring to make the turret just a fraction of a bit taller is basically invisible. 

IMG 0240

• 2 weeks later...

Archived