EVENT - The Great Crusade

simison

*facepalm* I'll fix it! ....wait, which legions should replace which?

It works pretty well if we use the legions with the same numerals. So the Wardens fought alongside the Lightning Bearers, the Febians were liberated by the Warbringers and the Mynwowans by the Dune Serpents (who don't strike me as the kind of legion to leave a good impression to the people)

Simison, what's the plan with the Space Wolves and the Thousand Sons? Are they forgotten/removed from history like the 2nd/11th of the canon Heresy?

They're not completely erased from history as several legions had very close bonds with Russ (bears, lions) so they keep his memory alive, and there is at least one Thousand Son still around during the Insurrection fighting with the traitor Iron Bears in a warband called "The Eaters of the Sacred Flesh". But in official documents they'd be gone.

Simison, what's the plan with the Space Wolves and the Thousand Sons? Are they forgotten/removed from history like the 2nd/11th of the canon Heresy?

AFAIK they are lost but not forgotten. What is known of their disappearance leads to a wave of paranoïa in several legions concerning their Gene-seed, pressing the Vizenko prosecution to forbid more research in Astartes gene-tampering without explicit authorisation from the Emperor.

Ah, in specifics to the Space Wolves, between Morro and Russ. Again, Russ taking it upon himself to teach Morro. Have a word for word quote from where he tries to reason with Angron, but this time, Morro, just shrugs and turns Russ into a bag of mince meat and causes horrendous damage to the Space Wolves. Morro won't kill him, having felt that he's made his point enough.

And of course, show a bit of worfism.

It works pretty well if we use the legions with the same numerals. So the Wardens fought alongside the Lightning Bearers, the Febians were liberated by the Warbringers and the Mynwowans by the Dune Serpents (who don't strike me as the kind of legion to leave a good impression to the people)

Got that right!  Which reminds me; I should probably do something for this...

I like the simplicity of this. I've fixed the post, which means as far as the Great Crusade thread is concerned, the Halcyon Wardens are up to speed. Now, I need to get the WoP up here as well.

"Brother." The word was issued in greeting, and was returned with an over the shoulder glance. Morro was looking at the real time hologram showing blips of light wink out as the eldar ships cloaking devices were able to re-engage, either hiding them from sensorium arrays, or scattering a million fragmented mirror image spectres dependent on the vagaries of the wraithbone construct ships. Yet other icons dwindled abruptly to signify elimination, while spears of whiteness showed where a lucky few craft were able to slide into the hidden folds of space and time that were the gateways to fabled webway. The campaign was over. The stranglehold of slave raids were of this subsector were over.

There should have been jubilation. Pionus knew among his men there would have been happiness. An enemy crushed... No, obliterated, especially one as hateful as the Eldar would have been a cause to break out the brutal strength of the Wolves lichen malts which were enough to cause an Astartes to get inebriated. The death of a theta graded craftworld and an estimate 600,000 eldar for the loss of barely 12,000 astartes was one for the rolls of honour back on Terra.

Yet here was his brother. Introspective and... Something. Pionus didn't know of his other brothers having any relationship to speak of with Morro, yet he felt a need to try and help in anyway with his brother. Few would consider him an opponent, few a rival. None a friend. Whatever it was Pionus and Morro had, it was the closest thing to a friendship. That Morro had requested help from the Scions in prosectuing the war showed something, and Pionus had replied with a large force, but one politic enough so as not to be insulting out of respect. The XVIth were notably fighters even within the other legiones with respect borne from nearly a century of brutal planetary assaults and various engagements. That the wolves came along, scenting blood was new. Of all the relationships known to Pionus, there was no love lost between the Wolf King and Sorrowsworn.

The door slid shut with the nigh imperceptible thrum of magnarails, before disengaging and locking the 3 metre thick bulkhead in place.

"We should be celebrating. Why are we here?"

No sense in beating around the bush with Morro. He saw through it, and hated it.

"Have you thought about what comes after?" Morros voice was an odd one. Distorted by the accent appropriated by the worker class people of his homeworld of Styx, reminiscent of the Sudafrikaans tongue it was hard to make out the low gothic. It was not made any easier by the badly healing broken jaw that had been suffered from an immense fleshcrafted golem's pain maddened charge. It had shattered the bone into seventeen pieces, and Morro's stubborn streak meant that his primarch physiology had already begun the healing process.

"Comes after what? The crusade? The astartes program? Us?"

*Yes. What comes after us all? The mongrel sees himself and his legion as the executioner. The smiling face behind the hood. What role will he fill? Those who call themselves the Drowned are the horrors of old night given human form. You are a progresssive, but you merely hasten your sons demise. What is the use of the hammerafter the house is built? 'In case it breaks?' It shouldn't break, it was made to be perfect. How can something perfect break?*

Unknown to Pionus, those thoughts rushed across his brothers mind.

Instead all Morro said was this.

"Forget it. Leave me." There was no "please " in histone or hidden in the expression, yet Pionus felt the need for Morro to be alone. He nodded. No brotherly slap on the shoulder. Just the look that showed Morro he cared. He could only hope that Morro knew could see it.
Edited by Hesh Kadesh

The Bear and The Lion. (part one)

It was rare for all six of the Grand Wartribes to fight together, what was even more bizarre is The Crimson Lions were in force as well. But this was no simple task. An Imperial system had been completely overrun, Daer'dd had led the forces with Hectarion at his side when this system had joined the Imperium many years ago. Hectarion had still been learning then, and Niklaas would later design and build the defenses of the system. But not even they'd thought of an attack of this scale; over a dozen Ork space hulks with over a trillion Orks. An unimaginable Waargh in scale; All said to be lead by a war boss as large or even bigger than. Daer'dd. Though Daer'dd scoughed at the idea.

A few pockets of Humanity remained hidden Daer'dd had come to save them, but in his own admittance, to prove non were stronger than him. The Warboss' head would be his.

A bell of ancient brass rang in Daer'dd's personal quarters.

"Enter" Daer'dd called casually.

The study was lined with black cherry stained birch with recessed panels of spalted maple instead of columns of stone living Ironwood, Black Oak, and Blood and Paper Birch trees acted as the chambers supports. The ceiling was 4 meters thick of graphene and plasteel crystal glass paned with even thicker Huronian Iron.

Leather furniture adorned the main room, filled with books and book shelves, and arcane weapons in graphene display cases. Daer'dd sat behind a great table of Tanith woods and a Huronian Copper top looking over hololith data feeds of the system, and Weyl noospheric reports from the recon clans Stalking Bear and Ghostwalker.

The two goliath doors opened with out even a single creek, Daer'dd always felt pride at that. But who opened the door made him feel like a child about to play.

"Hectarion!"

Daer'dd called while leaping over his tremendous desk.

Hectarion knew what was coming, and had it been anyone else he would have been bothered, but being around Daer'dd put Hectarion at ease. His brothers arms almost as thick as his own waist wrapped around Hectarion with a sense of love and brotherhood only a few Primarchs showed, and in full plate he was lifted in a Bear hug by the Bear god himself. It put a warm smile on Hectarion's face.

Daer'dd put Hectarion down and brushed his furs strait.

"Forgive me brother, it's just been too long" Daer'dd spoke with a loneliness deep and hidden

"Big brother Bear, you're the only person I'd let lift me in a hug"

Hectarions words sung with warmth and an earnest openness.

"I must say Daer'dd your fleet positioning is almost flawless, a thousand fold better than I'm used to."

"Aye! But I can take no credit my fleet master Lord Chief Redd is here on the Leviathan, he's responsible, and anyone not acting perfectly has to deal with mistress Lotarra"

A deep chesty laugh arose from Daer'dd as he finished the sentence.

"So... A trillion Greenskins and twelve space hulks?" Hectarion asked hesitantly

"Yep, the hulks are yours, we'll take the

Trillion on ground. We'll get a landing zone and once the Hulks are destroyed, join in on what will probably be pure and utter madness"

Daer'dd said with a smile in his face.

Edited by Chief Captain Redd

• 2 weeks later...

'I am a relic of the old night. An artefact of the times of terror. I have drawn breaths on more worlds than the entirety of your petty child legion has. Beneath my tread lie the ashes of a hundred civilisations aeons older than us. I have fought at the emperors side.

We are not the twentieth or Ka'wil's corpse treaders. We are the Drowned Men. The Sixteenth legion will burst your lungs, and crush your hearts. You will see and experience your own death for what feels like a thousand lifetimes. Long and lasting it will be, as you choke out your life and your eyesight shrinks to a pinprick before coming to a black nothingness. Convulsing what passes for your miserable life into the darkness that no light can breach. Your soul will settle settle in the silt of the Sea-Between to be nibbled and worried by the bottom feeders of the everdark. None shall remember your names. None shall care. The history will not need rewiriting, for there will be nothing to remember you by.

A fleeting glimpse among the trees, a howl that chills the bone. That is your legacy.

Mine is death, and I share it with you. Will you inhale and enjoy the breath of the deep as I have done, wolf?

I offer you no final ultimatum. No final chance. Just a message to echo in your ears before the jaws pull you screaming into the abyss. "

Final message to the IInd legion. Found in the ruins of supposed Primarch quarters of the XVIth legions Gloriana class 'Trieste' during the Scouring by the Crimson Lions and Scions Hospitaller. Nominally attributed to 'Hennasohn', Former legion Captain Primaris, self titled 'Shahanshah', codenamed 'Designation Omega'.

Edited by Hesh Kadesh

Taking of the Craft World Melaanath.

Damon stared deep into the stratigem till his eyes grew sore. Taking a Craftworld was no small order, he wasn't entirely sure if it had been done or if it was possible. But, nevertheless Daer'dd had ordered it done, he'd even given Damon command of the Fifth to accomplish the task. The Fifth was all sky and storm riders, best in the legion, their attack craft and hit and run tactics would be well suited, the Fourth would still have to be the hammer blow though.

Event Details:

Damon was a noted tactician but the Iron King's true strength was on the battlefield conducting soldiers from the head of the battle like the blood mad conductor of an orchestra, the swings of The Weight of War his fell tomahawk the accents and tempo of a brutal composition.

The figurehead ship of the Fourth Grand Wartribe, the Emperor's Leviathan along with its two sister ships "The Hideous Strength" and "A Terrible Weight" would land the first blows slowing the Craftworld with cannon fire, then tying the beast down with Ursus claws. The Leviathan would take the port her two sister ships the starboard.

Once the beast was stopped, the rest of the fleet would counter and attack the supporting ships of Melaanath, with the Fifth engaging the small fighters.

The three primary ships would begin a localized bombardment to weaken shield and armour. Which allowed our attack claws to land troops, this directly followed the teleportation assault of Totem Guard, Terminator, and Warborn Clans.

Unable to land armour outside of Dreadnoughts at first the Fourth had to secure a large perimeter to allow for safe transportation of any armour let alone their Knight supports.

Even after securing the zone it took considerable time for landing to begin as the Fifth was harried by the Eldar void craft.

Though it cost a number of lives, the landing zone proved to be instrumental, the Knights and close support fire crafts allowed the Fourth to absolutely wreak havoc on the Craftworld for five straight days. The Fourth even gained a new nickname being called The Dread Blades of Damon Redd by Eldar leaders.

Lord Chief R.Damon Redd lived up to his status as Master Slayer, besting the Avatar of Khaine in single combat after a brutal hours long fight. And ultimately gaining a personal kill tally well over a thousand individual combats.

Though for sheer weight of numbers Cheif Praetor Ah'nek the Giant killed almost countless Eldar warriors. Becoming almost feared by the Craftworld's Aspect Warriors on sight, and earning the title of "The Flayer" from the enemy.

It took five days of absolutely brutal fighting with the Bears losing over ten thousand brethren by fighting's end. But the death total amongst imperial citizens would have been much higher as the Craftworld had already razed two imperial worlds.

Edited by Chief Captain Redd

If I wasn't in the process of having to write two different Character Bios for two different Shadowrun Games I'm in, I'd have probably made something else by now.

Oh well!

But more on topic, so far I've made:

• The Presenting of Leviathan to Pionus from Daer'dd
  • A Tale of Brotherly Bonding: Hunting Submarine Sized Apex Predators for fun.
  • I, Wraithbot
  • Assassination Mission: Regicide, A Qarith Triumph Tale

So, what else would y'all like me to attempt exploring?

Great Crusade Exploits will come when I get a flash of inspiration since IDK what to do about that atm. But any ideas for a general theme would be nice.

Did Ah'nek actually flay the Eldar? Seems like a very time wasteful thing to do? And if so, why? The Iron Bears don't strike me as a particularly Night Lordy legion, even less so their high command.

Unless he is the one who turns traitor and becomes part of the Wendigo etc traitors?

War for Sequuntur Somnia

In the midst of a long voyage, and fresh from meeting their Primarch on the dunes of Dhul’hasa, the 32nd Company and the Expeditionary Fleet to which it was attached came upon the human world of Sequuntur Somnia.  A small taskforce of Serpents were sent down to bring the world into compliance.  It seemed to be fairly peaceful and not heavily armed, but nonetheless, preparations for battle were made.

The people took little persuading.  Within a matter of days, the world had agreed to be a part of this fledgling Imperium, and the Dune Serpents gathered fuel and food to sustain them for the coming journey.  Meanwhile, Imperial Army regiments were placed on the surface, to occupy Sequuntur Somnia until its trust had been earnt.

Just as the fleet was ready to move on to the next system, reports of missing platoons began to emerge.  The captain of the 32nd company, Jon Lawrence, ordered departure to be delayed, at least until these reports were verified.

In the following days, these reports escalated and even began to include claims of small, isolated towns and villages being raided and put to the torch.  With the help of his advisers, Lawrence was able to connect the attacks with areas under which passed the sprawling fuel pipelines, designed to transport oil from its extraction points to the larger cities.  Using this, Lawrence extrapolated three possible areas for the next attack to take place, and stationed lookouts.

That evening, he received word that his third location, a settlement nestled within a vast expanse of mangrove, had been infiltrated.  Travelling by storm eagle, Lawrence and his personal moritat cadre made their way to the site.  Not willing to risk detection by low flying, Lawrence ordered the transport to hover in the region of ten kilometres above the settlement.  Ordering his brothers to equip their jump packs, he leapt from the rear exit and plummeted through the clouds.

Landing quietly in the water, Lawrence led his detatchment to the village, wading through the cloudy waters.  He caught sight of the attackers fairly quickly, humanoid figures clad in black wearing white facemasks.  The marines engaged all in sight, felling many with flaming blasts of volkite energy.  Quickly, the Serpents had the attackers surrounded in the central square of the settlement.  Then, and before their very eyes, the figures dissipated into the night.

Lawrence’s temper endured several fleeting engagements like these before finally breaking.  In rage, he deployed all available human and Astartes units into the fuel pipelines, even receiving support from volunteers from the local population.  They swept the pipes and surrounding tunnels, coming across little but rodents.  Then, an Ifrit declared over the vox that they had recovered spent las cartridges, and had found remains bearing the insignia of a missing army platoon.  Lawrence ordered his men to be ready for engagement.

Sure enough, within minutes masked figures pulled themselves sluggishly from the great currents of black liquid, and assaulted the force sweeping the tunnels.  They fought with scavenged imperial weapons and improvised blades and clubs, overwhelming the lines of the Imperial Army.  Then, the widowmaker squads that had lain concealed around corners began pelting the figures with nerveshock rounds, felling many.  Lawrence himself was the first to tear the mask from a nearby attacker.  The attacker was human.

At that moment, the volunteers raised the weapons entrusted to them by the marines, blasting through the ranks of lilac armoured men, cutting down any who escaped.  As he was surrounded by these new foes, Lawrence and any surviving Serpents teleported away.  As Lawrence left, he dropped a frag grenade into the current, obliterating all within.

The newly appointed planetary governor was shocked by the news that his own people would turn on their saviours.  He deduced it was some form of anarchist cult.  But, after the events in the pipelines, it seemed to all like the violence had ceased.  Although at the cost of many lives, Sequuntur Somnia was freed.

As the fleet readied to leave, thousands gathered to watch.  The Dune Serpent detatchment paraded down the streets of the capital city to the cheers of the crowds.  Then, the cheers turned to screams.  Slowly, Lawrence spotted white facemasks.  Blades.  Blood.  Then, all at once, a tidal wave of cultists surged forward, chanting the name ‘Malal’.

The Serpents were vastly outnumbered.  And, instead of fighting, they fled to their ships, desperately trying to take off before they were swamped and inevitably killed.  As they left, Lawrence was claimed to have said: ‘None can be trusted.  So deep a deception I have never seen.’

‘Load virus bombs.’        

Short story I wrote 

As the last of the Myrvalli left the strategium, Hectarion looked at the hololith of the Orion system with sadness. The Crimson Lions should be elsewhere, fighting in other wars, cleaner wars. The war to take the Orion system would be a filthy thing indeed, more suited to the likes of Raktra's ilk. A campaign of extermination. His brothers orders had been quite clear on that. Not a single man, woman or child was to be spared and they couldn't just be bombed to dust from orbit. They had to dealt with in a visibly brutal fashion. Hectarion understood the reasoning. The people of Orion had been rebelled and hanged any Imperial troopers they found on the world. They had to be punished, punished in a manner that would prevent any system from rebelling again. But to exterminate the population of a whole system...it was overkill, jumping at shadows. He and his brothers ought to be immune to such things. But the orders from the warmaster had been quite clear and duty wouldn't allow Hectarion to refuse.  He also understood why it had to be another legion that did it. Alexandros had a public image to maintain, so it wouldn't do to have his own legion massacre the population of an entire system. And yet, the task made Hectarion sick, or rather, the laughter he could hear echoing around his head and the odd sense of excitement he felt at the opportunity for unrestrained slaughter on such a titanic scale. Moving all the other data slates off the table, Hectarion picked up the one data slate he had desperately tried to deny existed. No one else knew of its existence except for Maridius. With a sigh Hectarion put the data slate down and let his hand fall into his hands. He wouldn't be able to hide it forever, neither would he be able to hid how helpless he was to stop it. Just like Magnus and Russ, hw would be unable to save his sons.