Loyalists' Strategium

simison

Part 2.

The First Hit is the Hardest.

To watch gods fight, is to watch the apocalypse.

In so many ways you could see the shared genetics of Daer'dd and K'awil. But when they fought it was like day and night.

Both were raw and gutteral in there deeply rooted primalistic anger. The stood still for what felt like a millennia. The tension was agonizing. K'awil lost his Pariah advantage with Daer'dd, though he had a slight touch of the gift he was far too stubborn an ass to even notice the ache in his mind.

Daer'dd moved first. He was the slower of the two, so he had to attack differently than he would another opponent.

"My brother is an idiot of a fighter"

K'awil thought, it brought a smirk to the corner of his mouth.

K'awil couldn't believe how badly telegraphed the swipes of his brutal claws wide and broad. It was when the Iron Bear lifted his arms in the follow through of a swing that K'awil struck, his two Kinsik blades struck just under the breast plate and ribs, hitting two of Daer'dd's lungs. K'awil looked up upon the visage of his gargantuan brother hoping to see pain in Daer'dd's face, instead he was met with a grim menacing smile, blood dripping from his fanged maw.

Daer'dd let the strike happen, he knew he'd have to be hurt to break his brother,to get close enough to hurt K'awil. When the blades sunk into his flesh it burned hot, but he'd been shot and stabbed a thousand times over he needed his brother this close.

He clenched his fists into a hammer strike he waited for K'awil to look up so he could see true power.

When the blow landed it hit with the force of a storm. The thunderous hit came down, breaking K'awil's power pack, and cracking both his back armour and several of hisvertebrae.

K'awil started to fall when a knee rose to meet his face at an exceptional rate. This was followed by a calf and foot covered in a near tonne of dense armour meeting his belly and with such surprising force K'awil found himself rising through the air.

Even after such a massive hit K'awil swiftly put his feet underneath him, realising his blades were still sunk deep in Daer'dd; K'awil reached for his shroud bombs. He knew he needed time to kill his brother, to attack Daer'dd directly from the front was to court death itself.

"I can still smell you brother! While you hide in the shadows, my legion descends upon your Grave Stalkers! Did you bring Titans to fell my sons? For I brought dozens upon dozens to raise this whole fetching planet!"

Daer'dd bellowed with a hate rarely heard in his voice.

The shadows moved with grace on this low crimson evening, Daer'dd would bleed to death before the sun rose.

Part 3 coming soon.

Ramius Osaun rushed at the traitors, his cutlass crackling with energy. For weeks the Stygian Jackals had been harrasing his fleet; the Foresworn Faith the only ship not destroyed, and barely so. Whole segments of the frigate had been destroyed, condemned, or jettisoned. The only reason for its survival beyond dumb luck was her shielding, experimental malatek courtesy of the Legion's outcast techmarines. But today they had failed, and the Foresworn Faith had become a bloody battlefield. Learning the death of his Admiral had set the fires of vengeance alight in his soul. His duty was to rush to the bridge, to lead his brothers to victory. But the foe was standing before him right now, between him and the helm, a dozen shieldsmen or so. To have them in melee would have been suicidal, to shoot them worthless. Instead he grabbed a grenade in each hand, primed them, and chucked them into the squad of Jackals. The blasts took half of them, more than he had planned any way. He grabbed his sword, and began to stab the concussed traitors. "Blood for the Eagle!" he yelled at one; "Blood for the Emperor!" as he took another's head; "Blood for Terra!" he screamed, driven by fanatical fury, disregarding the bolts that glanced off his armour.

"Eagles of the void, Sergeant Osaun here, voxing anyone still alive. I am in command now, Aquila bless us. Navigators, astropaths, serfs, Admiral Osaun here. Engage shields and Geller Fields. We are leaving this madness, the Emperor needs us by his side."

Part 3

Shadows and Iron.

K'awil moved quickly, up into the wrecks of the former hab units, he knew he had to flank the tremendous beast of his brother to damage him sucessfully. He picked up the pace, Daer'dd could find him at any moment those damn augmented eyes, it's said his senses were a keen as Russ' own. K'awil thought they might be better. Daer'dd went quiet... feth. He took a second to find where Daer'dd had gone. The bang of thunder that comes with teleportation is unmistakable, the thunder of Daer'dd's charge was worse, one, two, three. The third step no matter how much K'awil braced for it, it was like trying to stop a Land Raider at a hundred kilometres an hour. Daer'dd wrapped his arms his brother as he hit him, pushing straight through a dozen steel columns and the outer wall of the hab.

The pair fell through the air and Daer'dd had no intentions of letting K'awil brace for the fall. They hit like a meteorite. K'awil wasn't sure if he had ever felt like this before.

Daer'dd stood up and looked at the reports coming in from his suit, he shrugged off the pain with ease. K'awil he knew would be the first of his brothers to kill, not Raktra nor Icarion could stop him now.

K'awil looked over to see his blades in reach, bones were broken, but he would not die today. Despite the pain of nearly being broken in twain, K'awil still moved gracefully, he stood while his brother was turned away.

At that moment Daer'dd knew real pain for the first time in his life he looked to see a blade with tip broken sticking from his chest. "Fether got one of my hearts" he thought with great annoyance. the second strike he heard coming glancing and slicing his neck, Daer'dd turned with incredible force and velocity catching K'awil with a back hand that had more in common with a macrocannon than any fist had right to.

The blow sent K'awil sailing into a wall of solid adamantine structure, leaving a small crater as he hit, he forced himself upright, but this was the end he now knew.

Daer'dd's claws stuck first knuckle deep into K'awil's sternum and chest. Then out came the beast deep within Daer'dd. His canines sunk deep into K'awil's Jaw, neck, cheek, and orbital socket. With his hands he pushed trying to squeeze the life out of K'awil pushing as he felt cracking and snapping, and he bit until his teeth met and he pulled away K'awil's face a bloody mess he spit the hunk of god flesh on his brother's ruined form laid low in rubble. Barely breathing bubbling near black blood

Spilling from his wounds, he would die slowly.

"This is what you deserve traitor."

Daer'dd spoke in an inhuman rumble.

A whistling of a heavy metallic object moving with great force caught the giant's attention. Daer'dd's inhuman reflexes allowed him to catch the object directly on one of his great blockish pauldron's shield generators, the two meeting fields created a sharp bang and bolts of chaotic energy.

"So you want to die too ehh Koschei?"

Part 4 will be up tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah,I completely see that, he's actually pretty well fethed up at this point he's taken Primarch weapon shots to three of his lungs at this point, had his head/ears/eyes beat pretty well from the screaming match, and a shot to one of his hearts and a slash to his neck. Not to mention he took that fall with K'awil too. He's just a really stubborn ass, and as this is his death scene I wanted him to be defiant and seemingly unstoppable till his hearts actually stop.

Yeah. Great story but a bit unbalanced on Kawils side. Maybe a little bit more effort on his side would be cool. Actually Kawil looks more like a fly and Daerdd like the biggest fly buster in the galaxy.

I am eager to see how Koschei kills Daerdd. Thought he blew of his head while he eats Kawils Face :)

Would like to read Kawil's story. Work has left me feeling drained and slightly uncreative (although when I get home, I shall post the rules to the first of my units, Pelagic Monarchs), but I am attempting to collate the information into some PDF's to create a 'book' similar to the Trilogy.

The first 'book' will be an introduction of all the Legiones, and their resultant Legiones Astartes rules, a couple variant weapon/vehicle system,s an FAQ to reclarify rules (not a rebalance, just a rule clarification), possibly some legion relics, as well as introduce our first 6 legions.

To that, I'm going to need your help with getting a collated series of events which can help the book tie in together.

I have narrowed it down to Icarion first of all, obviously. Then Kawil. He has a second form for extra info for the second book, and suggests Daerrd and Koschei are also included.

That leaves 2 open, but we have... 2 Traitors, 2 Loyalists (?).

Possibly Pionus (another option with his Wraith form saved for Book 3), Alexos, Hectarion or another suggestion? Preferably an Insurrectionist.

Incidentally; perhaps as a symbol of the Insurrection, the 'i' symbol is cannibalized? It would allow a 'canon' tie in easter egg.

I am going to put Morro in book 2 with his apotheosis in book 3 to represent Terra and his dual with Pionus. (so no favouritism :P). With the Void eagles being best buds, I thought maybe keep them together? So another 4 legions to nominate for book 2, 6 for book 3, and with 2 for book 1. In regards to book 1, i'd like to keep it the legions which play the most part in the Heresy.

We don't need to release titan/knight, solar auxilia, or militarum lists, aside from footnotes referencing their inclusion, same for mechanicum aside from the abysii.

And finally, a list of climatic battles between the legions would be helpful and help us recreate them.

Thanks for your help guys.

Edit i'm assuming with koschei;

'so you want to die too, eh?

"nope"

Kablammoooo

For the sake of a balanced repartition across the books Ill agree and say that Pionus in book 1 makes sense if he pops up again in book 3 in wraith form. That way hes not in two books back to back.

[Anything you need from me, Hesh?]

Primarchs are more than human. More than even transhuman. Yet, they are not completely free of weakness. 

Alexandros was exhausted. More so than he had ever been during the Great Crusade or during the Warmaster years when he oversaw a united Imperium. It was a novel feeling that both warned and amused him. The source was obvious: the Martian Civil War. The relationship between the Red Planet and himself had always been a strange one. Their unique standing within the Imperium meant he had to view them as galactic partners as opposed to subjects. It had limited his options, but he had done what he could to ensure stability in the Mechanicum, much like the rest of the Imperium.

For all of his diplomacy, it had not protected the planet from Icarion's machinations. 

Now, he would fix it the hard way. 

He sat on his throne of the Elpis. His attention split three ways: commanding the Martian Reclamation force, coordinating the defense of the entire Imperium, and psy-wrestling with an angry Imperator titan's machine spirit.

It was the last task that was particularly tiring.

Would like to read Kawil's story. Work has left me feeling drained and slightly uncreative (although when I get home, I shall post the rules to the first of my units, Pelagic Monarchs), but I am attempting to collate the information into some PDF's to create a 'book' similar to the Trilogy.

The first 'book' will be an introduction of all the Legiones, and their resultant Legiones Astartes rules, a couple variant weapon/vehicle system,s an FAQ to reclarify rules (not a rebalance, just a rule clarification), possibly some legion relics, as well as introduce our first 6 legions.

To that, I'm going to need your help with getting a collated series of events which can help the book tie in together.

I have narrowed it down to Icarion first of all, obviously. Then Kawil. He has a second form for extra info for the second book, and suggests Daerrd and Koschei are also included.

That leaves 2 open, but we have... 2 Traitors, 2 Loyalists (?).

Possibly Pionus (another option with his Wraith form saved for Book 3), Alexos, Hectarion or another suggestion? Preferably an Insurrectionist.

Incidentally; perhaps as a symbol of the Insurrection, the 'i' symbol is cannibalized? It would allow a 'canon' tie in easter egg.

I am going to put Morro in book 2 with his apotheosis in book 3 to represent Terra and his dual with Pionus. (so no favouritism :tongue.:). With the Void eagles being best buds, I thought maybe keep them together? So another 4 legions to nominate for book 2, 6 for book 3, and with 2 for book 1. In regards to book 1, i'd like to keep it the legions which play the most part in the Heresy.

We don't need to release titan/knight, solar auxilia, or militarum lists, aside from footnotes referencing their inclusion, same for mechanicum aside from the abysii.

And finally, a list of climatic battles between the legions would be helpful and help us recreate them.

Thanks for your help guys.

Edit i'm assuming with koschei;

'so you want to die too, eh?

"nope"

Kablammoooo

I believe that Koschei is also an insurrectionist so it would put the current count at 3-1 Insurrectionists-Loyalists. If you are looking for suggestions then whoever the Lightning Bearers go after would make a good second loyalist legion and then the last would be whoever fits best into the last slot/fits worst elsewhere. This would then be somewhat focusing on two of the pre-emptive blows that Icarion puts into motion for the start of his Insurrection.

As Gwal is first neutral, where should he be put?

And if you need help layouting, I can do that, indesign is a special love of mine.

I would also like to offer my skills to help out with layout and such. I can also send you such resources as I have for making FW-style pages if you want them.

Thinking it through my personal opinion on which legions should be in which book are:

Book 1

• Lightning Bearers
  • Grave Stalkers
  • Godslayers
  • Iron Bears
  • Eagle Warriors
  • Scions Hospitaller

Book 2

• Berserkers of Uran
  • The Drowned
  • VoidEagles
  • Stygian Jackals
  • Warbringers
  • Warriors of Peace

Book 3

• Wardens of Light
  • Halcyon Wardens
  • Fire Keepers
  • Crimson Lions
  • Dune Serpents
  • Ghost Walkers

This would give each 'book' one of the earliest Legions that started off this project as a draw (Raktra's, Athrawes's and Simison's), It also gives a bit of a theme to each book. The first is the initial betrayal where we have more insurrectionists as it seems that they are going to overrun everything. Next comes the entirety of the Gene-revelutionaries departure from the insurrectionist forces as well as the Jackals' increasing disquiet and possible leaving too. Then the last would bringing everything together, with Gwalchavad coming out of his neutrality and the final battle on Terra with the Warmaster himself leading the defenses.

Of course YMMV :P And sorry for the long post.

Ooops. Knew I'd forget someone :P

Well you get found by Gwal and Sorrowsworn so books 2/3 would fit (by my suggestion above anyway). But it could also depend what the Abyssii do within the storyline in terms of the Insurrection as a whole. If they get involve in the betrayal then they could go in book one, more to do with the tense main fighting then book 2, involved in the battle for Terra itself then book 3 seems like the best fit.

They'll be staunch supporters of Terra throughout, and they're a fair military force in their own right. I imagine they'd be focussed more on the reclamation of Mars than the battle for Terra itself, however units would certainly be deployed to Terra, and the Abyssii fleet would be a massive boon for the Loyalists. Hell, Mortera could have a show-down with a traitor Primarch on Terra

They'll be staunch supporters of Terra throughout, and they're a fair military force in their own right. I imagine they'd be focussed more on the reclamation of Mars than the battle for Terra itself, however units would certainly be deployed to Terra, and the Abyssii fleet would be a massive boon for the Loyalists. Hell, Mortera could have a show-down with a traitor Primarch on Terra

Alexos would love to have a showdown against that lady, before he gets banished to the warp by Gwal ofcourse

Or you can sent your primarchlike character in. Cause if you have a show off.i think one of you will die ;(

I like griftoffers book suggestions. But a book zero "Great Crusade" would be cool though. So we have one book with exemplary great crusade action and how al the primarchs return to their father and then we could go into detail in the insurrecrion books.

@ Grifftoffer: the fw Templates....could i get them from you please?

Archived