Loyalists' Strategium

simison

Well maybe he will be crippled or mortally wounded at the siege of terra? And then during the scouring he is put in stasis while his sons search for a cure to rescue him and end up with the wraith knight. So you can have a titanic fight against morro twice ;)

Thats the general Idea.

Morro vs Pionus Round 1 = Morro wins with a Fatality

Morro vs Pionus Round 2 = TBD

Where each take place is still up in the air.

I am looking forward to read it. Personally I would refer Terra but it would be more realistic to don't have every one there cause by the time of the siege, the chaotics where a bit outnumbered, weren't they?

Having the Kaiju battle at the gates of the Emperors Palace would be pretty dang Cinematic especially if the weather is nice and Moody (Read: Raining Heavily at night during a thunderstorm).

Uhmmm....there is no rain on terra due to lack of water. Had the same idea for the battle against Alexos but....yeah...the only rain that remains is the spilled blood of those fighting.

And in the above mentioned battle we can see Icarion bursting through the defenses of the Lions and Wardens., although thst could be altered

There should still be water on Terra. It just didn't "evaporate" due to Atomics or whatever since the energy requires would be sufficient to just blow Terra up instead.

Additionally, if there was no water on Terra, it would have been unable to support life since, cut off from the rest of the galaxy, it would have been unable import it from elsewhere.

Instead, I'm in the camp that they dug into the Crust, maybe even the upper Mantle, to drain the oceans and seas to create more landmass without expending inordinate amounts of energy evaporating the water.

However, that doesn't mean there is the same amount of Water on Terra then as there is now. Colonisation Ships would have needed a supply after all.

Also, it could be Chemical Rain the result of Pollution and whatever else brought about by the Siege knocking/releasing stuff into the air Precipitating down back onto the surface in liquid / semi-liquid form. Like, say, Liquid Ammonia.

On Terra? Unlikely. Especially with the Big E and the Golden Throne producing Literal Anathema for Daemonkind.

On any other world?

Yes, that much is true, especially with the Hole in the Palace due to the Rupturing of the Imperial Webway.

However, The Big E was, at that time, focussed on keeping the Rift Closed and stopping a second Eye of Terror from forming with Terra at its core than, say, Obliterating all Daemonkind Present on Terra.

He also wasn't fed 1k Psykers a Day to Juice up his Psy-Battery.

Until they properly flesh it out, however, this is all conjecture.

But, the point is, hes got his mind on more important things than Flesh And Blood Daemons fighting the Loyalist Legions on his  mind. Like not letting Terra Implode and open another Rift into the warp :rolleyes:

Also, more of a General Question: Which Primarchs will be Present on Terra? I have an idea for a Battle Scene Featuring C'ThuMorro and WraithOnius with the other agile and 'Standard' Sized Primarchs fighting on and around them (mostly figuratively but a bit literally) during their Kaiju Showdown at the gates to the Palace Prior to the Final Showdown.

During the final moments of the battle, Alexandros and Icarion will be duking it out in the Imperial Webway a few hundred yards away from the Golden Throne. I suspect nobody else will be there as they'll be fighting on Terra proper.

Well Niklaas is Castellan Primus of the Imperium( master of fortification, I just made that up) so he should be around on Terra.

Anyway some other thoughts I had on the time line fit the insurrection.

One thing I noticed is that some have written stories that imply that Icarion just up and announced his traitorous intentions. Is that correct?

It just doesn't seem wise for him to have let the proverbial "cat outta the bag", and Icarion is rather wise chap I would say.

So that last story I posted, I titled it "A message", to give it all away, that is Niklaas receiving a sit rep from Alex. The Fire Keepers are still recovering from a series of void battles with the Ghost Walkers. The GW ambushed the FK hoping to gut them in the opening minutes. It becomes a stalemate and the GW break off resorting to hit and run tactics trying to kill the FK with a thousand cuts. The tempo changes when Niklaas finds out Daer'dd has been killed.

Anyway my thought was this. Icarion uses his powers to coordinate the first strike. The traitor legions ambush their targets all over the galaxy at almost the same time. So while Daer'dd is mauling Kawil The Fire Keepers are repelling the first wave of Ghost Walker boarding teams and so on. The loyalists withdraw/ escape.

Reports make their way to the Warmaster. Alex informs everyone of the situation and begins coordinating the defense.

Niklaas and the Fire Keepers start fortifying the (insert cool name) Line to slow the traitor advance on Terra. It's not really a line but anyway. My thought was that Niklaas, Yucachu and whoever else is on that side of the galaxy coordinate set a trap that finally stalls the traitor advance and gives the loyalists time to fall back and fortify Terra.

That's what I've got brewing in my head narrative wise anyway.

P.S. Can we try to put a map together, if not an actual map maybe a list of places where the fleets/legion are when the first battles happen. I find myself confused at times about who's doing what when do to our narrative stuff being non linear in time.

Well Niklaas is Castellan Primus of the Imperium( master of fortification, I just made that up) so he should be around on Terra.

One thing I noticed is that some have written stories that imply that Icarion just up and announced his traitorous intentions. Is that correct?

It just doesn't seem wise for him to have let the proverbial "cat outta the bag", and Icarion is rather wise chap I would say.

So that last story I posted, I titled it "A message", to give it all away, that is Niklaas receiving a sit rep from Alex. The Fire Keepers are still recovering from a series of void battles with the Ghost Walkers. The GW ambushed the FK hoping to gut them in the opening minutes. It becomes a stalemate and the GW break off resorting to hit and run tactics trying to kill the FK with a thousand cuts. The tempo changes when Niklaas finds out Daer'dd has been killed.

Anyway my thought was this. Icarion uses his powers to coordinate the first strike. The traitor legions ambush their targets all over the galaxy at almost the same time. So while Daer'dd is mauling Kawil The Fire Keepers are repelling the first wave of Ghost Walker boarding teams and so on. The loyalists withdraw/ escape.

Reports make their way to the Warmaster. Alex informs everyone of the situation and begins coordinating the defense.

Niklaas and the Fire Keepers start fortifying the (insert cool name) Line to slow the traitor advance on Terra. It's not really a line but anyway. My thought was that Niklaas, Yucachu and whoever else is on that side of the galaxy coordinate set a trap that finally stalls the traitor advance and gives the loyalists time to fall back and fortify Terra.

Good brew mate ;)

I think too that Icarion should rely on these ambush tactics. Gwal and Alexos are on a joint mission, when Alexos tries to convince him and then stabs and drugs him. The drugs and the Shock keep Gwalchavad away from the fight and so the legion splits later

The Red Beast

Treads Upon the Night, flag ship of the 10th Legion and the 77th Expeditionary Fleet, sat at high anchor above a barren planetoid. Most times the great ship was flanked by the battleships Barbican and Scarlet Watchman. Barbican was absent from the formation and Lene Zarya wondered why.

Chief Astropath Relan was dead. “Bio psychic shock” was the official cause. A condition some psychics suffered when experiencing the severe emotions of others. Astropath Mara was still unconscious. Three days had passed since the message was delivered. No one had spoken to the primarch in that time. At least no one Lene knew of.

The bridge was a well tuned orchestra of people, servitors, and cogitators.

Lene navigated the swarm of personnel making her way to the command throne. Standing on the dais was Admiral Petro, a tall lean man. The left side of his face was dominated by an augmetic eye. The right side of his face wore an expression as austere as his naval uniform.

“Good morning Admiral.” Lene made the sign of the Aquilla. Petrov returned the salute stiffly.

“It has come to my attention, that Barbican is absent this morning.” Petrov made no reply.

“There is a significant Army complement aboard that ship.”

“I am aware of the complement of every ship in the fleet.” Petrov declared.

“Given that all Army units fall under my purview I was curious as to the ship’s assignment.” Again Petrov made no immediate reply.

“ There is also a significant Legion muster aboard that ship, Commandant.”

Lene turned on a heel. Djozer, chief equerry to the primarch, stood at the edge of the command dais.

“Come Commandant, we will speak. The Admiral appears very busy.”

“Be well Admiral” Lene saluted and turned to follow Djozer.

“And you” Petrov replied flatly.

Lene made quick steps to catch the astartes. They left the bustle of the bridge. Djozer had a pronounced hitch in his gait. Lene’s small stature meant she still struggled to keep pace.

“Relan passing was unfortunate. She was an excellent astropath.” Djozer lamented.

“Mara may not recover.” Lene responded. They stopped at an observation portal. The fleet hung silently in the void beyond. A dull brown planet revolved below.

“Your troops are in good hands.” The aged Astartes said, gazing at distant stars.

“I never doubted that.”

“ I'm certain you did not. But I tell you none the less. The primarch is aboard Barbican, he informed me of the mission only as he was departing.” Djozer looked down at Lene. His eyes were dark like his primarch’s.

Jon stood, head bowed, eyes closed, his staff held arms length in front of him.

The air was thick with incense, curls of blue smoke taking on a life of their own in the undulating light of the lumenstrips.

The librarian’s eyes were closed, but he still saw.

While his body was in his meditation chamber, his soul was looking outward, beyond the chamber, beyond the ship, out into the void.

The local star was unbalanced, spewing violent energies. Scanners peering into the system would be washed with interference. The same was true for their own scanners. Early warning of an enemy would be impossible.

For that reason Jon kept vigil. Using his soul sight to see what the ship systems could not.

It was not easy.

Everything in the waking world casts a reflection in the sea of souls. The condition of the nearby star made the waking world a churning cauldron of radiation. The same was true for the warp.

The storm tossed ather made it difficult to distinguish detail. Details would be the difference between death and dishonor.

Jon knew death was coming for them. His hope was that he could raise the alarm soon enough that he and his kin could die fighting.

He was certain he and his brothers would die.

Die fighting a great red beast.

A beast he feared they had created. Or at the very least, unleashed.

Jon watched the great ocean whirling and churning.

And he saw it, a whirl that did not fit the seemingly patternless pattern.

It was the wake of a ship. A ship headed straight for them.

The red beast was coming.

Jon’s face was bloody. Not from physical combat but from psychic exertion.

Two of the Hunter Killers yet lived, the Headsman Shikoba and Clansman Aucaman.

The others lay broken, dead or dying.

The thought that none would ever know how their journeys ended made the librarian’s heart heavy. They were all veterans, their cords knotted many times. But this battle, this was a battle every warrior of the XXth should hear. Jon was certain that would never happen. They would all die today.

Aucaman swung his ax, narrowly missing the primarch’s helm, the weapon burying itself in the giant’s right vambrace. Aucaman died, a fist to the head ending him.

Shikoba charged in, swinging his powerfist, striking the red giant twice before ducking away.

Shikoba was a fierce fighter. Perhaps he stood a chance now that three librarians focused all their collective warp craft on one warrior.

It wasn't easy. The primarch of the Fire Keepers was no pariah, Jon knew that. But he carried charms within his armor that fought against the librarians’ minds. Thus they had focussed blessings on the Hunter Killers. Attacking the primarch’s mind directly was impossible. But strengthening their brothers would earn all of them honor in death. Shikoba dodged another attack and struck back.

When the dream had first found Jon it had been a mystery. He and his brothers dead, a red beast standing over them. That had been months ago.

He spent days meditating,trying to clarify the vision, to no avail.

Then the word came. The legion was to gather. The Fallen Star had new oaths for them, a new war was to begin. A war to right a great wrong. A war in the name of the First Primarch. A war for Icarion. The hunt was proclaimed. Kill the Fire Keepers.

Warriors who wear red.

Jon knew then who would kill him.

They had broke cover, attempting to clear the system and make a warp translation.

Jon knew it was futile but the ship master would not be swayed.

It was to no avail. The massive crimson barque overtook them with ease.

Easily twice the displacement of the Ghost Walker cruiser the Fire Keeper ship could have reduced Jon and his brothers to dust in a single salvo. They didn't.

The 10th legion launched boarding craft.

Wovoka had suffered only superficial damage over the past weeks. Despite that, there were few able bodied legionaries aboard. Most had been redeployed to heavier ships for the initial assault. Few had returned.

The boarding teams were surprisingly few. Why became evident quickly.

Their primarch was among them.

The first Ghosts to meet the red giant were a shield clan, their normal duty to repel boarders.

They died quickly. Twenty clansmen fell in moments. Crushed, smashed, rent in twain and trodden under foot.

Ancient brother Wayra stood longer. His great dreadnought body absorbing tremendous blows. He lived, but his chassis was useless, weapon arms torn from mounts. It's legs twisted and broken.

Hunter Killers by their nature sought the most dangerous opponents. The greater the enemy the greater the glory.

Jon, Malik, and Ujarak had focused their psychic powers on the veterans. Strengthening their arms, quickening their steps, and shrouding them from the raging primarch’s sight. It was a losing battle.

Shikoba died. His swinging powerfist met by a primarch's fist. The resulting blast sent shards of ceramite through the Headsman’s skull.

“Come out. Come out. Wherever you are.” The red giant growled.

“I won't be afraid. I promise. Ghosts do not frighten me. Nor do witches.” Jon could taste the rage in his voice. Not simple bloodlust. Rage born of anguish. Deep soul aching anguish.

+It is a good day to die+ Jon sent.

He and his apprentices stepped out into the corridor.

They struck as one. Closing the distance with a flash of warp light.

Ujarak’s sword slashed at the vambrace damaged by Aucaman’s ax.

Malik’s spear found blood. Piercing the soft armor beneath the primarch’s left arm.

Jon swung his warp charged staff two handed, striking the red giant squarely on the left check.

The staggered primarch whirled around, smashing Ujarak into a bulkhead.

He drew his sidearm and shot Malik point blank in the chest.

Jon swung his staff smashing the giant’s firearm. The primarch returned the weapon to his side, and plucked the spear from his torso.

Ujarak charged, wounded but still strong, only to be smashed to the floor.

Before Jon could strike again the giant backhanded him against the bulkhead, piercing him through the shoulder with Malik’s spear, pinning him there.

The primarch wrenched Jon's staff away casting it aside.

The beast reached up and removed his damaged helm. His skin was light, his eyes were dark and his beard was full. He coughed and spat blood on the floor.

“ Tell me witch” he spat the word witch as if it were a bite of spoiled fruit. His revulsion palpable.

“Would you save the lives of your ship’s crew?” The primarch asked.

Jon looked up into the giant primarch’s dark eyes, confused.

• 2 weeks later...

P.S. Can we try to put a map together, if not an actual map maybe a list of places where the fleets/legion are when the first battles happen. I find myself confused at times about who's doing what when do to our narrative stuff being non linear in time.

I'm sorry for not replying to this earlier. Yes, this is actually what happens. The Traitor Legions unleash a series of ambushes on the Loyalists. Alex finds out the truth directly from the Emperor, who is pinned to the Golden Throne when Alexos destroys the Webway defenses around Terra.

I made an entire post about which legions are attacking which, and I'm trying to find it right now. 

Archived