The Sons of Jaghati (HHWS) CoC VIII distraction

GhostMalone

How did I miss your start Kurama ?! You're setting the bar pretty high for a beginning ^^ I love your  Fire raptors, the paint is really good, weathered but not too much.

Can't wait to see your jetbike praetor, I've begun one myself.

Keep going fellow brother of the plains !

@kizz- thanks man, this is an accumulation of 2 years of trial and error from every project (sometimes less is more etc) I'm just trying to steer away from the overt white scars items like excess red and stuff which seems to be working.

@one-eye- you have no idea how much of a compliment that is to me brother, your scars are my main inspiration (I've printed off all your pieces to reference) the praetor should hopefully be started end of this week if my bits arrive. I've just got to hunt down 2 packs of the old GW white scars Upgrade kits for the command squad

Ha, great minds think alike and all that.

I'd love to start a list in the heresy forum with a full documentation of all the WS Legion project logs.

But in hobby related news I've liquid masked and chipped the second fire raptor, after work today ill give it the grey spray and then it's time to finish it up and start on the drop pod

I've never been a huge fan of White Scars, but yours intrigue me greatly, might be because of all the flyers. smile.png

And I assume it is just your camera messing the colors up and that the Stormbirds are white?

Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to more!

No the colours are closer to an off grey iirc it's vallejo us grey, thanks hopefully I'll add 3 Xiphon interceptors and another fire raptor soon.

I've just finished my 2500 point list;

Hq

Jetbike praetor (Orbital Assault digi lasers mastercrafted melta bomb void shield Archeotech pistol paragon blade)

5x jetbike command squad (melta bombs 5x Charnable sabres)

Jetbike apothecary (art armour)

795 points

Elites

10x vet tac Squad (Tank hunter 2x melta drop pod vexilia)

10x vet tac Squad (Tank hunter 2x melta drop pod vexilia)

610 points

Fast Attack

5x Jetbike sky hunter (melta bomb Volkite Culverin power weapon)

5x Jetbike sky hunter (melta bomb Volkite Culverin power weapon)

1x javelin Land speeder (lascannons, 2x hunter missiles, multi melta)

635 points

Heavy Support

1x fire raptor (Autocannon 4 hellstrike)

1x fire raptor (Autocannon 4 hellstrike)

460 points

I'll be building this list for January and using it in the ACT of heresy campaign

Cool, it also looked darker on my phone yesterday, but still unusual, but I like it.

The weathering looks like it is on a good level, not to much but still some amount.

The list looks good, maybe you should try to get some more AT in the list? I am no pro on army lists so don't put to much weight on these words. :)

AT? Not sure what that is but this list will be more optimal at 3000+

I'm hoping to get a good start on this army for armies on parade this October, I just registered and picked up my korsorro khan finecast Piece from my local GW.

Hopefully tomorrow ill have more progress on fire raptor number 2

Hmmm so no feedback on raptor no. 2?

That's okay though it's not the end of the world ☺

Tonight ill finish the fuselage and landing gears, then I have to stock up on vallejo dark sea grey so I can start on the drop pod.

Now Monday is my birthday and im hoping that someone in the family will get me cash or a GW voucher (I'll most likely end up with more power tools or hand tools, everyone seems to think my shed isn't full enough)

Welcome to the club of, "Why are you not commenting on my progress? Give me attention!" Just look a me msn-wink.gif

And about the Raptor, I like it, maybe a little bit more weathering on the front of the fuselage, above the cannons.

I love the idea of the parade table, but will it fit (don't know the sizes of those)?

Happy Birthday in advance, we can always hope that the presents are small plastic figures.

Oh, and also, congratulations on the ETL awards! smile.png

Yes more weathering for the weathering guy! :D

I think you should do the classic triangle/saw tooth patterns that White Scars have, not sure where though. Maybe the front or rear of the wings?

Why a skaven banner of all?

I also prefer A, but maybe a little bit "simpler" not all the small kanji(?) symbols.

I like the fox motif, but I feel like the nine tailed fox is so closely associated with Japanese mythology it might not jive with the Scars.

Now there is a nine tailed fox in Chinese myth, its called Huli Jing, but i'd recommend thinking outside the box maybe looking into Mongolian myth or find something unambiguously Chinese/Mongolian.

Well I like the idea of trimming this up and using it as a vexilia for my Marines (feels more tribal)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/QvHvl7q13lw-EJN1PgA3x2v6P9d5KzJoqoOnaBAdNNA_JT3KUTFjZ1pqxxJ3UJxzf6JYmsh2F-yyPoT2EaNqV_Wlm6Hqd88wAICMmla3sSq26DiwAP-7f0zIEgK_zpsnbsouyef.jpeg

and im wanting more of a Japanese influence as one eye has the mongols down pat and my thinking is that by the 30k time period Asia has pretty much assumed all identities...

plus I want to use this as a decal and it fits the fox and tailed beast theme

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/ES1WX7_ehCP3JSFL6yM-dYhwJwyzkVYrZq8rEQliG9tXAHu6rzXYbmy0DDPxgvc6GxNSvsPLTJJIizeZQBsZJQ0VTdjLxhSnfDmGmoTTIskG_xumyW4vRzMPi68_zpszya0he00.jpeg

but in saying that there will be 9 parts to this army (9 tailed beasts) and once Jaghati comes out I'll be making the 10th tail.

Not to spoil anything but other than the obvious connections I'll be needing this to work as my fluff (still wip) will be based on a destroyed chogorisian tribe which after chondax have been sanctified to use taboo rituals to enhance there Marines by sealing away Deamons inside of themselves (jinchuriki meets exorcists chapter)

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08-21%2017.59.39_zpszykyjd2e.jpg

Well I've finished the second fire raptor.

Yay progress!

Now it's on to the drop pod and the pilots, hopefully my jetbike arrives so I can start my praetor conversion.

On the fluff it's far fetched but I'll probably drop it anyway I'm just using it as inspiration/motivation so I don't switch projects

Nice planes mate! I was a bit worried with the initial pics, but they really came together.

I'd be tempted (if I were you) to add some lightning bolts to the wings just to break up the white a bit more.

Your fluff seems to be the sticking point for me.

Chogorisian (Chogorian ?) to me equals Mongol. Certainly so in the 40k era, so I'd explore a Terran background - weren't all the Legions originally sourced and outfitted from Terra, and only during the course of reuniting humanity did they stumble upon their new homeworlds/Primarchs ? Nowt to stop a Japanese/Chinese/Asiatic theme stemming from the Himalayan labs, but it feels unnatural once presented with a non-Mongol force from Chogoris......might just be me.

Playing around with daemons seems a tad heretical too, but I get the influence/angle so it's worth exploring. Quite like the swirly motif, would look great in red on black shoulders, but the fox image looks like something you'd find on kawaii marines.......

Not sure I missed this mate. The Fire Raptors look great, exactly how I would have done the white of their armour. I'm not so sure on the clan symbol at the moment, looks a bit soft, if that makes sense. I'm sure you will pull it together though. What's the plans for the board?

Archived