Heavy weapons teams

Emprah2508

Well, as we know SM use Multilasers on their Land Raiders and Tyranids on their Carnifexes. It is just a matter of time. Oh wait, that is just CS Goto biggrin.png

Hey, don't jinx it - if you say his name too much, it'll become true! tongue.png

For heavy weapons squads, I like Mortars, Autocannons, Missile launchers, and Heavy bolters. I'm airborne infantry, so I have to pack in templates wherever I can. So Valks with Rocket pods, and mortars. I also bring a knight. But we're talking HWTs so...

I'm not quite there yet, but my plan is to put 2 mortar squads covered by 2 Heavy bolter squads in my platoon, with ML's in my infantry squads, and an autocannon squad to cover my PCS and the other teams against vehicles.  My PCS will of course go in a chimera. 

I wish we could get multilaser teams... 
On topic though, its much of a muchness. I run lascannon and autocannon teams. You just need to know how to prioritise their targets. 
I always target armour 13+ and 2+ save models with the lascannons while having the autocannon teams pound away at armour 12 and below and infantry whose armour it negates. Against MEQ just use battlecannons. Lascannons are expensive, but ive always had them more than make up their points in the first 2 or 3 turns. 

For heavy weapons squads, I like Mortars, Autocannons, Missile launchers, and Heavy bolters. I'm airborne infantry, so I have to pack in templates wherever I can. So Valks with Rocket pods, and mortars. I also bring a knight. But we're talking HWTs so...

I'm not quite there yet, but my plan is to put 2 mortar squads covered by 2 Heavy bolter squads in my platoon, with ML's in my infantry squads, and an autocannon squad to cover my PCS and the other teams against vehicles.  My PCS will of course go in a chimera. 

Do you actually have luck with mortars? I have personally never found them effective no matter how much I like the idea of them.

I actually have pretty good luck with them, if nothing else they force him to make decisions that I want him to, because of their reach and barrage, which means that he has to consider them when placing his men. He has to account for them even when he thinks he's safe. So it ends up forcing him into places where I can eliminate units by denying them a fall back move. 

Archived