Death Company, your salvation is near...

Jolemai

Been off for a while due to a lack of internet for the past week, but all being well I'll have the event thread up and running some time on Tuesday 1st September.

To answer a few more questions:

Ooh, I'm up for this - when does it start?

It's starts this Tuesday. I don't know the exact time yet (I'll be posting it from work) but the event will begin some time during the day for the UK. (For those elsewhere, my apologies)

I´m in (I have some unfinished stuff). I have to redeem myself from the first RTS.......

You too? ;)

and yes, unfinished stuff is more than welcome :)

ooh, I primed a Knight Errant last night, I might wait to paint him for the RTS. smile.png

As this is a BA event, I wasn't going to allow allies. Infact, the only non-BA units are Fortifications and those we can legally field in a BA force (e.g. a Warhound Titan).

However, Assassins, Imperial Knights, and Inquisition are pretty much single choice options so we can allow it if people want. What say you all?

I have been revived from my 6 year slumber to be met face to face with this challenge. This is the purpose of my return; it is what called me here on this day. It is our Primarch's will. For Sanguinius.

P.S. Hiya. Long time no see.

Welcome back and good to have you on board ;)

Ok, so if we can do half finished units, I'm in! I have 10 termies that need completing.

Indeed, half finished is the main purpose. It's all about offering the right sort of encouragement to get people over the line.

Is there a ruling on how incomplete something has to be to be valid for entry?

D

Is there a ruling on how incomplete something has to be to be valid for entry?

D

+1

Not really.

The original RTS stipulated that "models could be completely unpainted to almost done" and I have not changed this. However, I have added a footnote regarding the spirit of competition whereby I'd hope people will vow something that is worthy of receiving a prize to put in their signature. For example, if someone vowed a Tactical Squad that only needed the eye sockets painting, then that is simply mocking everything the event stands for.

In short, my inbox is always open so if you have something that is almost done and are unsure about it, let me know along with your plans and we'll work something out.

*** Note that bases and transfers are exempt to this, as you'll see why on Tuesday :)

Well, I'm guessing that I'm allowed to join this event, since my name is on the list and I still haven't completed my vow from the ETL. The Tac squad I vowed is only 4/10 completed... I got distracted and didn't touch them for about 3 months, then I painted some vehicles and... I'm having trouble making myself paint the marines when I have dreadnoughts and tanks sitting in boxes.

I guess it's time to pull the finger out.

Well, I'm guessing that I'm allowed to join this event, since my name is on the list and I still haven't completed my vow from the ETL. The Tac squad I vowed is only 4/10 completed... I got distracted and didn't touch them for about 3 months, then I painted some vehicles and... I'm having trouble making myself paint the marines when I have dreadnoughts and tanks sitting in boxes.

I guess it's time to pull the finger out.

Your automatically entered ;)

In short, those who failed their ETL vows have had the deadline moved back by another four months, and given the chance to complete them without the stress of the ETL. In addition to the incentive of getting a vow complete award for the RTS, it's quite possible there's something else in store for those who redeem themselves.

Please don't be offended; we just want to see your stuff completed!

Your automatically entered msn-wink.gif

In short, those who failed their ETL vows have had the deadline moved back by another four months, and given the chance to complete them without the stress of the ETL. In addition to the incentive of getting a vow complete award for the RTS, it's quite possible there's something else in store for those who redeem themselves.

Please don't be offended; we just want to see your stuff completed!

Ha, no offense taken. I'm sure none was intended.

I too want those models painted, mostly so they can stop staring accusingly at me from my desk.

ooh, I primed a Knight Errant last night, I might wait to paint him for the RTS. :)

As this is a BA event, I wasn't going to allow allies. Infact, the only non-BA units are Fortifications and those we can legally field in a BA force (e.g. a Warhound Titan).

However, Assassins, Imperial Knights, and Inquisition are pretty much single choice options so we can allow it if people want. What say you all?

I have been revived from my 6 year slumber to be met face to face with this challenge. This is the purpose of my return; it is what called me here on this day. It is our Primarch's will. For Sanguinius.

P.S. Hiya. Long time no see.

Welcome back and good to have you on board ;)

I say we allow it, IF Buki also vows something Blood Angels. Anything with a blood drop on it will do, really. After all, this is in place to help us encourage each other to finish our beautiful BA work yeah? Let's pledge big. :)

Thank you! Looking back, the last thing I see I did on B&C was respond to a pm from Owl&MoonGuy in 2006 welcoming me from my previous hiatus. So it may have been 9 years actually... ^_^"

Archived