Inquisitor Krista Abalyshev and Her Retinue

http://i59.tinypic.com/opoa2v.jpg

What I have so far,

Two sisters of Sigmar, a matriarch and sister superior as priests.

Two Necromunda Escher girls and limited edition female commissar to be used as acolytes/Crusaders (maybe)

And a cyber cherub with Bolter, will use as servo skull replacement (am after the alternative versions currently)

Also trying to find the female Inquistor model at not insane eBay prices.

A Jokaero or two will be on the list

And then the OOP death cult sisters and the new model.

Was wondering if anyone thought servitors are a good idea game wise and if so any female models that would fit the bill.

This will be a retinue to ally with my sisters army.

Was also wondering whether it's best to take these girls in a flyer or tank?

All comments are welcomed, thanks! :D

P.S I'm only getting the models together currently so no painting W.I.P's yet as my tau and sisters are first in line, might do them for next years ETL at this rate :P

I don't think servitors are a great addition, and you'll likely not find female models easily anyway. Best transport is a Chimera usually, reliable enough and has some nice capabilities. A Land Raider is best but only if you're building a beat stick unit and are happy to spend the points!

I didn't know we could have Thunderhawks ohmy.png! Someone, quick, get me Forge World on the phone...they're closed...right. Sunday.

Isn't a Thunderhawk a flying Land Raider with an optional D-Weapon? Sounds awesome! Another side of me says no. If the Inquisition is your main force, I still wouldn't consider taking one. You're putting all your proverbial eggs in one basket- an AV14 basket, but it's still a basket. I can stretch my fluffiness for the Inquisition having a few Thunderhawks (mainly for that manly man Coteaz msn-wink.gif) and, then again, it's hard. But, hey, they have access to Land Raiders so why not?

As an aside: just because you have access to it doesn't mean it's the right tool for the job. Space Marines use this? Well, we should, too. Why? Because we're the Inquisition devil.gif!

Anywho, it all depends on who you normally face. If you need a flying D-Weapon, go for it. If you enjoy the art of subtlety, I'd leave it at home.

Repentia with a Thunderhawk... devil.gif

I'd go with some Valkyries and Vendettas/Vultures for some air superiority goodness. I would think your average game would be best served with a Valkyrie. You can take passengers and attempt to blow things out of the sky. What's not to love?

Taking the Stormwing Formation may be a better bet if you want flyer support and a flying assault transport (with slight bonus to shooting). Its  a couple storm talons and stormraven that come in together. That way you won't be limited in who can start in it.

And can troops assault out or not? And would it have to be given to my retinue and not my other troops? Sorry for all the questions as I have never used flyers before.

It's only a Transport ship, not an Assault craft, sadly. You can give it to your retinue or your other troops- it's a Fast Attack option. If your retinue will be six bodies or under, I'd give them a Vendetta as it holds a transport capacity of Six and puts out a lot of fire.

Ask all the questions you'd like. I'm here to help. And to also persecute the unfaithful happy.png!

EDIT- I'm referring to the earlier thought about taking a Valkyrie, not a Stormraven Gunship. I'm not sure the Inquisition can take a Space Marine formation but I'm not real sure.

I don't want to ally with marines as I hate them ^_^

I like the inquisition and I like grey Knights so I will be using these as my primary detatchments for my sisters :)

If the formation can work through grey Knights then maybe.

So is there any assault craft inquisitors can take? I thought I had heard of a way of getting repentia in and attacking straight out of a vehicle if it does a hover move or something. Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

As for the retinue I'm thinking an inquisitor, Jokaero, two DCA's and two crusaders if they had to keep to six...although maybe remove a crusader for a priest for their buffs.

You're basically limited to Land Raiders (any variety) if you want to stay pure Inquisition. With Grey Knights, you can always stick your Inquisitor and Retinue in a Stormraven Gunship and have a field day.

With both of the vehicles listed you don't have to keep to six models. In fact, if you take a Land Raider Crusader you can have a lot more than that. I keep my retinue small for fluffy reasons but feel free to max it out if you wish. And, yes, always take a Priest happy.png!

I don't know why a Land Raider would be a bad option besides the huge point cost. Actually, yeah. The point cost is a big part of it, I guess.

Take a Valkyrie and try it out. They won't be able to assault out of the bird but you could always drop them behind hard cover. It's not the best plan but I've done worse confused.gif.

I'd really go for a Chimera with a plain load-out (of course you must get the Inquisition Chimera Rear Door because awesome happy.png). It's unassuming enough that you could try to trick your opponent into its importance on the field. I know we've had this conversation before on another thread. If you plan on running Sisters in Rhinos, even better. I wish we had other options but it seems like these are the only two viable ones. Well, you could always foot slog and hug cover- that's my favourite, really. Dare them to show themselves, the knaves! Bah! The enemy shall know no peace or succor whilst my eviscerator runs!

But with the rest of my army rocking repressors or immolators won't a chimera be an easy target? What's its AV? I may just footslog and see how that goes, but with a mechanised list that might leave them high and dry. But I agree that the Valkyrie wouldn't be very good for them, are Valkyries on their own a good option?

I would say it's the same as any Rhino chassis in terms of being an easy target. Its AV is 12/10/10. Put it in the middle of all the vehicles and no one can see it.

I mean, we're really looking at these units in a vacuum right now. Take the humble Chimera for example. IG players have been using them for ages to good effect but on paper they look like a wet sneeze could crush them. Same with a Valkyrie. It's a 12/12/10 bird that'll be in a turkey shoot if you don't give it some support. Some people will have you believe a certain unit is golden on the battlefield but the truth of the matter is that you have to decide what works for you in your area. People always told me the internet didn't favour Vindicators and that they weren't worth anything when I was playing Iron Hands but then I'd start popping their armour and emplacements like squirrels out in winter looking for food.

I seem to sound like my Great-Grandfather today. Anyway, the only thing I can tell you about the Valkyrie is that they have basis for being a good flyer and are really the only option the Inquisition has when it comes to a flyer.

If anything rocking up with a Chimera makes the Rhinos and Immos more of a target as AV11 is easier to tackle, but as Meh says it's not a big enough difference to worry about. The Chimera also makes for a nice gun platform too :) Valkyries can (and should) be built for infantry hunting which they can do well at with the missile pods, but I think this should be a complementary (or secondary) role to that as a transport. Get a unit where it needs to be then go roaming for juicy targets or swoop in for a quick relocation :tu:

Fair enough, well once I build the retinue I will be on the look out to give them something to roll up in, who knows...I may even break my rules and add sisters, grey Knights and inquisition altogether so they can take a storm raven ;P

MMM... storm ravens biggrin.png Ha.. gives me idea for a photo joke.

I don't want to ally with marines as I hate them happy.png
I like the inquisition and I like grey Knights so I will be using these as my primary detatchments for my sisters smile.png

But.. but.... Grey Knights are Spaaazzz Mahreeeeensss

They don't follow any of the generalisation SPEHSS MEHREENS follow. They are hand picked with only the select few of them being inducted...if they survive ;).

All of them are psykers and very few people even know they exist.

They're literally the daemonic men in black of the 41st Millenia.

They don't follow any of the generalisation SPEHSS MEHREENS follow. They are hand picked with only the select few of them being inducted...if they survive msn-wink.gif.

All of them are psykers and very few people even know they exist.

They're literally the daemonic men in black of the 41st Millenia.

yes yes.. i know all dis.. but i had to make a space marine joke, tooooooooooo

Taking the Stormwing Formation may be a better bet if you want flyer support and a flying assault transport (with slight bonus to shooting). Its  a couple storm talons and stormraven that come in together. That way you won't be limited in who can start in it.

Stole the words out of my mouth. This seems like the best bet by far, and wish I had gone this route instead of my Landraider. This formation fulfills both roles of giving you anti-air and a reliable assault transport for a beat-stick =][= retinue.

Do I not need grey Knights as well to do the stormwing formation? That was the main issue.

No, it's a standalone formation. So the Storm Raven and two Talons completes the formation. You don't need to bring anything else.

And since formations are standalone, you can bring it with any force.

That said, I don't own the dataslate (costs $3.99 at Black Library) but I read somewhere that you're only allowed to put Codex: Space Marines unit inside the Storm Raven, so that may be the fly in the ointment.

Archived