RULES - Primarch and Legion

simison

Well, his artificer armor with refractor covers that :biggrin.:

I used the primarch rule because it incoperates all the rules I wanted to use for him anyway, so it was easier to just use that rule name.

Well, the Artificer armor and Refractor Field aren't in the Wargear part of his profile, hence why I was asking :p

Care to explain how/why all the Primarch Rules would fit for someone who isn't a Primarch?

oh, missed that :p

well, like I said. he is a primarch equillavent. He is the father of Alexos and a godlike being, so the primarch rule felt quiete fitting, even while fluff wise he is not a primarch but just a large suit of armor that is warp fueled and can have a good match against a few primarchs

adamantium will: he is litterly a soul in a suit of armor held in by deamonic runes, he is a warp fueled guy, he would know how to ignore enemy spells

fleet: his jump pack and being a deamon should give enough explenation :p

Iwnd: see explenation 1

about this.. I think xD

and rather not a deamon, he is supposed to be very knowledged in the way of the warp, not a slave of thw warp ;)

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108

To me, it would be a bit more fitting for him to be a Daemon Prince / Greater Daemon even if he isn't a Slave to Chaos due to his Nature as essentially being one.

Edited by Slipstreams

He is not pure warp essence... He is a soul trapped by Alexos in a suit of armor (I dont even wanna know how Alexos did that... probably a very creepy way knowing him...)

Oh, I have so much more AoS models for 30k coming

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108

Wow. Hadn't really look through the new models properly before now. Been too annoyed by the sweeping changes to Fantasy to really want to, but those Paladin models with sword-spears are really quite cool. It's a bit of a pity about the price tag, but might try to get some of those bits for conversions along the line.

Hi guys. Thought I'd give you all a bit of an update on where I am with running Primarch vs Primarch duels for our Insurrection. Using Simison's model for running the combats I have thus far faced K'awil against Alexos, Alexandros(with Xiphos), Jackel, Coch'ise and I've done one duel for Pionus.

The wins/losses currently stack thus:

K'awil 3-0 Alexos

K'awil 2-1 Alexandros

K'awil 2-1 Jackel

K'awil 3-0 Coch'ise

K'awil 0-1 Pionus

The victory count doesn't give the whole story though. For example when facing Jackel two of the three matches were complete nail-biters I was on the edge of my seat as it came down to their last wounds. Whereas the one match against Pionus was a complete curbstomp. 11 rounds of combat resulted in one dead K'awil and Pionus on... 6 wounds. Yes that's right full wounds, the only damage he took (2 wounds total over the whole combat) he regenerated with his IWND.

Based off of that so far I am going to make a couple of suggestions for alterations.

• Alexos: I think that he should go back to having a +2S weapon. He only has 4 attacks and it is two-handed, so I think the bonus is pretty justified.
  • Alexandros: With Xiphos he and K'awil stacked up well against each other. When I get round to using the Spear of Terra I think that the balance will swing the other way. Which it should IMO at that point discrepancy.
  • Jackel: All these matches were tight, but I think that he could do with a small boost along the lines of Master-crafted on his Axe. Also there is currently no reason to us his bite over his axe. An alternative to the MC axe could be to make the bite an additional attack that works in the same way as a servo-arm. So that will give him a use for it and add a little buff to his fighting ability.
  • Coch'ise: Currently he needs something to boost his prowess in combat. Particularly as he only has a 5+ inv. My note have him at 450 points, but my gut would put him down at the 400 mark, maybe even lower. Giving him some way of getting re-rolls to hit or wound, would to me be warranted as he is currently weedier than even K'awil. :wink:
  • Pionus: Where to start :tongue.: I really think he needs to be slightly toned down somewhere. His Initiative is really too high for someone who is supposed to be outlasting his opponent with enormous stamina. I also think his overall toughness needs a small reduction too as at the moment he takes on average 0.86 wounds from a charging Angron. And this is the highest average of anyone at any time. The mean of all the Primarchs is 0.39 wounds on the charge. I think even a minor change like not letting him roll FNP againts Instant Death attacks would be enough to tweak those odds just a little in everyone else's favour. A little something I just remembered to point out is that due to IWND Primarchs regain roughly 0.17 W/combat round. Currently there are 6 Primarchs who deal 0.2 or less wounds per combat round and thus end up doing basically no damage to him in perpetuity.
Edited by Grifftofer

I second those thoughts on Pionius. When I've tested him against Hectarion(whose a monster in close combat) he always won and the lowest I got him was 3 wounds. He should be toned down and I think probably have his points cost bumped up a bit

In the process of rewording some stuff - for points hes already at 480

Hectarion is 475 points and the fights between him and Pionus were still very one sided.

What I mostly meant was that I wont be bumping his points up - Im not going to make him cost as much as Horus but, instead bring his relative power down to be more in line with that cost.