RULES - Primarch and Legion

simison

Simison, was just writing out personal copies of the rules of all our Primarchs so I can test them agaisnt one another and spotted one small thing on the Jade General's rules.

Under his Three Elements rule in the Water section he gains Precision Strikes. He actually already has this rule as of the last round of FAQs I believe that all Primarchs got both Precision Shots and Strikes. So you could maybe increase his Precision Strikes to happening on a 5+ or come up with a different rule, possibly Blind to represent the subtle and dangerous motion of his attacks?

@ Chief Captain Redd.

What if Daer'dd's Stormwalker were like the Personal Teleporter Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknights can take.

Changes him to Jump Infantry so he can Deep Strike, maybe without scatter or with reduced scatter, has 12 inch move in the movement phase and once per game he gets to move up to 30 inches but cannot charge if he does so.

@ Alpharius Glad Niklaas comes off as balanced that's what I strive for in all things. Balance.

I based it off the old Warp Spider warp jump generator, as that's where he based the tech from in the fluff. Unfortunately I can't play test either but. I do think your Dreadknight esque rules seem a bit more elegant for a Primarch.

Simison, was just writing out personal copies of the rules of all our Primarchs so I can test them agaisnt one another and spotted one small thing on the Jade General's rules.

Under his Three Elements rule in the Water section he gains Precision Strikes. He actually already has this rule as of the last round of FAQs I believe that all Primarchs got both Precision Shots and Strikes. So you could maybe increase his Precision Strikes to happening on a 5+ or come up with a different rule, possibly Blind to represent the subtle and dangerous motion of his attacks?

Precision Strike on a 5+ sounds more reasonable. As fancy as his martial arts gets, I don't think Jay could blind people with them. 

Precision Strike on a 5+ sounds more reasonable. As fancy as his martial arts gets, I don't think Jay could blind people with them. 

I was seeing double after a nunchaku incident once, don't doubt it.

Ok. So it's taken me a while, but I've got a very rough analysis of almost all the Primarchs according to their pure hitting ability, on a per attack basis. Basically I can tell you the percentage chance of any given Primarch causing a wound on any other factoring in all of their charging bonuses, weapons, armour, FNP etc.

It's actually proven quite informative from my point of view as it gives me an idea of how good everyone is on attack and defense. For example Angron is unsurprisingly the most killy Primarch on the Charge, but after he charges it is Raktra who edges him out. So overall I suspect that Raktra would do more damage in a duel. And by far the most survivable is Pionus who will at worst suffer a wound 12% of the time (Vs a charging Angron). Honestly he may even be too tough still :S.

I will make my excel files available once they are complete for people to look at if they wish, I just need to wait for the last Primarchs to come in. One thing that it would be awesome if people could help me with. Could Hectarion, Kozja, Niklaas and Azus describe the type of weapons that they wield as I'm trying to work out who is affected by Coch'ise' Oaken Plate.

Any specific Questions feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer them in a useful way.

As he stands at the moment Gwalchavad is one of the weaker Primarchs is terms of combat ability, according to his base stat-line at least. He has a less than 10% chance per attack of causing a wound when he goes up against 12 of his brothers and his best chace of wounding is 17%. Of course he does have a high base number of attacks and gets more as the battle goes on, so he isn't at the very bottom, just near to it.

Points-wise I'd say he's probably worth around the 430 region as he stands at the moment. Because he has really good speed and manoeuvrability and he generally improves as the battle goes on. So what he loses out on at the beginning he gets back towards the end of the game.

Ah. I should probably point out that as of yet I have only done statistical tests of the various combatants. So everyone is getting precisely average rolls and such. So I don't have rounds of combat fought, but I could work out how many rounds on average it would take them each to kill one another. I know that it doesn't represent what happens in the various duels that people run, but I find it useful to compare using this method as I'm not subject to crazy rolling.

Ok. So it's taken me a while, but I've got a very rough analysis of almost all the Primarchs according to their pure hitting ability, on a per attack basis. Basically I can tell you the percentage chance of any given Primarch causing a wound on any other factoring in all of their charging bonuses, weapons, armour, FNP etc.

It's actually proven quite informative from my point of view as it gives me an idea of how good everyone is on attack and defense. For example Angron is unsurprisingly the most killy Primarch on the Charge, but after he charges it is Raktra who edges him out. So overall I suspect that Raktra would do more damage in a duel. And by far the most survivable is Pionus who will at worst suffer a wound 12% of the time (Vs a charging Angron). Honestly he may even be too tough still :S.

I will make my excel files available once they are complete for people to look at if they wish, I just need to wait for the last Primarchs to come in. One thing that it would be awesome if people could help me with. Could Hectarion, Kozja, Niklaas and Azus describe the type of weapons that they wield as I'm trying to work out who is affected by Coch'ise' Oaken Plate.

Any specific Questions feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer them in a useful way.

Niklaas' Redeemer is a warhammer, in the historical style. Square head with the corners of the striking face extended into points and a large curved spike on the reverse.

Niklaas' Redeemer is a warhammer, in the historical style. Square head with the corners of the striking face extended into points and a large curved spike on the reverse.

So probably a bit like Eidolon's ? Or bigger ?

So probably a bit like Eidolon's ? Or bigger ?

Similar style just primarch sized.

I edited Niklaas to clarify the TrueSilver rule. I also removed Unweildy from his hammer. He's only I5 so he's going last most times anyway. Ferrus and Vulkan are both I5 so it seems reasonable.

With a Single Melee Weapon Profile like Ferrus and Vulkan, thats fair. If he was like Gulliman or Horus, then Unwieldy would have had to stick.

Sagitarii the reborn, the godfather, the semi living, the unseeing eye

365pts

Ws7 bs4 s5 t6 w5 i7 a5 ld10 sv2+/5++

Wargear:

The godsmasher hammer

refractor field

artificer armor

frag/krak grenades

jump pack

The temper claw

Angellike (For use against BoU)

special rules:

primarch

furious charge

deamon

rage

The godsmasher hammer: S+2 ap2 murderous strike, rending, armorbane, two handed

The temper claw: R12" S6 Ap3, assault 3, rending

So why is he so cheap? Well, he is supposed to be a primarch equillavent, but without the army wide buffs, and only 5 wounds and S5, so in all seriousness, he is a beatstick with not tooooo great weaponry or stats

This is the representation of Sagitarii, the first tutor and father of Alexos. Sagitarii at some point dies because emperor reasons, but Alexos brings his dad back in a white suit of armor, putting the lost soul in the armor, kinda like the thousand sons ;)

thoughts?

Edited by AlphariusOmegon108