RULES - Primarch and Legion

simison

Here are the near finalized rules&special units for the Crimson Lions

Crimson Lions Special Rules:

Legiones Astartes: See Betrayel

Blood of the Lion: If a Crimson Lions unit takes 25% casualties and passes a LD test at a -2 modifier, then it gains rage.

Shield Wall: If 2 or more Crimson Lions units are within "6" of each other, they gain +1T againsg shooting attacks.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Hectarion Mycenor, 475 points(Lord of War)

WS8 BS6 S6 T6 W6 I6 A6 LD10 SV2++/4++

Wargear: Godstooth, Hereah's Breath, Primarch armour, Hoplon shield, the Lion Stone.

Godstooth: +1S AP2 murderous strike, armourbane.

Hereah's Breath: S6 AP4, template, rending

The Lion Stone: Gives friendly units within "6" Furious Charge.

Special rules: Furious Charge, rage, Sons of Mycenae, the Mycenor, sire of the crimson lions.

Sons of Mycenae: All Crimson Lions units within 12" of Hectarion may re-roll charge distances

The Mycenor: Before the game starts, Hectarion must take a LD test at -2LD. If he passes then he gains +1I. If he fails then Hectarion must always attempt to charge any enemy unit within "12" of him.

Sire of the crimson lions: Any unit Hectarion is attached to may re roll 1s on to hit rolls for CC. a

Also, all units within 12" gain the fearless and stubborn special rule

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Maridius, Lord of the Hypaspists. 275 points.

WS6 BS5 S4 T4 A4 I5 W4 LD10 SV:2++/4++

Wargear: Soul reaver, hoplon shield, artificier armour, archeotech pistol.

Soul reaver +1S, +1I rending, soulblaze

Special rules: Ciringite frontem, Hold the Line, To the primarch!, independent character, Legiones Astartes(Crimson Lions)

Ciringite frontem: See Line Centurion.

Hold the Line: Any breacher squads within "6" of Maridius may re roll failed invulnerable saves if they pass a LD test at -2. They must do this every turn to keep using this.

To the Primarch: If Maridius and the squad he's attached to are within "6" of Hectarion, they may re roll failed to wound rolls.

You are Lions!: Any Breacher Squad within "6" of Maridius gains preferred enemy.

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Myrvallen Agramman of Clan Kesh, 175 points(HQ)

WS5 BS4 S4 T4 A3 I4 W2 LD10 SV3++/4++

Wargear: Power armour, hoplon shield, Herekleons Wrath, frag&krak grenades.

Herekleons Wrath: +2S, AP2, unwieldy.

Special Rules: Legiones Astartes(Crimson Lions), Furious Charge, Rage, Rampage, Strong Arm, King of Battle.

Strong Arm: Agramman ignores the effects of unwieldy on the turn he charges.

King of Battle: Agramman may choose to replace his attack statistic with the number of models he's in base contact with.

Arminius Soron, Champion of the Mycenor, 230 points(HQ)

WS7 BS4 S4 T4 W3 I6 A4 LD10 SV2+/4+

Wargear: Athia's blade, hoplon shield, artificier armour, frag&krak grenades.

Athia's touch: +1S, AP3 shred, rending, decapitate.

Decapitate: If Arminius Soron rolls a 6 for his to hit roll, he acts as if Athia's touch has instant death.

Special Rules: Preferred Enemy(everyone), Headhunter, Blade Dancer, Lord of the Pezhetairoi

Headhunter: If theres is an enemy indepenedent character in the same combat as Arminius Soron he must challenge him. However, for every independent character he kills, Arminius Sorron gains +1A

Blade Dancer: In duels, Arminius Soron gains +1I and +1A.

Lord of the Pezhetairoi: Every Crimson Lion within "6" of Arminius Soron gains +1LD.

Line Centurion, +50 points upgrade for a centurion.

Wargear: Close combat weapon, bolt pistol, breacher shield, power armour.

Special rules: Ciringite Frontem!, Line Centurion.

Ciringite frontem: Any unit with a Line Centurion in upgrades it's Toughness by one.

Line Centurion: Line Centurions may never take cataphractii armour or a bike.

Myramodons, 330 points.(Elite)

WS6 BS4 S4 T4 A3 I4 W2 LD10 SV2++/4++.

Wargear: Power halberds, twin linked bolters, hoplon shields, tartaros terminator armour.

Power halberds: +1S AP3 rend on 5+.

Special rules: Champions of the Mycenor, Bloodsworn, Furious Charge.

Champions of the Mycenor: When fighting other Elite units, the Myramodons gain +1S.

Bloodsworn: When Hectarion is attached to a unit of Myramodons, they gain +1A.

Unit size: 5.

May take up to 5 more Myramodons for +60 points each.

Toxotai 250 points(Elite)

WS4 BS4 S4 T5 A2 I4 W1 LD9 SV3++/5++

Wargear: Breacher shield, bionics, frag&krak grenades, bolters, falcan blade, targeting systems, special ammunition, void hardened armour.

Targeting systems: May re roll 1s for to hit rolls

Falcan blades: +1S AP4, unwieldy, AP3 if a 5 or 6 is rolled for the to wound roll.

Special rules: Rage, feel no pain, Legiones astartes(Crimson Lions).

Unit size: 10

May take up to 10 more toxotai for +17 points each

Any model in the squad may take a burning volkite for +12 points

One in 4 may take

Flamer +5 points.

Graviton gun +10 points.

Power weapon +10 points.

Plasma gun +15 points.

Line Breakers, 235 points.(Fast Attack)

WS4 BS4 S4 T4 A1 I4 W1 LD8 SV3++/5++

Wargear: Power armour, breacher shields, close combat weapon, bolt pistol,jump pack, frag&krak grenades.

Special Rules: Furious Charge, Sworn to Death, rampage, Death or Glory, Legiones astartes(Crimson Lions).

Unit size: 10

May take up to 10 more Line Breakers for +15 points each.

One in three may take

Flamer +10 points.

Falcan blade +10 points.

Plasma pistol +15 points.

Power weapon +10 points.

Power fist +15 points.

Power hammer +20 points.

Sworn to death: Line Breakers may have the bonus attack for wielding a bolt pistol and chainsword however they always get hit on a 4+.

Death or Glory: If a unit is under 50% strength it may attempt to regroup. When a unit is under 25% strength, it must take a LD test. If it passes it gains +1A.

Crimson Lions specific wargear:

Falcan blade: +1S AP4, unwieldy, are AP3 on a to hit roll of 5 or 6. May be taken by sergeants, centurions or praetors for +5 points.

Hoplon Shield: Gives a 4++ invulnerable save in close combat and 5++ at range. May be taken by sergeants, centurions or praetors for +20 points.

The Blood Wolf(Relic) +60 points

The legions ancient battle standard, the Blood Wolf has marched alongside the XI legion since its inception. From the standard swing the silvered heads of a dozen foes the XI has fought and defeated, among them the Tyrant Kalagann of Ursh, the Tech Lords of Ivrax and the Ork Warboss Skullstompa. When they are within view of the Blood Wolf, the Crimson Lions will fight all the harder to uphold the gloriois reputation of the legion.

Any Crimson Lions within "12" of the Blood Wolf gain a re roll for to hit rolls of 1 and Crusader. If the model bearing the Blood Wolf is killed, then all Crimson Lions on the field gain Furious Charge and the banner becomes an objective.

Soul Reaver(Relic)If Maridius isn't in your army Soul Reaver may be taken by any up to 1 Praetpr for +35 points

Soul Reaver is a blade that has been carried by the Legion Masters of the XI legion ever since it was awarded to them by the Emperor following their clearing of the orbital stations above Luna. It is rumoured that Soul Reaver not only kills your body buy also rips your soul to pieces as it does so.

+1S, +1I, rending, soulblaze.

Edited by Sigismund229

XXth Legion - Ghost Walkers

++Legion Astartes Rules++

Pathfinder: All non terminator armored units with the Legion Astartes Ghost Walkers special rule may make a normal scout movement. Any units with the Scout rule already may instead choose to redeploy after both sides have set up, but do not get to make an additional scout movement.

"Tree Walk": Any unit with the LAGW special rule gain +1 to cover saves in forest terrain pieces and ignore difficult terrain when moving through it.

Ancient tradition: You may not take more Heavy Support choices than there are despoiler squads, destroyer squads, or dreadnoughts.

++Hunter Killer clan++

Unit Entry: (Elites or Fast Attack choice)

Clansman WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W1 A2 I4 Ld8 SV3+

Headsman WS5 BS4 S4 T4 W2 A3 I4 Ld9 SV3+

Unit Size:

- 4 clansmen

- 1 Headsman

Cost:

200 points

Wargear:

Chainaxe

Bolt pistol

Power Armor

Frag and krak grenades

Rules:

Legion Astartes Ghost Walkers

Fleet

Warpath

Hot blooded

Implacable advance

Infiltrate

Upgrades:

-May take an additional 10 clansmen for +15 points per model

-May take 1 weapon from the following list for every 5 models in the squad

*Plasma gun....+15 points

*Melta gun....+15 points

*Power Weapon....+10 points

-Any model that doesn't have a weapon from the above list may take

*Bolter....+2 points

*Volkite charger...+5 points

-The Headsman may take (if weapon choice taken, swap for his chain axe and/or bolt pistol)

*Artificer armor....+10 points

*Power Weapon....+10 points

*Melta bombs....+5 points

*Power fist....+15 points

-The whole squad may swap their Implacable advance special rule and purchase rad grenades for +10 points

Special Rules:

•Warpath - This Hunter killer team has either tracked or laid in wait for their target for a considerable amount of time. Their killing blow will not be stopped except a command from a higher power. This unit may mark one enemy unit, the hunter killer team may then, once per game, run and assault this marked enemy unit.

•Hot Blooded - the clansmen that comprise these squads are ambitious in the extreme and usually come from experienced despoiler or destroyer units. Violent in temperament and fractitious except for under a strong Headsman, these clansmen will vie for control when let off the leash. If the Headsman in the unit dies, the unit makes all morale checks at -1 LD.

What do you guys think of this unit? Its initial cost is the same as Gal Vorbak, but is way more glass cannon-y. It's supposed to be a Despoiler squad++ for veteran and unstable legionaries.

++Ghost Walkers Primarch++

Coch'ise "The Fallen Star"

Stats:

WS7 BS6 S6 T6 W5 A5 I7 LD10 SV2+

Wargear:

Oaken Plate

Thunderhead

Matched vibro hawks

Frag and krak grenades

Nuncio Vox

Special Rules:

Primarch

Sire of the Ghost Walkers

Fleet

Stealth

Shrouded

Move through cover

Infiltrate

Independent Character

Rules:

•Oaken plate - Coch'ise's set of artificer armor forged from the Ironbark oaks of his home planet. The unique nature of this substance protects the Primarch from deadly blows from cutting weapons and blends him seamlessly into his surroundings. The Ironbark Oak trees are near impossible to cut down with conventional axe weapon, requiring dedicated plasma cutters and unique tools to harvest the resource.

The Oaken plate gives Coch'ise a 2+ save and a 5+ Invulnerable save. Any "axe" type weapon attacks become AP3 against him. This war-plate also reduces the strength of shooting attacks against Coch'ise by -1.

•Thunderhead - a baroque volkite weapon whose namesake came from its impending sonic crash resulting from the massive discharge of energy. Given to Coch'ise by the Emperor after seeing the Primarch's forces in action.

He remarked: "I saw the cream plate of the XXth floating across the terrain like ancient Terran clouds bearing tidings of a wrathful tempest. At once, all the legionaries discharged their bolters, and like rain, it pattered against the enemy armor and wore them down. Truly, my son brings the storm of battle to the enemy's of Man."

Thunderhead

Range 24" S7 AP5 Assault 3, rending, deflagrate, concussive

•Matched Vibro Hawks - A pair of energy shrouded tomahawks wielded by Coch'ise that exchange strength for agility in close quarters combat.

Range: Melee S - AP2 Rage, Murderous Strike, deflagrate

++Sire of the Ghost Walkers++

Years of Cloak and Dagger style warfare and spear point strikes has honed Coch'ise and his sons to fight like a thrown tomahawk. They strike from hiding or drop in on top of enemy positions to suddenly overwhelm their foes and deliver a fatal blow before fading back into cover. They are particularly adept at razing towns and destroying vital targets while avading the main enemy body of troops. This lowers the morale of their foe and frustrates generals who feel as though the XXth legion slips through their fingers.

Rules:

•When Coch'ise is present on the table, all dreadnoughts and units with the legion Astartes Ghost Walkers rule gain fleet.

•Any unit joined by Coch'ise (including Coch'ise himself) gains hit and run

•Destroyer squads and Hunter Killer Squads may be taken as non compulsory troops choices

•Destroyer, Despoiler, and hunter killer squads may take a dreadclaw or anvillus drop pod as a DT

**Coch'ise may opt to take his personally modified Anvillus drop pod "Cloud Runner" for 200 points (that he and his attached squad may start in) with the following profile:

"Cloud Runner"

Front 13 Side 13 Rear 13 HP5

Transport capacity: 15 models plus Coch'ise

Reinforced hull: against shooting attacks, this model has a 5++ save

Drop pod assault (replaces infiltrate on Coch'ise)

Armored ceramite

Integrated data-djinn - this drop pod only scatters d6"

Cloud runner should be 100 pts, its just a bigger drop pod really.

An Anvillus pod is 100 which is what Cloud runner is based off of, but it has a 5++, better armor, and only scatters d6". Since it's a moving assault transport, I think it requires a much higher points cost no? I had 175 but I felt that might be too cheesy?

Some nice rules in there Depth. I will make a small suggestion though, and it applies to anyone creating volkite weapons of any form. Part of what makes the Volkite weapon so unique is that it seems to work in multiples of 5" rather than 6" for range increments. I would suggest that anyone coming up with new volkite weapons take that onboard and match their weapon ranges to that established paradigm.

Why not just make Cloudrunner an Av13 Kharybdis?

Lol because that thing is waaaay over costed

>.<

@Mikhail

He's the Squirrel Primarch!!!! He's gonna take your nuts!

Omg... Castrated by a squirrel....not the way I envisioned it.

Why not just make Cloudrunner an Av13 Kharybdis?

Lol because that thing is waaaay over costed

>.<

@Mikhail

He's the Squirrel Primarch!!!! He's gonna take your nuts!

Omg... Castrated by a squirrel....not the way I envisioned it.

As for the Kharybids: Just give it buffs but no actual change to its points cost. Remember, Dorns Aetos Dios is Cheaper and Better equipped than a similar normal Thunderhawk.

Haha ok then :P

**Coch'ise may opt to take his personally modified Kharybidis drop pod "Cloud Runner" for 250 points (that he and his attached squad may start in) with the following profile:

"Cloud Runner"

Transport capacity: 25 models

Weapons:

• 6 Cyclone missile launchers with frag and krak grenades

*Cloud Runner may be upgraded for +50 points to replace its 6 cyclone missile launchers for 6 rad missile launchers

1 Void shield

Armored ceramite

What I added -> it's a Kharybidis, it's 250 points, it has improved armor, a void shield, cyclone launchers, 25 person capacity, and it can swap for rad launchers :devil:

That thing is ridiculously undercosted. It is pure Rocket vomit. 12 S8 Krak Missiles kills an AV12 vehicle a turn. Throw on Caestus level armour, a Void Shield and improved capacity, you are looking for 350ish pts, if not more. That was just a first guess i've not properly delved into it.

That thing is ridiculously undercosted. It is pure Rocket vomit. 12 S8 Krak Missiles kills an AV12 vehicle a turn. Throw on Caestus level armour, a Void Shield and improved capacity, you are looking for 350ish pts, if not more. That was just a first guess i've not properly delved into it.

Well, it comes with a Primarch Tax so its not that bad :p

Well, it comes with a Primarch Tax so its not that bad :p

This. You have to pay another 450 pts to actually get the option. So its perfectly priced :D

That's what I thought too, but my under mensch got the best of me :P

I think the added clause should be that it counts as a combined LoW choice, so that together, it comes out to 700 points. You can't use anything that big by the 25% rule until you hit 2800 points. So maybe it's a bit balanced that way, because at that point level, you should have a few AA options of flyers.

Does that help balance it more?

That's what I thought too, but my under mensch got the best of me :tongue.:

It happens to the best of us.

Got to admit I missed that it was a Primarch only option. But yes, sharing a LoW slot makes it slightly better.

To carry another squad, to be explicitly clear, as an Independent Character, if he joins another squad, that squad cannot start the game in the transport. Stating something to the effect that 'any Ghost Warriors Squad that Coch'is is currently joined to considers the Cloud Runner to be their dedicated transport.' goes somehwat to alleviating pernickity rules 'lawyers' like myself. :P

++Ghost Walkers Primarch++

Coch'ise "The Fallen Star"

Stats:

WS7 BS6 S6 T6 W5 A5 I7 LD10 SV2+

Wargear:

Oaken Plate

Thunderhead

Matched vibro hawks

Frag and krak grenades

Nuncio Vox

Special Rules:

Primarch

Sire of the Ghost Walkers

Fleet

Stealth

Shrouded

Move through cover

Infiltrate

Independent Character

Rules:

•Oaken plate - Coch'ise's set of artificer armor forged from the Ironbark oaks of his home planet. The unique nature of this substance protects the Primarch from deadly blows from cutting weapons and blends him seamlessly into his surroundings. The Ironbark Oak trees are near impossible to cut down with conventional axe weapon, requiring dedicated plasma cutters and unique tools to harvest the resource.

The Oaken plate gives Coch'ise a 2+ save and a 5+ Invulnerable save. Any "axe" type weapon attacks become AP3 against him. This war-plate also reduces the strength of shooting attacks against Coch'ise by -1.

•Thunderhead - a baroque volkite weapon whose namesake came from its impending sonic crash resulting from the massive discharge of energy. Given to Coch'ise by the Emperor after seeing the Primarch's forces in action.

He remarked: "I saw the cream plate of the XXth floating across the terrain like ancient Terran clouds bearing tidings of a wrathful tempest. At once, all the legionaries discharged their bolters, and like rain, it pattered against the enemy armor and wore them down. Truly, my son brings the storm of battle to the enemy's of Man."

Thunderhead

Range 24" S7 AP5 Assault 3, rending, deflagrate, concussive

•Matched Vibro Hawks - A pair of energy shrouded tomahawks wielded by Coch'ise that exchange strength for agility in close quarters combat.

Range: Melee S - AP2 Rage, Murderous Strike, deflagrate

++Sire of the Ghost Walkers++

Years of Cloak and Dagger style warfare and spear point strikes has honed Coch'ise and his sons to fight like a thrown tomahawk. They strike from hiding or drop in on top of enemy positions to suddenly overwhelm their foes and deliver a fatal blow before fading back into cover. They are particularly adept at razing towns and destroying vital targets while avading the main enemy body of troops. This lowers the morale of their foe and frustrates generals who feel as though the XXth legion slips through their fingers.

Rules:

•When Coch'ise is present on the table, all dreadnoughts and units with the legion Astartes Ghost Walkers rule gain fleet.

•Any unit joined by Coch'ise (including Coch'ise himself) gains hit and run

•Destroyer squads and Hunter Killer Squads may be taken as non compulsory troops choices

•Destroyer, Despoiler, and hunter killer squads may take a dreadclaw or anvillus drop pod as a DT

**Coch'ise may opt to take his personally modified Anvillus drop pod "Cloud Runner" for 200 points (that he and his attached squad may start in) with the following profile:

"Cloud Runner"

Transport capacity: 15 models plus Coch'ise

Armored ceramite

Ok here is attempt 2 at making this post :( Will try to be quicker this time.

• First Independent Character and Fleet are rules that he already has in his Primarch mega rule.
  • I suggest re-wording the Axe AP rule to stop chainaxes and the like from becoming AP3. Maybe something like axes have their AP worsened by 1, or can only be AP3 at best.
  • Thunderhead I think should have a range with a multiple of 5" to match existing volkites. I also think that Strikedown might be a better rule choice than concussive for a ranged weapon.
  • The Vibrohawks need to be clarified whether they are included in his statline already as there are 2 of them. I suggest either making them 2 handed and either increasing his attacks by 1 or giving them the paired rule. Or making it clear they are already included in his attacks characteristic if they have been. In a similar manner to Angron and his axes. Also rampage would be better for showing many swift attacks than rage in my opinion.
  • I think that he should have a points reduction as he is not hugely fast, killy or tough. I see him as being more around the 400-420 point mark. A small way to boost hime might be to give him a cognis signum to boost some nearby shooting.

Hectarion Mycenor, 475 points(Lord of War)

WS8 BS6 S6 T6 W6 I6 A6 LD10 SV2++/4++

Wargear: Godstooth, Hereah's Breath, Primarch armour, Hoplon shield, the Lion Stone.

Godstooth: +1S AP2

Hereah's Breath: S6 AP4, template, rending

The Lion Stone: Gives friendly units within "6" Furious Charge.

Special rules: Furious Charge, rage, Sons of Mycenae, the Mycenor, sire of the crimson lions.

Sons of Mycenae: All Crimson Lions units within 12" of Hectarion may re-roll charge distances

The Mycenor: Before the game starts, Hectarion must take a LD test at -2LD. If he passes then he gains +1I. If he fails then Hectarion must always attempt to charge any enemy unit within "12" of him.

Sire of the crimson lions: Any unit Hectarion is attached to may re roll 1s on to hit rolls for CC. a

Also, all units within 12" gain the fearless and stubborn special rule

I know double posting is bad ettiquette, but it just makes more sense to me to separate my points in this way. Really like how Hectarion's looking now, just have a few more comments.

• Attacks. It's a small thing but I don't think he should have 6 attacks base. No other primarch does without including their weapons (not even Angron or Corax).
  • I feel his weapon should have at least some special rule. Even if it is just Murderous Strike, then it would basically be a Paragon Blade.
  • Maybe give him rampage to offset the attacks reduction? Would kind of make sense to me as he gets more dangerous when cornered.
  • Giving Fearless and Stubborn seems superfluous to me as fearless overrules stubborn in all circumstances that I can think of making the second rule useless.
  • Lastly I think his shield should be slightly improved. Maybe so that it gives him a 3+ against either shooting/combat, or possibly for both. I think with his cost he could justify having that little extra survivability.