IL XVI - The Drowned

Hesh Kadesh

See, that's an issue in and of itself. When Primarchs nearly fight with lethal intent in canon, it's for much more severe reasons. We run the risk of making Morro look so dangerous and immoral that Russ and Gwal are idiots not to just kill him or at least hand him over to the Emperor, certainly not let him storm out of the system.

To answer your other question, Mikhal, I suppose it is. Granted, a description did make its way to Nicolas, and Hesh did leave notes. So, an entirely new armour could or should be explained as another piece of Morro's armoury.

Might be worth noting that Azus also sports an augmetic arm.

How did Azus lose an arm?

I recall it being just his hand unless that's been retconned, again if I recall correctly he tore it off breaking free of his restraints when he escaped captivity on Dhul'hasa.

Yeah like that, minus bashing it off with the rock, he just straight up tore it off with his strength. He was secured to a dissection table (the Dhul'hasans had captured him and were dissecting him to try and reverse-engineer his superhuman abilities) with restraints built into the corners and just tore his own hand off as he tried to break free.

Held back by the second idealist °_°

Rereading this debate again, I'm confused. If Morro really meant to kill Russ, what's to stop Russ from hunting him down later with Gwal absent? What's to stop Russ from informing the Emperor who might view this as the final straw given Morro's already on thin ice after the Dark Eldar incident?

Rereading this debate again, I'm confused. If Morro really meant to kill Russ, what's to stop Russ from hunting him down later with Gwal absent? What's to stop Russ from informing the Emperor who might view this as the final straw given Morro's already on thin ice after the Dark Eldar incident?

In the timeline could it be possible that the [REDACTED] incident happened before [REDACTED] had time to go after Morro.

And copying in Hec and others

What Demus said.

It is very similar to the thing Kurze did with Dorn, although Morro would have had a more deadly intent

Except that doesn't make sense. Konrad was placed under arrest for his assault against Dorn, only to fight his way out. And then when the Imperium tried to bring him back in, he destroyed Nostramo. Not long after, the Emperor actually gave a recall order for the entire Legion. 

The sole reason the Night Haunter and his Night Lords escape from the Emperor's Justice is because of the Heresy. 

Here, we are decades removed from the Insurrection, and the Emperor is still in command of the Great Crusade. And now you're telling me that Morro was trying harder to kill a fellow Primarch than what Konrad did. I'm sorry, but this situation looks untenable. This might also be an artifact from in the early days when the Insurrection was simply 7 years and other ideas that were simply copying canon.

What are some solutions for this scenario that doesn't leave Morro dead or in chains?

What Demus said.

It is very similar to the thing Kurze did with Dorn, although Morro would have had a more deadly intent

Except that doesn't make sense. Konrad was placed under arrest for his assault against Dorn, only to fight his way out. And then when the Imperium tried to bring him back in, he destroyed Nostramo. Not long after, the Emperor actually gave a recall order for the entire Legion. 

The sole reason the Night Haunter and his Night Lords escape from the Emperor's Justice is because of the Heresy. 

Here, we are decades removed from the Insurrection, and the Emperor is still in command of the Great Crusade. And now you're telling me that Morro was trying harder to kill a fellow Primarch than what Konrad did. I'm sorry, but this situation looks untenable. This might also be an artifact from in the early days when the Insurrection was simply 7 years and other ideas that were simply copying canon.

What are some solutions for this scenario that doesn't leave Morro dead or in chains?

In the discussion between blunt and me the poison with the intent to kill was an option, ruled out by blunt. So he attacks Russ, Gwal reacts. By the way this is lore when the insurrections was still about 30 years long.

1. However Let's play this through in 2 versions.. Russ and Morro hate each other. But because there should be no war between the Brothers the two should talk and Gwal and Alex are there as moderator. Russ and Morro play a game of [redacted] and over the course of the game argue with other. Russ has the upper hand and provokes Morro. Morro short tempered as he is attacks with his fist, the playboard etc. Russ. Gwal and Alex separate them, however as Russ is Russ he might let a last remark slip and Morro draws his Blades suddenly and slashes for Russ and would have hit him if not for Gwal who ( my prefered version) draws his tonfas and alters the strike because he cuts of the arm or his blade went accidentally through and cuts the arm off. Of course it would work with getting one of Morros blades and deflect the strike too. But it is too long. See this more as official Negotiation instead of a peaceful game between 2 brothers. The hurt Morro curses the 3 remaining primarchs and went off. Isolating himself from his brethren

Would the emperor lay chains on Morro? I doubt it. He got his fair share and Russ, hot headed as he is provoked Morro. Was Angron sanctiomed or Russ after the Night of the Wolf or after Johnsom and he foight? ( sure if there was poison on the blade it is different, but that was ruled out) Would Russ try to hunt Morro down? Most likely if there wasn't Alex around who I guess would talk sense into Russ and showed him his fault too and bad behavior too.

2. But if we play the poison game: maybe alex would have talked russ out of it? He does not know that the blade was poisoned and does not know if morro would attack. He simply saw a multitude of ossible futures and habing gwal in the same room could Influence his forsight. But he saw something and so he took his weapons with him and advised gwal to do the same.

So when all this happened, he has to conaider that Russ had an active part in the whole mess and did not stop provoking Morro and he takes into account rhat Morro lost an arm..so he could have talked Russ out of it.

What Demus said.

I assume that you meant it that way but just to clarify some things:

Kurze and his Legion went to far by using fear more and more, creating entire skinning pits, etc. Dorn confronts Curze and Curze attacks Dorn. He can free himself again and returns to Nostramo, seeing that everything he'd done was futile. Thus, he destroyed Nostramo. Because of the attack on Dorn and the destruction of Nostramo were the NL called back.

But NO ONE had any doubts when seeing the Night Lords along many other Legions on Isstvan V.

Besides, this incident is the only one we know, which attracted the Emperor's attention. Russ vs. Angron; nearly Perturabo vs. Corax...there were a couple of clashes without any interference by the Emperor.

So to deal with this problem?

How about placing Morro on a campaign. It doesn't went well and Russ was assigned to help his brothers. Being forced to accept his most hated brother's help, Morro went nuts. During the fight against the foes' leaders, Morro is alone with Leman, seizing his chance to kill him, disguising it as an ambush or something like this.

I'd rather see Morro being the manipulative, scheming guy, pulling strings in the background in order to seize verenge and amends.

Or the other way around with Morro teasing Russ until he looses control?

Edited by Kelborn

"Dad I swear I was just jerking Mo's chain and then he got all angry and stuff and G was just swinging his tonfa like practicing ya' know to like be a better warrior for your empire and Mo like just turned around and his arm fell of and I like freaked and I don't know I like ran outa there and stuff."