IL IX - The Warbringers (thread 1)

Skalpynock

Been thinking about the whole black arm for disgrace thing, and it's given me an idea for a Blackshield force. Suppose when the Secessionists break away, one Knyaz (maybe Asaev) rejects the move, seeing only the option of standing with or against the Imperium. In their rejection of Kozja's rule, his men adopt the sign of bastards and disgraced men, and set off into the void as the Shadow Hands.

Been thinking about the whole black arm for disgrace thing, and it's given me an idea for a Blackshield force. Suppose when the Secessionists break away, one Knyaz (maybe Asaev) rejects the move, seeing only the option of standing with or against the Imperium. In their rejection of Kozja's rule, his men adopt the sign of bastards and disgraced men, and set off into the void as the Shadow Hands.

Hadn't thought of it, but it's just so obvious. Had tried to rationalize loyalist Warbringers but it didn't work. Manicheans who reject the "third option", and making Asaev the hero he deserves to be.

Cool he looks ace. I wanted to give him a cloak over his left shoulder so that the army symbol is a bit hidden.

What about his legs? Especially the crotch area. Does he have a loincloth? And I must add somehow the extra plates to his belly

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

No loincloth, just a standard MkIV codpiece.

Now, Tryzub Terminators. As of now, the only established thing is that they exist. So I'll try to define them a little more.

First off, what kind of unit are they? From my observation there are two general types of unit:ones based on special rules, and others based on special wargear. I believe I've already well covered the Rules angle with the Streltsy and hypothetical Coordinator consul, so the Tryzub will be oriented around special pieces of wargear.

Now, what wargear? I'd be inclined to give them Indomitus armour, but I happen to find that pattern ugly as sin. So Cataphractii it shall be. One idea I've toyed with the last 10 minutes is making them closer to actual Streltsy: bardiche and long gun. What's a long-range terminator gun? I'd be inclined to give them a variant of the Autocannon, with a longer barrel and no second gun. Or a lascannon which might be redundant with the PA streltsy.

One idea I've toyed with the last 10 minutes is making them closer to actual Streltsy: bardiche and long gun. What's a long-range terminator gun? I'd be inclined to give them a variant of the Autocannon, with a longer barrel and no second gun. Or a lascannon which might be redundant with the PA streltsy.

Oooh, how about something akin to the Chaos Dwarves Fireglaives? aka a big two-handed gun with a kind of axe bayonet ?

I like these ideas, I say combine the two and give them a Guardian Spear-esque hybrid weapon.

A Guardian Spear is a gun on a glaive. This will be a blade on a gun. What kind of gun, though?

I meant a ranged/Melee hybrid weapon in general, not specifically exactly like a GS, it was just the first example that came to mind. What you have in mind is more akin to Maugan Ra's Maugetar, right?

A Guardian Spear is a gun on a glaive. This will be a blade on a gun. What kind of gun, though?

I meant a ranged/Melee hybrid weapon in general, not specifically exactly like a GS, it was just the first example that came to mind. What you have in mind is more akin to Maugan Ra's Maugetar, right?

Which IMO is probably one of the coolest weapons ever, so please? A Bardishe underslung on an autocannon sounds amazing!

But you can make it bling. Just lock on the chaptermaster of the minotaurs, asterion moloch.

With a bit green stuff you have great opportunities and aren't the phoenix terminators also tartaros? And they bling.

Team Tartaros yay!!! Cathr....damn...can't even spell it!!! Nay

One theme I don't play enough with the Warbringers is that they don't care for the most technologically-advanced stuff as much as they do with wargear that has a history. Cataphractii was the Terminator armour in main use when Kozja reformed the legion in 871, and since then the Tryzub keep the same suits, or at least elements of the very first ones. By comparison, Tartaros was put in use in, say, 930, giving it a century of active service by the DoR, when Tryzubs will have existed for 172 years.

• 4 weeks later...

So, read all the recent talk on Custodes, and my mind went running.

The White Guard

Created in the closing days of the Strelian Unity wars, the White Guard represents the pinnacle of Kozja Darzalas' biotechnical skill. Initially designed as a gift to his king, they would swear fealty to him on his crowning. Gene-augmented to levels unrivalled on Strela, they would only ever be surpassed with the coming of the Emperor and his Astartes.

After taking command of his Legion, Darzalas would keep the White Guard as his main honor guard formation, aa a constant reminder of his own skill, whereas the Warbringers were the product of his father's craft. Some would point at this as a sign of hypocrisy from the Primarch who advocated Astartes superiority, others as yet another example of his devious experiments.