insurrection variants.

Chief Captain Redd

Hi, some of these variants and vehicles seem pretty nice, but I'm having trouble picturing them in my head. Do you think that it would be possible to provide sketches and/or text descriptions of the vehicles that aren't variants of official vehicles ? I think this could be pretty useful to anybody reading these rules.

examples of vehicles that could use a description in my opinion :

• AO108's Trakan
  • Squig's Zbruchs and Constrictor/Boa LS
    • I can't picture how the transport bay can be a separate option, but I could see it being there as a base, and then offering to put a pair of independent weapons there as an option - I'm sort of thinking like how you see door weapons on the Hewies (?) in Vietnam war.
    • Oh, I could also see a kind of "weapon" option: constrictor cables, that immobilise any super-heavy walker or gargantuan creature if you manage to go all the way round it with an equipped LS, like Star Wars Speeders on Hoth http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png )
  • Sigismund229's Minotaur assault ship (a more precise description is needed, not just the position of the many many weapons)
  • Grifftofer's Jocasta Grav-Tank

I believe that this is the original incarnation of the Jocasta:

http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1405/69/1405691800423.jpg

And here is an image from the Collected Visions book (I believe):
http://www.warseer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184461&d=1388616100

As I remember this was also used to demonstrate the Vehicle Design Rules in White Dwarf, way back in 3rd Ed (No.252). Hope the images give you a better idea of what it is supposed to look like.

Edit: I have some vague ideas to maybe build a prototype of this from a pair of land speeders and an old tau devilfish, not quite sure how yet though.

Edited by Grifftofer

Officially I don't believe so. But I believe that when the Jocasta grav-vehicle was mentioned in Betrayal (source: Lexicanum) it has been assumed that this was the basis of the idea. Even if it isn't then it makes for a good name for a vehicle that hasn't been seen yet http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png

Edited by Grifftofer

The Zbruch Linebreaker is sorta a cross between a hellhound and a predator, and the Constrictor is a land speeder with a space in the back for either another emplaced weapon or for marines to be transported. I like the idea of constrictor cables, I'll cook something up - maybe like how the reaver jet bikes used to work. Edited by Big Bad Squig

We could just leave them as Leman Russes, and have future Imperial propaganda sweep it under the rug that Russ was just a man or general whom found an STC.

Edit: while the honor would be absolutely awesome. I'm not sure I can afford it, I'd have to go out and buy at least s dozen for my Bears haha.

Edited by Chief Captain Redd

We could just leave them as Leman Russes, and have future Imperial propaganda sweep it under the rug that Russ was just a man or general whom found an STC.

Edit: while the honor would be absolutely awesome. I'm not sure I can afford it, I'd have to go out and buy at least s dozen for my Bears haha.

Isn't that what Leman Russ was really at the beginning, Rogue Trader Era ?

Also, you can't really sweep him under the rug, he's the IInd Primarch http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/huh.png

Finally, I think Daer'dd has already got quite a few things to his name. Why don't we let the other smith primarch, or the only siege primarch, shine a bit for once ? (or as you say, have anybody else discover it... Think of an Ol' Person battle tank ? indestructible http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png )

Humm, I have to admit I'm not fond of "Triton", that would more likely evoke a lighter tank, and an amphibious one (but that could just be me being weird). It could probably be an amphibious version of the Salamander though ?

If you don't want it to be Niklaas, could it be the Alexandros ?

Well, in general terms, its been noted in the FW books that anything originating from Earth was known as the 'Sol Militaris' Pattern (ie RT Era Heavy Weapons by FW). 

So as a Name it could be used. Ie Sol Militaris Main Battle Tank.

• 4 weeks later...

Triarios assault spear 165pts

fast attack for legion lists and mechanicum tahgmata

Bs3 F14 S12 R12 HP3

Unit type:

Vehicle

Wargear:

Three twin linked mauler cannons

flare shield

auxillary drive

machine spirit

transport capacity: 12 models, assault ramps on each side and on on the front

So its basically a souped up Triarios, but with less transport capacity and more guns.

Fast attack makes it more limited to take, so toning down its power a bit. Very strong on the front, but vulnerable on the sides.

• 2 weeks later...

These are two vehicles I started dreaming up awhile ago (obviously just rules for the grav rhino), they're meant to be used by most legions. I wanted to see what everyone thought. Also I have no idea what actually name these.

Grav Attack Assault Rhino: Built in the forges of Terra herself these antigravity transports saw vast use by the Astartes during the end days of the Unification Wars and the start of the Great Crusades, as the legions quickly grew in size the demand for Grav Rhinos out weighed the supply leading to far less general use amongst the legions.

Points 125

BS:4 F:11 S:11 R:10 HP:3

Unit Type: Vehicle(Tank, Skimmer, Fast, Transport)

Wargear: Two Combi-Bolters, Havoc Launcher. Frag Assault Launchers, Spotlight, Smoke Launchers.

Special Rules:Assault Vehicle, Power of the Machine Spirit.

Transport Capacity: Ten Models

Fire Points: Top hatch

Access Points: One on each side of the hull, rear, and bottom.

Options: May exchange it's Combi-Bolters for two Combi-Weapons for +15 points, two twins linked Volkite Chargers for +15 points, or two twin linked plasma guns for +25 points. May take up to two Hunter Killer missiles for +10 points each, may take Armoured Ceramite for +25 points.

Grizzly All Terrain Attack Vehicle:

Built for terrain unsuited for typical vehicles, the Grizzly was first developed by Primarch Daer'dd Niimkiikaa shortly after being reunited with his legion. It's development was born from necessity as the Iron Bears often found themselves fighting in dense forest and swamp land. It's designs were quickly given to most legions along with several dozen Daer'dd had built for each legion.

Points 215 points

WS:4 BS:4 STR: 6 F:13 S:12 R:11 HP:3 I:4 A:2

Unit Type: Vehicle(Walker)

Wargear: two hull mounted Plasma Blasters, Turret Mounted Kheres Assault Cannon system, Iron Jaw, Spotlight, Smoke Launchers.

Special Rules:Power of the Machine Spirit, Enhanced Ferromagnetic Rites, Move Through Cover.

Transport Capacity: None

Fire Points: None

Access Points: None

Options: May exchange turret mounted Kheres Assault Cannon System for Accelerator Autocannon System for +25 points, may exchange it's two plasma Blasters for two twin linked Volkite Chargers for free. It may also take a Havoc Launcher for +10 points and up to two Hunter Killer missiles for +10 points each.

Iron Jaw: a heavily toothed Demi-dozer blade with several chain blades mounted underneath. The Iron Jaw is meant to clear paths allowing other vehicles to move through. In addition to giving the Grizzly the "Move Through Cover" special rule it also has the following profile.

Range: * STR: x2 AP:2 TYPE: melee, wrecker.

Edited by Chief Captain Redd