insurrection variants.

Chief Captain Redd

Flying Rhinos? I am a Berserker and find this offensive.

On a related note, I have a couple of ideas to chip in with when I get home.

I think they actually exist in the canon, but only for the Custodes. Who knows, ADB might write about them in Master of Mankind ?

Perforator-class Battle Tank

F:13 S:12 R:11

Vehicle, tank

Wargear

Perforator grav-harpoon cannon

Heavy bolter

Extra armour

Stabilisation drive

Options:

- Armoured ceramite

- Smoke launchers

- Searchlight

- Extra heavy bolter

Harpoon cannon

RNG: 24"

S: 7

AP: 4

Heavy salvo 4/6*, rending, grav-anchor

* See stabilisation drive

Grav-anchor

If a monstrous creature/unit of monstrous creatures suffers one or more unsaved wounds from this weapon, friendly models firing at the unit count weapons as twin-linked until the end of the turn.

Stabilisation drive

If the vehicle remains stationary, allows heavy salvo weapons to fire their maximum number of shots. Range is unaffected by moving with the heavy salvo rules.

Rough draft. It's a non-fast Sicaran with SPIIIIKES.

Flying Rhinos? I am a Berserker and find this offensive.

On a related note, I have a couple of ideas to chip in with when I get home.

I think they actually exist in the canon, but only for the Custodes. Who knows, ADB might write about them in Master of Mankind ?

Yep. I always made the assumption that thunder warriors and early legions would have had limited access to them. I mean Thunderhawks, Stormbirds, Land Speeders, Jetbikes, etcetera had/have grav tech why weren't there more grav-rhinos?

Vehicles are Relentless so they inherently ignore Salvo, don't they?

Otherwise its an interesting concept. 

That's why I added "heavy" to salvo. That and I was typing on my phone so I was doing everything in as few words as possible.

Vehicles are Relentless so they inherently ignore Salvo, don't they?

Otherwise its an interesting concept. 

That's why I added "heavy" to salvo. That and I was typing on my phone so I was doing everything in as few words as possible.

You could instead just give it the Heavy Conversion Beamers "Firing Calibration"?

Also didnt catch Heavy :P

Hmm, maybe. I'd have to change it up a bit though, I still want it firing the 4 shots on the move after all.

If anyone was wondering about the design idea - the idea was to keep massive enemies at bay during campaigns to retake alien worlds. The grav-anchor works by drawing shots that go wild towards the target. I forgot to add "gargantuan" to the list of stuff it'd affect, though.

Hmm I think your method of it causing other units shooting at the same target to gain Twin-Linked is the easiest method of representing the Grav-Vortex drawing things in. However, you could limit it to non-energy based weapons too.

A Lascannon beam isn't really going to be diverted by Gravity in the same way a Physical bullet will; neither will melta or Volkite.

Plasma is interesting in that it technically has mass and is encased in a magnetic field so could be diverted. Would also have to limit it a bit since if it applies to all shooting, a Warlord with Macro Gattling Cannons would essentially gain Twin-Linked from shooting its Giant Doom Guns at the same target this comparatively puny tank shot at.

I'll try and give it more thought.

Oh, and you could give the gun two profiles:

Moving: 4 Shots half range

Stationary: 6? Shots full range - firing calibration?

Kinda like the Typhon but without Super-Heavy benefits.

Edited by Slipstreams

Hmm, maybe. I'd have to change it up a bit though, I still want it firing the 4 shots on the move after all.

If anyone was wondering about the design idea - the idea was to keep massive enemies at bay during campaigns to retake alien worlds. The grav-anchor works by drawing shots that go wild towards the target. I forgot to add "gargantuan" to the list of stuff it'd affect, though.

I would have guessed that it just pinned the creature to the floor, meaning that it could move around and make tracing it harder.  Lovely idea, still.

Idea:

Grav-Anchor Array (Name TBD by you Raktra):

Firemodes:

Sustained Fire: S7 Ap4, Heavy 4, Concussive, Strikedown or Pinning?

Concentrated Burst: S9 Ap3, Heavy 1, Large Blast, Firing Calibration, Graviton Well*

*Models that suffer an unsaved wound or lose a hullpoint to a weapon with this special rule are unable to move until their next movement phase. Additionally any Weapons fired by Non-Gargantuan or Non-Super-heavy Models at a model under the effect of this rule that is not Energy Based (Laser, Volkite, Melta, Fusion, Gauss), barring Plasma, gain the Twin-Linked Special rule if they do not already have it.

I really like idea of this weapon!

though as a former physics major I have to point out all energy weapons would be effected by the gravity well. Whether it's the photons of a las weapon, the rogue electrons or ions of a Gauss weapon, or the hyper entropic particles of fusion and melta weapons. If the gravity is strong enough to effect star plasma or higher mass solid state munitions; it should effect all weapons.

So I think that stipulation should be dropped.

I really like idea of this weapon!

though as a former physics major I have to point out all energy weapons would be effected by the gravity well. Whether it's the photons of a las weapon, the rogue electrons or ions of a Gauss weapon, or the hyper entropic particles of fusion and melta weapons. If the gravity is strong enough to effect star plasma or higher mass solid state munitions; it should effect all weapons.

So I think that stipulation should be dropped.

But, how strong would a localized gravity well have to be to divert a Lascannon/Volkite/Melta/Fusion Beam? For simplicities sake, yeah we could drop it.

I understand the concept, but to prevent special rules bloat (i myself struggle with this), would it not be easier to just stick with it? Perhaps auto pinning on a failed majority strength test, even those normally immune.

It seems kind of powerful for a weapon. After all, misfortune is a psychic power which nasically does a similar thing amd that grants Rending. What about 'on a 6 to wound on on a penetration roll, unit counts as being affected by Misfortune power'?