Skitarii Vanguard & Ranger- (Conversion) idea and WiP

MithrilForge

heya, i have heaps of Vanguard's arms/weapons and helms left over after making a Full squad of rangers msn-wink.gif

so im going to make a new squad of VanGuard Neophytes i.e Vanguards in training.. they will have the helms and guns of vanguard but the torso and legs from MaxMini.eu (see below)

gallery_9146_6928_18356.jpggallery_9146_6928_16411.jpg

now they will be painted to match my vanguard colour scheme but will be different enough on the table to help with squad identification

i see them as being like templar neophytes/cadian whiteshields etc, they have to earn their way to getting their Metal legs cool.png

pics later on today of the test model...

++ Edit- Pic Added ++

med_gallery_9146_6928_276474.jpg

cheers Mithril

thanx for the feedback rash msn-wink.gif , but in the flesh (Pun intendedhappy.png .. an Ad-Mech joke tongue.png.)

he doesn't really stand out at all mellow.png and blends together without detail, I really wanted the metal to look great but it doesn't...well to me it doesn't now!

im pretty sure im sticking with the red now as in real life the red pops out !

med_gallery_9146_6928_289305.jpg med_gallery_9146_6928_532163.jpgmed_gallery_9146_6928_659047.jpg

cheers, Mithril

p.s @rashbold- done any test pieces yet?...

thanx for the feedback rash msn-wink.gif , but in the flesh (Pun intendedhappy.png .. an Ad-Mech joke tongue.png.)

R: Yes, Mechanicus comedy can be touch and go. Just ring the bell of activation first. See what I did there? <rimshot-kick-crash>

he doesn't really stand out at all mellow.png and blends together without detail, I really wanted the metal to look great but it doesn't...well to me it doesn't now!

R: I like the bare metal, but I can see where en masse it could look a bit soulless necronic.

im pretty sure im sticking with the red now as in real life the red pops out !

R: Nothing says Mars like red martian steel.

med_gallery_9146_6928_289305.jpg med_gallery_9146_6928_532163.jpg

cheers, Mithril

p.s @rashbold- done any test pieces yet?...

Only building, but no paint yet.

med_gallery_8429_11263_145315.jpg

I underestimated the specific bits per model for these guys. Assembly line plans fell apart at first. I signed up for Kurama's "A Tale of 18 Hobbyists" thread in WIP, so there will be some paint soon. I narrowed my colour scheme. They won't 'pop' but I hope to capture a sufficiently worn and decrepit look - as if they've been on the field of battle all their lives.

Ciao,

R.

well, finished the Vanguard Initiate,he just needs to be stuck on a base and ard' coated.

overall im pleased with how quick/easy the conversion/fit was so i'm def going to go ahead and buy 30-40 sets of legs and torso's...maxmini will be happy to hear from me laugh.png

med_gallery_9146_6928_455671.jpg

Cheers,Mithril

Archived