Liber Daemonicum: Daemons of Chaos by Darth Bob

Darth Bob

Dude, this is awesome. Your Lord of Change looks fantastic, a very inspired and original take. I love it. Your Tzeentchian war birds are great also. I'm wanting to run some as spawn ... 

I'll be following this with curiosity and can't wait to see paint on your models!

That pride demon looks like he's going to be pretty damn good. He'll need a name though- I suggest Luu'Ciforr or something similar (something derived from Lucifer, as he is the demon prince of pride, at least in some interpretations).

Oh boy, I'm really looking forward to the Council of Sin. May I offer a few suggestions? (assuming you haven't already planned them all out, in which case I apologize in advance!)

Sloth/Belphegor: Being the herald of Sloth, it makes sense that he/she would be unusually slow for a Daemon of Slaanesh. I'd suggest a slightly overweight female daemon riding on the back of a colossal snail monster (on a pile of gribbly cushions of course).

Gluttony/Beelzebub: A morbidly obese demon (gender doesn't really matter) with the lower half of a giant maggot- like a sort of "maggot-naga" if you will.

Lust/Asmodeus: An androgynous figure of some sort (perhaps even literally half male and half female, split vertically down the middle) with its modesty only preserved by clothing seemingly made of interwoven tentacles.

Wrath/Satan: This could be difficult to make suitably wrathful without just being Khornate. I'd actually suggest something a little more abstract and maybe make the Herald of Wrath be a huge armoured hand with a screaming face (or maybe just a mouth) in its palm.

Greed/Mammon: Some kind of heavily armoured ornate figure with lots of chains incorporated into the design. I'd recommend getting cheap jewellery to take apart and use for raw materials.

Envy/Leviathan: Hmm. I'm not sure. I'd suggest a fairly small figure mounted on top of a fairly large steed of some kind.

The Council of Sin is an ace idea, have you looked at the 6 domains of Slaanesh? as 6 is the sacred number of Slaanesh and it fits with the realm of chaos Fluff. Using Dante inspiration for the 6 would work just as well.

Circle of Avidity - greed for wealth, so lost of bling, maybe even a daemon made of Gold and Gemstones, a Golumn model may be a good start for this one.

Circle of Gluttony - http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Greasus-Goldtooth May well be a good start, and it gives you some bling for the Greed daemon.

Circle of Carnality - there's already plenty of this about so shouldn't be to hard.

circle of Vainglory - Guy your working on is perfect then for this and with some actual tiny mirrors to show the victim their glorious reflection.

Circle of Paramountcy - a great leader, with many fawning servants, now if you want to represent the temptation you could represent the servants and voices so ahve many mouths on the daemons armour and equipment that will call and worship the victim. 

Can't find the name of the last one but it represents Bliss and Sloth, but a serine beautiful figure in plane robes and an innocence about them. 

Could be interesting to try and have the models look dual sided, from the front its all perfect and lovely, then from behind the hidden daemonic traits show through. Or make the bases show the victims of the daemons, each corps just behind the figure killed in a way appropriate to the circle.    

Circle of Avidity - Statue turned to gold.

Circle of Gluttony - Monty Python - Mr. Creosote - exploded corpse

Circle of Carnality - Chopped up while naked

Circle of Paramountcy - Stabbed in the back with many knives 

circle of Vainglory - Kneeling staring into a mirror. 

Last one - sleeping peaceful partially turning to dust.

Warrhammer wikki has some great insperation both on the Slaanesh page towards the bottom.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Slaanesh

and the Realms of chaos page with the knights tail.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Realm_of_Chaos

No matter if you take some of my ideas or go full on Dante 7 circles. A see a lot of promise and am looking forward to more.

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent stuff!

I love the idea of seven Slaanesh heralds based on the seven sins.

Might have to steal that! biggrin.png

Very much looking forward to seeing more.

Cheers, man! Steal away! As I mentioned in the first post, I want to inspire people!

Dude, this is awesome. Your Lord of Change looks fantastic, a very inspired and original take. I love it. Your Tzeentchian war birds are great also. I'm wanting to run some as spawn ...

I'll be following this with curiosity and can't wait to see paint on your models!

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah, the Warploque Kiwis are great. Excellent cast and very fast delivery times. As for paint, I'm notoriously slow at it, but I'm hoping to get some paint on them in the near future, once work stops being so hectic.

Nice, I like the idea of the Council of Sin. The shower seems to favour you with some good insight tongue.png

It does indeed! I think there might be a small Warp rift in the drain; it would explain all the eerie voices I hear when I'm scrubbing behind my ears. tongue.png

That pride demon looks like he's going to be pretty damn good. He'll need a name though- I suggest Luu'Ciforr or something similar (something derived from Lucifer, as he is the demon prince of pride, at least in some interpretations).

Oh boy, I'm really looking forward to the Council of Sin. May I offer a few suggestions? (assuming you haven't already planned them all out, in which case I apologize in advance!)

Sloth/Belphegor: Being the herald of Sloth, it makes sense that he/she would be unusually slow for a Daemon of Slaanesh. I'd suggest a slightly overweight female daemon riding on the back of a colossal snail monster (on a pile of gribbly cushions of course).

Gluttony/Beelzebub: A morbidly obese demon (gender doesn't really matter) with the lower half of a giant maggot- like a sort of "maggot-naga" if you will.

Lust/Asmodeus: An androgynous figure of some sort (perhaps even literally half male and half female, split vertically down the middle) with its modesty only preserved by clothing seemingly made of interwoven tentacles.

Wrath/Satan: This could be difficult to make suitably wrathful without just being Khornate. I'd actually suggest something a little more abstract and maybe make the Herald of Wrath be a huge armoured hand with a screaming face (or maybe just a mouth) in its palm.

Greed/Mammon: Some kind of heavily armoured ornate figure with lots of chains incorporated into the design. I'd recommend getting cheap jewellery to take apart and use for raw materials.

Envy/Leviathan: Hmm. I'm not sure. I'd suggest a fairly small figure mounted on top of a fairly large steed of some kind.

Some good ideas here. I want to stay away from direct parallels to Christian mythology like the Lucifer name, but the themes are definitely good. I like the idea of a split androgynous model for Lust. Might try that out!

The Council of Sin is an ace idea, have you looked at the 6 domains of Slaanesh? as 6 is the sacred number of Slaanesh and it fits with the realm of chaos Fluff. Using Dante inspiration for the 6 would work just as well.

Circle of Avidity - greed for wealth, so lost of bling, maybe even a daemon made of Gold and Gemstones, a Golumn model may be a good start for this one.

Circle of Gluttony - http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Greasus-Goldtooth May well be a good start, and it gives you some bling for the Greed daemon.

Circle of Carnality - there's already plenty of this about so shouldn't be to hard.

circle of Vainglory - Guy your working on is perfect then for this and with some actual tiny mirrors to show the victim their glorious reflection.

Circle of Paramountcy - a great leader, with many fawning servants, now if you want to represent the temptation you could represent the servants and voices so ahve many mouths on the daemons armour and equipment that will call and worship the victim.

Can't find the name of the last one but it represents Bliss and Sloth, but a serine beautiful figure in plane robes and an innocence about them.

Could be interesting to try and have the models look dual sided, from the front its all perfect and lovely, then from behind the hidden daemonic traits show through. Or make the bases show the victims of the daemons, each corps just behind the figure killed in a way appropriate to the circle.

Circle of Avidity - Statue turned to gold.

Circle of Gluttony - Monty Python - Mr. Creosote - exploded corpse

Circle of Carnality - Chopped up while naked

Circle of Paramountcy - Stabbed in the back with many knives

circle of Vainglory - Kneeling staring into a mirror.

Last one - sleeping peaceful partially turning to dust.

Warrhammer wikki has some great insperation both on the Slaanesh page towards the bottom.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Slaanesh

and the Realms of chaos page with the knights tail.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Realm_of_Chaos

No matter if you take some of my ideas or go full on Dante 7 circles. A see a lot of promise and am looking forward to more.

A very nice idea, and I might just do it. My only problem is that it seems to lack a parallel for Wrath, which I had a pretty neat idea for, but for the sake of adhering to the fluff I might fudge it and make him a Khorne Daemon instead. I know a good deal about the fluff behind Chaos, but I'm trying to read some more stuff, like novels, the Liber Chaos books, and the Black Crusade supplements. While I want my own principles and ideas to take precedence, I do want to make sure that the official fluff has some bearing on its development, so I want to know everything there is to know. I've got most of the information at my fingertips, but I really need to find the time to sit down and read them.

+++

Haven't gotten a lot done this past month. Work has been very busy and I've been doing a lot of tinkering with my Alpha Legion stuff as opposed to my Daemons. I did, however, get a little sculpting done on one of the Jabberwocks. Decided to swap out one of his legs for some tentacles. I think the effect is pretty cool!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx344/Funnyman2193/Jabber1_6_zpstsdguvkn.jpg

I also managed to get a hold of a very hard-to-come-by Kingdom Death model that I'd been scrounging around looking for for months; the Nightmare Ram! It's a very creepy, surreal model that exudes a creepy sexual horror that just screams Slaanesh. I originally thought about making it a Fiend of Slaanesh, but that seemed rather anticlimactic for such a lovely model. So instead, I'm going to make it a Keeper of Secrets, given its size and the rarity of the model. I'm already thinking up some fluff for it, and the current idea is that its three heads (the goat, the woman's face, and the baby head) are each separate personalities that tempt mortals with the promises of different pleasures and excesses. I'm thinking about calling it/them the Magi, after the three wisemen from the Biblical tale of Jesus. The idea is that they are false prophets who prophesier the wondrous futures of mortal beings; tempting them down the path of the damned where their souls belong forever to Slaanesh. I think this will play into the Judeo-Christian horror I'm going for with my Slaaneshi models. Let me know what you guys think!

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx344/Funnyman2193/3Wise_1_zpsytnyfc4d.jpg

Web-Kingdom-Death-Nightmare-Ram-11_1024x

That's all for today, friends! May Slaanesh fulfill your every desire with evanescent bliss!

glad to have helped.

For me Khorn has Wrath all wrapped up, while a sin it's not so much a vice so Not so Slaanesh, but then it's your model and project it'll look ace and I'm not one to let strict adherence to an ever changing fluff get in the way, ​with Tzeentch constantly interfering it's could simply be a Keeper that was lead astray and the Prince simply keeps it round for entertainment purposes and as a lesson and example to his other minions.

great ideas on the kingdom death model. creepy as hell but great, I can sympathies with work ours getting on the way so keep it up when you can and eagerly awaiting more.

Archived