The Purge

Prot

This was a great one and the audio book didn't disappoint either. BL seems to know when I'm ready to reread a novella and release audio. Or, my body has synced with the 18 month audio/wide release of the limited Ed. Novellas;-) I urge everyone try it. Cover art is badass as well. Some brutal phosphex scene.

Yeah I agree an awesome book:

1. Memorable characters: On both sides of the conflict from that snarky WB sniper to Sor. I like how the UM characters are also developed with the "dishonoured" team of UM on their secret mission. I also love how two of the UM team members revel themselves.

2. Story line: Very well done and the transitions from the present conflict to Sor's flashbacks with his time on Terra is seamless. I really like how it brings up what maybe are easter eggs with Haley's comet and that flask time bomb of sorts...a fate worse than death for that poor chap.

3. The main character: I really like Sor as a character. He actually seems more like a UM or IF as alluded to and isn't the typical religious zealot. I

My only gripe was involving the custodes scene back at Terra. Not sure why, but that scene stuck out like a sore thumb...really!?!? Anyways one of my favorite novellas with great cover art and book cover. 

It's made me love the WB even more but it's made me hate the smurfs more too (the utter cowards) the dark Apostle made me laugh I swear Mr Reynolds must of been watching star wars when he wrote the last 3 chapters lol

It's funny how people colour this stuff up depending on what they play.

I play both Ultra's and Chaos and found both legions very well represented. I didn't see any acts of cowardice.  Unless you are talking about infiltrating a brother's planet under the guise of brotherhood, and then shooting him in the back.... because -that- defines cowardice.

The conflict of the main Word Bearer character was excellent, and well written. I'm sure we'll see him on Terra some day. 

Archived