Ultrameet 2016

Dosjetka

Hello fellow Sons of Guilliman,

There used to be a tradition around these parts for the Ultramarine players of England (and abroad) to meet up on a yearly basis (usually over the summer) for games, banter and an all-round good time. Sadly, the organiser of this event (@greatcrusade08) seems to have disappeared, which explains why there was no 2015 edition. However, I'm pretty certain that if we get our minds together, we could organise a 2016 edition and get the tradition rolling again.

What say you?

Whilst the Ultrameet was indeed for players of the XIII Legion and Chapters to meet and play, it wasn't limited to Sons of Guilliman :)

It would be good to restart this tradition again though :)

Whilst the Ultrameet was indeed for players of the XIII Legion and Chapters to meet and play, it wasn't limited to Sons of Guilliman smile.png

Hence why a Son of Dorn is trying to get the event going again ;) If we have a core of Ultramarine players, it'll truly be an Ultrameet, whether or not other people from other factions join :)

i admit ive been absent from 40k for some time, my local village club intends to start a small league or something in the new year though.

ive got a couple new ideas im working on, having moved away from scouts.

i have a new baby myself, but am happy to attend a meet assuming the date is good

I'll be able to bring my Sisters army and my Rainbows (assuming I don't get another project finished by then...*looks at Biel Tan, Chaos, BA succesor and Nid models laugh.png ), if you want a game Dos happy.png gc08 - good to hear from you again happy.png

Yes! Great to see you around, GC08 :tu: Hopefully you'll be able to make it. I'm guessing the best time of the year for you folks is beginning of the summer (ie. July)?

Aquilanus: I'd really enjoy that :) And by then, I'd have something to play against you with!

I'm guessing the best time of the year for you folks is beginning of the summer (ie. July)?

If it is in July, I'd prefer the first third or fifth weekend of that month (easier for me to go on a weekend I have off) smile.png

Aquilanus: I'd really enjoy that smile.png And by then, I'd have something to play against you with!

Are you sure? msn-wink.giflaugh.png

Just you mock me, Aqui. It'll make my triumphant arrival with a fully-painted army all the more satisfying ;)

For now, I'm very flexible with dates, so I don't really mind when it'll be. Then again, this is very early planning, so we'll see how things turn out as the months roll by.

Just you mock me, Aqui. It'll make my triumphant arrival with a fully-painted army all the more satisfying msn-wink.gif

Probably just as well that you're not doing Sisters too. Can you imagine trying to get a Sisters army through Customs when the metal detectors go off?! laugh.png

For now, I'm very flexible with dates, so I don't really mind when it'll be. Then again, this is very early planning, so we'll see how things turn out as the months roll by.

I'm fairly flexible as well. If the general consensus is for a weekend that I'm not rota'd off for, if I'm given enough notice I should be able to get that weekend off booked as holiday:)

I'm assuming would be Warhammer World again?

I'd definitely be up for this if it's next year and we get a bit of advanced warning.

I have lots and lots of Ultras plust about 2000pts of Macragge PDF so could bring a lot of blue things. :)

Would be really nice if we could loads of 'Nid or Tau players to come to do a themed campaign. :)

Yeah, I would suggest WHW again, if that suits everyone.

I'm thinking of coming with a Genesis Chapter detachment and (if I can manage) an Ork army. Though it all depends on how much I can carry, etc.

Date-wise, does July sound good to you all? Holidays and such are different in the UK compared to where I live, so I can't say I'm too knowledgeable about what would be a good time for you all.

Guys, I'm totally game.

Ahem... I mean "Brothers"

Why wait? Let's do it on the 29th or 30th of this month!

Warhammer World is a great place to meet up, I'm guessing it's too late to book tables for a game?

July would be good for me, but it seems so far away...

Toxichobbit: Same here, for the painting deadline. I'm dreadful with my slowness.

BackSplash: Cool! And a good idea ;)

Ishagu: It is a while off, but it gives us time to discuss plans and make sure that as many people as possible can come along. Also, end of this month is rather unrealistic, especially for me, what with plane tickets and accomodation to organise ;)

Archived