Suggestions for November BB tournament

Leonaides

So - i'm off to Notts in  a few weeks for the BB tournament there. Its teams of 2, 800pts per person (total 1600pt per side) with a few special rules - particularly that 1 character model spontaneously gains 2 psy levels (up to level 3 total) - this can be a non psyker model. Missions are fought as normal but overall victory for good or evil across the weekend is defined by which side casts the most powers as far as I can see.

I'm pairing with a SW player who's thinking of an unbound list - Champions of Fenris detachment with a Wolfguard terminator squad and a Wolfguard squad in a drop pod (sorry - don't know the name) that have to DS, roll from T2 onwards, and come in on a single roll, alongside a rune priest and a Culexus assassin (for psy shenanigans given the weekend special rules will guarantee a fair amount of psychic powers here and there).

I'm currently thinking of a level 1 (boosted to level 3) Librarian Dreadnought in a pod, Meph, Furioso with frag cannon in a pod, 2 scout squads (5 man, no extras), a fast attack drop pod and a Culexus assassin (double trouble :-) ). Leaves me 10 points which i'm thinking of investing in a homing beacon (either on a pod or on one of the scout sergeants - suggestions which way to go would be appreciated).

That being the case, I'm not going to be able to get much in the way of TT practice with this list so i'm asking for opinions/suggestions where I could alter it?

Meph and the Librarian Dreadnought can at least handle themselves if I come up against someone who can shut down my powers (oh - like a certain assassin for example!) and the spare drop-pod can either deliver the assassin onto a seer council in tandem with an angry frag-cannon furioso or generally allow the usual pod shenanigans. Scouts fulfil the obligatory troops requirement for a Baal strike force. That's my thinking anyway - so the big question:

What stupidly obvious problem have I overlooked...????

(throws the floor open)

Archived