Admech Tactics and Force ideas for a League.

Targetlock

hi all

I need some advice and good ideas for a competitive admech list for a 1000pt league i will soon be taking part in smile.png against a variety of mainly marine opponents (dark angels, space wolves, dark eldar, grey knights, and a daemon army consisting of belakor, psyker daemon prince and a bloodthirster)

I have a couple otions as i have the mechanicum book as well and i have been allowed to use it smile.png so got a couple of ideas:

1. combined cult/skit force of vanguard, rangers with a dominus and two units of kataphrons (grav cannons would make a mess of all that power armour)

2. mechanicum force using the legio cybernetica list with a dominus, castellax units, a thanatar and cheap tech-thralls to sit on objectives smile.png

so what about something like this?

Cult Mechanicus Congregation

> Dominus, Phosphor Serpenta, Raiment of the Technomartyr: 140

> Kataphron Destroyers, 1 extra member: 220

> Kataphron Destroyers, 1 extra member: 220

Skitarri Maniple

> Vanguard, Full Squad, Omnispex, Plasma Caliver: 145

> Rangers, Full Squad, Omnispex, Arc Rifle: 150

> Vanguard, Full Squad, Arc Rifle: 125

Total: 1000

I'd leave off the Arc rifle on the Vanguard and put it on the rangers as a second one. Due to the sniper nature of thier guns they have a chance to hurt AV and otherwise you're wasting the Vanguard shots which hurt everything but vehicles.

Otherwise it's quite nice :)

yeah good idea thanks the second arc rifle I mainly because i didn't quite have enough points for a plasma caliver for the squad which i feel is a good match for vanguard as it has the same range.

My 1K League list is:

30 Vanguards - one group with Arc

3 Dragoons w/Tasers

5 Rusts

3 Onagers - two w/Neutron, one w/Eradicator

I like this those my personal love of dragoons would turn the Rust into dragoons too ^.^ lmao.

As for the OP:

as for who should take the arc rifles, and who should get them. Rangers would only aid in taking out armor 10. Though the move through cover might be nice.

Also i only let specs for plasma units and some times for rangers as most of the time your enemy will get armor saves anyway. Lastly, with the destroyers do you need the arc rifles??? You could just take vanilla vanguard for more rad shots. If you dropped all the vanguard and ranger options, and made those rangers vanguards. You could fit in an extra squad. ^.^

My 1K League list is:

30 Vanguards - one group with Arc

3 Dragoons w/Tasers

5 Rusts

3 Onagers - two w/Neutron, one w/Eradicator

I like this those my pursonal love of dragoons would turn the Rust into dragoons too ^.^ lmao.

As for the OP:

as for who should take the arc rifles, and who should get them. Rangers would only aid in taking out armor 10. Though the move through cover might be nice.

Also i only let specs for plasma units and some times for rangers as most of the time your enemy will get armor saves anyway. Lastly, with the destroyers do you need the arc rifles??? You could just take vanilla vanguard for more rad shots. If you dropped all the vanguard and ranger options, and made those rangers vanguards. You could fit in an extra squad. ^.^

fair point as I'm going with destroyers for the grav cannons smile.png as for the rangers and vanguards, models wise I have two units of vanguard one of rangers, so trying to go for WYSIWYG but yeah maybe i can drop the options so more models on the field smile.png i will keep the omnispexes to reduce my opponents cover saves, i dont have ignores cover but i can reduce the saves, handy against jinking.

fair point as I'm going with destroyers for the grav cannons :)  as for the rangers and vanguards, models wise I have two units of vanguard one of rangers, so trying to go for WYSIWYG but yeah maybe i can drop the options so more models on the field :) i will keep the omnispexes to reduce my opponents cover saves, i dont have ignores cover but i can reduce the saves, handy against jinking.

That's all quite true. Depending on how tough your meta is you might have to deal with lots of wolves with DA rerolling jinks all day.

I'm always upgrade picky as a plasma caliver is the same as 3 guys(point cost) and an extra rad rifle(replaced by the plasma) worth of stuff, but omnispexs are really good when you get to use them.

opponents I know I'm facing in the league:

> Tau featuring two Riptides, a load of drones and kroot

> Dark eldar force, full of cover saves jinks and a flyer (player is on a large winning streak with this force, thanks to many cover saves, flyer and talos spam)

> Daemon force consisting of just Be'lakor, a psychic daemon prince and a bloodthirster.

> Dark Angels, mainly normal dark angels no raven wing or deathwing from what I remember. 

> Grey Knights (played them several times before, wiped them off the board twice)

> Space wolves?

I know there are 9 players in the league including myself, why I believe the grav cannons will be useful against all that heavy armour. flyers and jinking are a pain to face whatever army I use (Chaos, khorne daemonkin, Space wolves, Orks, traitor guard)

Of the top of my head your numbers look a bit of on the Skittarii, like you are spending a few too many points.

Also if you drop the two arc rifles you can get a second plasma clavier. Your destroyers with grav cannons will be a better vehicle killer at range then two arc rifles in two squads, and they have more range.

Of the top of my head your numbers look a bit of on the Skittarii, like you are spending a few too many points.

Also if you drop the two arc rifles you can get a second plasma clavier. Your destroyers with grav cannons will be a better vehicle killer at range then two arc rifles in two squads, and they have more range.

an extra caliver would make the spex really good.

Why not just use the Cohort Cybernetica formation and crank it up to 1000? You will slice Marines in half. Give the BS2 Snapshot relic to some guy, so that you can counter flying and invisible stuff.

How many bots do you get for 1k in that?

I did consider it to be honest as i like that formation and do like Kastellans and do have 4 converted bots but dont like that many points in one unit, dont have  the book with me, but it was the 600pt mark.

Why not just use the Cohort Cybernetica formation and crank it up to 1000? You will slice Marines in half. Give the BS2 Snapshot relic to some guy, so that you can counter flying and invisible stuff.

What a great idea. You'll roll face. You could squeeze in a few min squads of vanguard and maybe a crawler or ironstrider to help claim objectives.

I'd leave off the Arc rifle on the Vanguard and put it on the rangers as a second one. Due to the sniper nature of thier guns they have a chance to hurt AV and otherwise you're wasting the Vanguard shots which hurt everything but vehicles.

Otherwise it's quite nice smile.png

How are sniper rifles hurting AV, unless you're talking about shooting at AV10 vehicles? That said, it's a good idea to keep the special weapons consolidated so as to not lose firepower. I like arc rifles on rangers, they are a bit more mobile with Move through Cover.

I'd pop in a flamer on mister fist, but that's me.

A fun army for sure tongue.png

Terrible idea. A single flamer, even with torrent, isn't a good fit for a unit with a bunch of S6 AP3 guns.

I don't care for the flamer myself. I've used it a few times recently, and the limited range and lack of AP makes it under preform. Also lumigen is great for charging so you definitely want proc that. It's the only thing that lets your boys move quickly across the field.

Also the galv guns are not snipers they are precision shots.

Dominus with IWND Relic

3 Datasmiths, one with Cognis Relic

4 bots with dual Phosphor

1 bot with Phosphor and fists

980pts

May as well tac on 4 conversion fields to make 1k

nice list, though i only have 4 bots. maybe just the unit of 4 and a couple of vanguard squads. certainly giving me options to consider so thanks guys :)

Dominus with IWND Relic

3 Datasmiths, one with Cognis Relic

4 bots with dual Phosphor

1 bot with Phosphor and fists

980pts

May as well tac on 4 conversion fields to make 1k

nice list, though i only have 4 bots. maybe just the unit of 4 and a couple of vanguard squads. certainly giving me options to consider so thanks guys :)

If you only have the four boys I would definitely suggest adding an onager or ironstrider. That way you've got a unit that can get around. Just started messing with the E. ray dunecrawlrr, and I've gotta say I think it does alot for its points.

Archived