Advent Calendar Guesses (BA)

Jolemai

For those who don't know what I'm on about, the past few years the Black Library runs an Advent Calendar whereby on the days running up the Christmas a particular Faction gets something. It could be a short story, a Formation, new rules, etc.

On the digital side of things, past Advent Calendars have seen the Cypher, Be'Lakor, Adeptus Astartes Stormwing Dataslates being released, amongst others. Though I'll be honest, I'm drawing a blank about what we've had blush.png

What do you think we'll get (if anything or indeed if they do them this year)?

My guesses:

• Shield of Baal Deathstorm rules pack (all four units plus the Formation)
  • Reclusiarch rules and/or Erelim Formation rules/story - That Chaplain has come out of the blue after all
  • TDA Sanguinary Priest - rules and model - yes this is unlikely given the Chaplain release

As someone who is newly back into the hobby, this is the first I've heard of this.

So what's the deal - Black Libary / GW give something away everyday until Christmas (I'm guessing as a loss leader to incentivise more sales for Xmas / keep them in our minds coming up to Christmas) - Does that sound about right?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I just want to know how you sign up and what the deal is?

I would really like a new formation like the blood drinker's command squad when the Blood Drinkers meet with the Nova Marines in Guy Haley's "Death of Integrity", where we could take a Chaplain/Reclusiarch, Sanguinary Priest, 2 captains and a Chapter Master, and get some really neat little rules.

But if the BA do get anything I'm sure it will be pretty neat.

For those who don't know what I'm on about, the past few years the Black Library runs an Advent Calendar whereby on the days running up the Christmas a particular Faction gets something. It could be a short story, a Formation, new rules, etc.

On the digital side of things, past Advent Calendars have seen the Cypher, Be'Lakor, Adeptus Astartes Stormwing Dataslates being released, amongst others. Though I'll be honest, I'm drawing a blank about what we've had blush.png

My guesses:

• Reclusiarch rules and/or Erelim Formation rules/story - That Chaplain has come out of the blue after all
  • TDA Sanguinary Priest - rules and model - yes this is unlikely given the Chaplain release

I think it's a conceptual thingy - no invuln for prists whereas this new captain in TDA have and Iron halo and in-built terminator inv-save though it wouold be incredibly valueble if they would put a chalice in such kit.

It feels like a steal to buy upgrade kit only for chalice. Everything else coould be replaced by regular kits.

Do you know that they included a ceremonial dagger as a "weapon" option on description!

My guesses:

I think it's a conceptual thingy - no invuln for prists whereas this new captain in TDA have and Iron halo and in-built terminator inv-save though it wouold be incredibly valueble if they would put a chalice in such kit.

It feels like a steal to buy upgrade kit only for chalice. Everything else coould be replaced by regular kits.

Do you know that they included a ceremonial dagger as a "weapon" option on description!

You know the BA Upgrade Sprue has a chalice on it, right?

Reclusium Conclave:

Like the libararius, but with chaplains. One becomes the reclusiarch and gets W3.

If they are within 12" of one another, hatred is in effect every round of combat, not just the first 

That would be interesting.

Interesting, but have you ever really sat there and thought "Yeah, I need more Chaplains".

Libbys work because they all add to the dice pool and give us a chance of having a major Psychic phase as opposed to the standard two maximum on the CAD/ BSF etc.

A sweet idea though - could be worked into an Erelim squad ;)

Archived