Rumoured Imperial Guard codex in february

Emicus

>inb4 BoLS bashers ;)

Last week, I contacted my local indie and asked to order a couple of Catachan boxes (Infantry and Command Squad). He told me that both were "unavailable" to him, whatever that means.

Anyway, take with salt, as usual.

Salt is certainly snorted in vast quantities, but still hearing something is better than the crickets! Trouble is I'm not sure whenever to go ahead with my planned purchases or wait now.

What are the current oldest kits/most in need of an update?

ALL the troop kits barring scions and bullgryns? Would there be anything else? I think all the vehicle kits are pretty good.

People have been twittering about "Decurion formations" ever since it first appeared, it's no surprise to see it again and mentioning tanks. Our last codex was a simple update, so we're due something more significant too. Tanks are fine but infantry besides Scions, Ogryns and possibly CCSs are getting on so are due an update. HWTs are serviceable but ideally an update maybe with new options would appear...

This is less of a rumour and more stating the obvious I feel, it's hard to get hyped over what doesn't feel like new information. Good to hear February as a timescale though as we've been expecting later in the year - the sooner the better of course.

Someone let me know when the rumour mill produces something that I can't figure out myself, otherwise I'll wait for the pictures!

I'm tempted to snatch up old kits, because I doubt I'll be able to afford to build my ig army with new kits and their nice shiney new price tags and metric ton of bits you can't use because they stick the arms for 30 guys into a box of 5 guys...

But new codex and a few new kits would be nice...

New codex... so soon?

Alltough my view might be slightly biased... I've been waiting for a real sisters codex for "a while"...

Im pretty sure youre going to be waiting a very long time to see sisters.

And so soon is a matter of relevance; given hiw much the meta has changes in 7th vs 6th, espacially when you look at decurions (necrons and tau specifically); I think timing is appropriate.

I'm not really sure we need a huge overhaul, just some cost adjustments. To many of our "better" units just aren't worth taking because they just cost to much; hellhound's, basalisk, manticore come to mind and (IMO) could be cut my 1/3 to 1/2 their cost.

Ratlings, Roughriders, wyrdvein psykers could use a change though. Higher rear armor on russes(especially with asinine tau formations that shoot rear and ignore cover).

I would expect based on reasonable suspicions...

bonus rules for taking full squadrons of tanks.

A few points adjustments

Lots of formations

Other then that I couldn't guess without wish listing.

Hopefully I can get some of the current kits before they release the new stuff...

It would be nice if HWT could take vox and an officer always rerolls orders given to his own squad. Company commanders may make look out sir rolls on 2+, chimeras can fire 2 weapons if moving 6" (none if miving more), Ogryn & Co could take a special cc weapon per unit, inf squads cost a little less (lasguns are so weak) or maybe come in with 12 men.

Of course some formations will be fine but not too overpowered. I hope that the platoon plus sentinels has the rule that PCS can give orders to sentinels too!

I'd actually like to see PCS (or even CCS) have the abilty to combine squads with others squads in their platoon. I always feel like my PCS is a fifth wheel most games.

Give your PCS flamers, and they are a good counter=charge unit, that can issue FRFSRF until they are needed.

I'd actually like to see PCS (or even CCS) have the abilty to combine squads with others squads in their platoon. I always feel like my PCS is a fifth wheel most games.

Give your PCS flamers, and they are a good counter=charge unit, that can issue FRFSRF until they are needed.

Thats what I do. Most times i keep them in my third droppod and drop them im late game to clear objectives.

Am I playing my platoons wrong?  If I take a minimum size platoon... I can't blob that into a group of 25?  Is the PCS always their own little unit that cannot join?

Am I playing my platoons wrong?  If I take a minimum size platoon... I can't blob that into a group of 25?  Is the PCS always their own little unit that cannot join?

I think you are....I don't believe PCS have the combined squads special rule. 

The only kit I would like to see replaced is the troops to be similar to the new Breacher/Striker kits in the Tau. More bits including special weapons options above the standard grenade launcher/flamer. It would be good to see veteran parts on it but if it does follow the Tau troops kit in quality and options I would not be disappointed.

Ratling snipers in plastic? Rough riders?

Character kits such as priests, regimental advisors and psykers are needed. Basically the release of characters previously in metal or finecast.

Our Russ kits are fairly new and still good but we may see a new version, perhaps a move from FW of the Jagdpanzer tank destroyer (hoping :) ) The Chimera and Sentinel kits don't need any improvement either. Perhaps turrets/fortification lines and a Salamander.

I would expect more of a realignment of the codex with the addition of formations and characters similar again to the Tau Empire codex.

As I collect DA/Tau and IG it will be an expensive couple of years :(

I'd like to see heavy weapon squads given access to Chimeras as part of the platoon. If special weapon squads can't access Chimeras at the moment, I'd like them to have access to them too.

The rest of the rules can change as long as the organisation doesn't too much... I've put in too much work to change my army very much.

Something I've been banging on about for years Emicus tongue.png The tanks are recent and good, short of knowing that there's nothing the Guard loves more than tanks I'd hope that GW focuses on infantry. If GW updated the Cadian and Catachan troop kits I'd be so happy. If they added additional regiments as new kits I'd have tears of joy!

Regarding infantry rules wise, they're pretty solid. Letting the PCS join the combined squad would be huge, but for the troops themselves I don't see much improvement to be made without risking an offset. Infantry squads are a fair price, but a bit of a points drop on upgrades would be nice. Is a plasma gun on a Guardsman really worth the same as on a Marine? What would be a fair cost? Perhaps a better way to improve troops would be the inclusion of a regimental doctrine system similar to what Marines get.

Heavy weapons definitely need to be cheaper, especially on the HWSs and for the love of the Emperor is it so hard to give them Eternal Warrior so they don't get killed quite so easily? There are improvements to be made, the question is probably more how this can be done without breaking something. Though it would be nice to have the broken super codex for once that's not really what the game needs tongue.png

I'd like to see plastic steel legion...

Also yes points need adjusted...

-heavy weapon squads are over priced and could really use a vox and upgrades like cammo

-some special weapons are over priced, especially plasma... (Way back in the day plasma was the same as flamer and cheaper then melta)

-pcs and ccs are to small, should have option for additional men up to 10 total...

-infantry squads maybe could vary in size, I doubt every regiment in the galaxy uses a standard 10 man squad... 5-12 sounds reasonable

-allow lighter classes of command tanks, such as hounds...

Archived