2.5k Alpha Legion - Pride of the Legion

exsanguis

Hey guys,

What do you think of this as a rough idea for an AL POTL list:

Armillus Dynat - POTL

Vet Squad x10 - Rhino, AA, Power Fist, Vexilla, 2x Plasma Guns, Sniper

Vet Squad x10 - Rhino, AA, Power Fist, Vexilla, 2x Plasma Guns, Sniper

Lernaen Terminators x10 - 2x Plasma Blasters, Venom Sphere Harness, 1x Chainfist

Contemptor - 2x Fists/Graviton, Drop Pod

Contemptor - 2x Fists/Graviton, Drop Pod

Rapiers x2 - Thud Guns

Deathstorm Drop Pod - Krak, Drop Pod Assault

Deredeo - Aiolos, Heavy Flamer

Sicaran - Lascannons, AC

Dynat goes with the Terminators and deep strikes near a juicy unit. The Contemptors come down first turn to try and ambush the biggest vehicle threat, whilst the Deredeo and Thud Guns have fun at the home fort. The Vets can secure other objectives.

I would be expanding this up to 3k with my Fellblade, though I have access to a Fire Raptor and plenty more warm bodies (maybe a deep striking 20 man blob with Dynat for added punch?).

Thanks for your thoughts!

You can't Deep Strike Dynat as well as the Terminators, as he only gives the bonus to 1 unit. Might have to put him in a Vet squad, or look at a different way of running things...

I like the list apart from that!

Too bad Dynat doesn't unlock terminator command squads. I guess you could take a terminator Praetor and Dynat in the same list, but that's incredibly wasteful.

A 5-man squad of Lernean Terminators is 260 points with chainfist, plasma blaster, and venom harness.

A 5-man Terminator Command Squad is 268 points with chainfist, plasma blaster, and 4 combi-meltas/plasmas. You pay 8 more points, and lose stubborn and venom harness. On the flip-side, they are still WS5, you get your choice of power weapons, the volkite chargers are upgraded to combi-weapons, they are all chosen warriors for challenges, and with the standard they and everything within 6" are fearless.

He could join the squad and they become one unit for the purpose of his bonus. - Sadly doesn't work.

I like it, apart from the last point (that isn't how it works - they are treated as a separte unit during the game).

Interesting how well Terminator Command Squads compare to Lernaeans...

Archived