Blood Angels DCTS and SGTS...would it shock you ? (30/11)

Frater Antodeniel

Charlo, thanks for your answer. but there is only one thing that i won't stop earing....^^

Allies, Allies, Allies.....Stop please, everyone. Like you all have began to know, i really try to make everything (Ideas/FAQ/Errata...etc) ok with the BA fluff (at least, possible/coherent).

So, i won't ear more longer about allies for this, allies for that. We are not the Grey Knights that can order to every imperial forces.

"Hey, brothers Raven Guard or else...etc, can we borrow you some StormTalon ? and a Land Speeder Storm for our scouts ? because, you know, our Techmarines are so low due to breathing Lucifer's engine vapor all day....they cannot work on aerial craft anymore."

Could anyone imagine this situation ? Personally no. (I hate all this Allies mod that started with the 7th ed....even if, for Space Marines, it existed before, but it was more healtly than it is now, just my point of view, maybe i too strict...)

(Edit : I really want those Land Speeder Storm within the Blood Angels Armouries, so Codex. That would open to a lot of strategic/tactic possibilities...but this isn't the subject of this topic^^.)

It's not really that situation though, you can even paint the army the same colours. Just use slightly different rules. Hell the vehicles are functionally the same.

Sadly, 7th edition is played with allies now, thems the breaks. But they are good :D

Rules =/= fluff

Rules allies =/= brofisting marines: it might just mean you have a separate/unconventional/rarely used unit (or set of units) showing up to play alongside you

Rare =/= work of art: just because the blood angels have really nice equipment that is "no less lethal" doesn't mean they have more lethal equipment, plasma on terminators doesn't make any sense for them (and there is no reason for them to get a unit that does that, because they can just paint up some dark angels if they really want one)

not knowing what happens in the tower =/= weaponizing of its occupants is a possibility: in and of itself, the line mentioning a lack of knowledge doesn't rule out deploying the denizens of the tower, but the fact that no one knows what happens to them means it doesn't happen, more importantly, allowing it to happen in any way that doesn't immediately result in disaster or at best a distraction completely destroys everything that makes mephiston special, it destroys his narrative reason to be, which is not ok

on the topic of fluffy terminator units:
Sanguinary guard in terminator armour are without precedent, but not impossible for any fluff reasons, just unlikely. They would still be armed with Glaives Encarmine and Angelus Boltguns (Angelus Stormbolters?)
Death Company in terminator armour, although they probably don't make much sense for BA themselves, would be perfectly in line with how some successor chapters might see the death company, particularly any who believe in a good death similar to the principles behind why lone wolves are given good equipment in the space wolves. (obviously deployment would vary due to the nature of the flaw).

I am not sure either deserve to be LOWs however.

Moreover, I understand your rage on the allies thing, but I think it is misdirected: Games workshop is not forcing you to buy 3+ armies to play. They are forcing you to buy 3+ codices to play your one army. There are only 7 armies left: Imperials, Eldar, Orks, Tau, Chaos, Necrons , Tyrannids. The game is balanced (as much as it ever was) around that concept, and anyone who is unwilling to accept that notion (for any reason) is going to be at a disadvantage. I am not saying it is necessarily good, but that is the current design ethos, and building homebrew units within that context will vastly improve how people receive those ideas.

Hello brothers,

So i today is release the new versions of the Blood Angels DCTS and SGTS idea.

About the Draculs. Since many pointed the fact that of the Three version, the Draculs was the Less plausible, i choose to removed the Draculs. (Instead, i now want to see if i can make them an Assault Terminator squad.....a Blood Angels one....on the Elite slot...i will study this possibility.)

So, now, we have the Day (SGTS) and the Night (DCTS), and i thing that many people will find this vision more reasonable and possible, looking at the fluff.

For the changes :

DCTS :

- WS 5 => WS 4 (like their power armour brothers)

- It Will Not Die (Since they are 2 wounds, i think that this rule really fit them, "This beast, it won't die !" quoted from an unknow xenos).

- Hammer of Wrath....logic, and not gamebreaking.

- New option : Can now exchange their weapons for two lightning claws for free.

SGTS :

- I removed the rule that allowed them to charge the turn they deepstriked.

- Eternal Warrior (Dante bodyguard^^, futhermore, each of them is a little Dante speaking of battle prowess.)

(Also, i will do a second topic, about the Skimmers ideas i got this week. For the flyers, we may lack of diversity from GW, but FW have a lot of solution, a good ones. that's why i prefer focus on the LOW DCTS and SGTS ideas, and the Skimmers ideas.)

Well those changes certainly up the power level. Now they definitely deserve the LOW status.

On a different note, I like playing with just a single codex for an army. I decide to run my sisters with my BA, then I'm fine with that. If I had say a Black Templars army I would be fine running then. Under no circumstances would I use codex: space marines to represent Blood Angels. Ever. It goes against my entire philosophy on 40k. I tend toward not even using allies. Single CAD, single codex. Also not a fan of detachments or formations. I might use the Baal strike force detachment once in a while because it's fluffy and has a rules precedent in the old furious charge rule. But I generally run a single cad and maybee an allied detachment of an army I own.

Of course I would be perfectly happy to play against someone using formations and detachments (I might brand you a heretic an burn you with holy promethium if you run BA using the SM codex) I'm also willing to admit I'm probably "wrong" about all of this. I just enjoy the game more my way.

And I have derailed the topic. Sorry. Please continue.

Archived