Kortmer's Oldhammer Rescue Projects

K0rtmer

Beautiful army so far, you've really given new life to these old models! I can't recall if you mentioned, but are you playing an older edition or using them with 8th?

Thanks, DuskRaider. Mostly used them in an escalating campaign so far. The campaign started with Kill Teams, using HoR rules, and went through a second-edition combat patrol from there. I managed to complete both phases using these models alone. From there, yeah, I'll play whatever with them. 

Next stop: 1995 monopose plastic Plague Marines. Might have a surprise too.

Just happened to arrange a game of second edition 40k on Sunday. I spontaneously decided to put together this little gem I found on ebay the other month.

gallery_80057_10843_743315.jpg

gallery_80057_10843_406784.jpg

I admit, I found it rather challenging to put it together this far. Had little to no instructions in the beginning. I literally stared at the sprues for half an hour before I posted for help in a Facebook group, unable to work out how I was supposed to build the rear and bottom parts of it. Never realised the bottom was the inverted top. (That's what it came with two top parts.) - Eventually, with help of friends, I figured it out. Still a difficult build though. Halfway through I had to take it apart to fix up a couple mistakes I didn't catch in the beginning. I felt I butchered it, but seemingly managed to hide most mistakes or minor damages.

Suggestions for a paint scheme are most welcome.

• 2 weeks later...