First Annual Battle for the Capital! 3 turn is up

Omgggg.

Slipstreams looks like Freddy Mercury :P was there a mandatory beard length to play in this event? Lol

Also, there's wonderful American IPAs...whiskey...Angry Orchard Cider...moonshine...pfft you guys are just used to keystone and that crap we drink as chasers on frat nights.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/548/211092_242669842430795_4056741_n.jpg

I've made it guys. My life is now complete :') I've been likened to a legend.

Enjoyable read, although I couldn't understand what was going on in the pics, not sure how you guys knew what was what!

You mean you can't tell who's grey tank was who's?

/boggle

Joking aside, my group's Apocalypse games were unpainted at first but a few years ago we introduced a rule that only painted stuff could be used (simply to cap the number of stuff on the table!) and it's worked quite well as it gives you a goal to work towards.

In February our next apocalypse if booked in. Currently stands at eight players, 25-30k of painted models aside and somehow, I'm taking 12k of Blood Angels blink.png

Just thought of a solution for the Primarchs' "getting stomped on" problem. It pretty much comes down to an agreement of the players but I think it will work here.

If a Primarch gets hit by a Stomp attack from a super-heavy e.g: Imperial Knight, Warhound Scout Titan, etc. How about a rule to counter Stomp attacks by holding the Titan's foot then perhaps trying to push it away, like Angron did in Betrayer, because if Angron can bench press a Warhound so can Ferrus!

Edit: I don't think this applies to Reavers though.

Just thought of a solution for the Primarchs' "getting stomped on" problem. It pretty much comes down to an agreement of the players but I think it will work here.

If a Primarch gets hit by a Stomp attack from a super-heavy e.g: Imperial Knight, Warhound Scout Titan, etc. How about a rule to counter Stomp attacks by holding the Titan's foot then perhaps trying to push it away, like Angron did in Betrayer, because if Angron can bench press a Warhound so can Ferrus!

Edit: I don't think this applies to Reavers though.

Yeah, we are changing the 6 result to a single auto wound at AP2 for Primarchs / very bulky models.

Enjoyable read, although I couldn't understand what was going on in the pics, not sure how you guys knew what was what!

You mean you can't tell who's grey tank was who's?

/boggle

Joking aside, my group's Apocalypse games were unpainted at first but a few years ago we introduced a rule that only painted stuff could be used (simply to cap the number of stuff on the table!) and it's worked quite well as it gives you a goal to work towards.

In February our next apocalypse if booked in. Currently stands at eight players, 25-30k of painted models aside and somehow, I'm taking 12k of Blood Angels blink.png

This is our resolution, by next year, paint all our collective junk ;) I have a solid plan to do so, I just need the time inbetween work, the back to school and studies ;)

Hit the More Reply Options button. At the bottom of the Text box you should see "Saved Content...blah blah blah"

if there is any...

Has saved me quite a few times after accidentally closing a tab with a TON of text on it!

the ultra's may be the leafs but Babcox would spank Rowboat Girlyman. I am also a traitorous Canucks who cheers for the Devils but hey man you can't beat a leafs game for entertainment value I guess unless you are a leafs fan lol

I had no idea there were more fellow Canadians here....

There are tons of us here, but we had a meeting and determined that the Ultramarines are the Leafs of the 18 legions, so....you know..whistlingW.gif

Better then the habs msn-wink.gif

But im a traitorous bruins fan anyways

As a habs fan, I will not let this come to pass brother.... We must settle this heresy upon the battle field one day!

I had no idea there were more fellow Canadians here....

There are tons of us here, but we had a meeting and determined that the Ultramarines are the Leafs of the 18 legions, so....you know..whistlingW.gif

Better then the habs msn-wink.gif

But im a traitorous bruins fan anyways

As a habs fan, I will not let this come to pass brother.... We must settle this heresy upon the battle field one day!

If im ever in Quebec, would love to get some 30k in, not that many players in toba

I failed to mention that my IH moritat came out on turn 2 to fire the nanyte blaster only a huge blob of chaining NL squads, only to roll a 1 to hit ;)

Turn 3 was vital for both sides of the field as it brought all our forces at knife point and we fought over mid board objective control.

Turn 3 Loyalist

Ferrus grows impatien and slowy drive his spear head a few inches forward, but is now close enough to threaten the the entrances of the traitor ZM board entrances. Catching the Night Lords in a pincer in the tunnel networks would not end well. Khârn and the Red Butchers Zoom for the Deep Striking Night Lords force threatening our rear, along with Autek Mor and his command squad.

Dorn has enough of iddling and storms outside of his spartan along with Siggy and his templars.They stare down a Night Lord command squad and terror squad. Imperial Fist contemptor turn back around to face the nightlord threat in our backlines, with a squad of Warders in a land raider

The Raven Guard thunderhawk limps off the battlefield back into reserves, unable to drop his cargo. The shadowed Lord decides to hold off his entrance one more turn in light of this. Lone survivor sergeant Bob rallies and goes back on top of the tower to cap the objective again. A new legend is born.

Shooting Phase

Little Timmy stand as the uncontested Lord of the battlefield. A turbo laser salvo downs a Knight, the nuclear blast clearing lots of support infantry and the plasma battery is aimed at the Solar Auxilia parking lot. With so much rumble and fortifications, the results of the shot are mitigated. the Raven Guard Storm Lord does the same with a bit more success, almost decapitating the command structure of the SA.

Ferrus orders broadsides upon the opposing spearhead, to devastating effect this time, removing another 2 Proteus Landraiders from the table. Orth's Cerberus fails to do any significant damage again. 

The imperial fists unleash hell at the Kharybdis in their midst, which promptly dodges everything like it's the Matrix all over again.

Assault Phase

Khârn and friends, a WE comteptor, the warders and Autek Mor all slam into the 60 model Night Lord jump infantry blob. Terrible carnage is wrought, and we learned that Raptors and assault squads don't do well on the receiving end of charges. Khârn kills a Praetor and 2 of his command squad on the charge. One third of the initial deep striking elements survive the onslaught.

The Imperials achieve air dominance, removing all airborne assets of the traitors with brutal Fire Raptor broadsides.

Dorn plays wack a mole with entire command squad, while Siggy and the bunch lay waste to the terror squad. Who needs charge bonuses anyways?

Traitor turn 3

It's time for the forces of Horus to put on their try hard pants and get some reckoning : enter the Reaver Titan! The Knight Household closes in on Ferrus's spearhead, posed to turn the fine craftsmanship fo the mechanicum into paste. A Night Lord command squad begins to sneak into the central tower and deny the objective. Mortarion enters the tunnels and begin his teleportation shenanigans. while his Wardens and Death Shroud move to intercept Iron Hands. A Mechanicum knight closes in on Dorn.

The back lines of the Traitors suffer once again from lack of space, as the imperials are blocking off their advance with lots of armour.

Shooting Phase

Knowing full well the Reaver can outlast our only titan engine in Little timmy, Dan turns his turbo laser onto Ferrus Mannus's spartan and retinue. The spartan promptly bites the dust, and so do 2 loyalist proteus land raiders after a great scatter, his secondary weapon murders a full IH tactical squad and their rhino camping an objective. 2 knight lancers and a castigator immediately take the opportunity and fire upon the exposed primarch and his retinue, killing 8 gorgon bodyguards.

Elsewhere, the Mech/SA play the denial game and bombard any and all infantry that comes near the midfield on their end of the board, reaping a terrible toll on the Loyalists. Dorn takes 3 wounds from shooting as well. Timmy loses his void shields to the DG baneblade superheavy

the Kharybdis vents fire and actual takes out 2 dreadnoughts! 

Sergeant Bob falls to a Night Lord Contemptor's Kheres cannons. 2 Loyalist flyers fall to skyfire. 

Assault Phase 

Surviving Elements of the Night Lord backfield assault pile into the fray, but all the remains is wiped out. this will lead to our first rules amendment, which I posted earlier. Dorn is charged by the Mech Knight. He attempts to smash the Knight to oblivion before it strikes, but without success. In return, the Knight fails to kill the wounded Primarch. Stomps and Melta Bombs roll out at inititaive 1. The Mech Knight gets a 6, so 3 stomps, placing them all toucing the Primarch. He then proceeds to rolling another 6, thus removing him and Siggy from the game. This will lead to another rules amendment ;)

Ferrus is charged by a Castigator and a Lancer. The Consul's grav gauntlet takes off 3 hull points from the castigator in overwatch, and Ferrus only manages 2 more hull points with Forge Breaker. the Lancer kills off the remains of his bodyguard and the Consul passes his invulnerable to stay with his primarch. The Castigator attacks Ferrus directive, cause 3 wounds. Ferrus holds with his 3+ invulnerable save. His servo arm finishes the castigator causing it to go nuclear, killing the Consul and Ferrus saves again. Stomps fail to yield more damage.

Archived