Survivors of Vrak

Uprising

Hello Everyone, long time

I always loved Chaos, but the average human/renegade/mutant/heretic has always been one of my favorite reasons to have a chaos army.  So with the release of IA 13, I started amassing my own renegade force.  With ETV 5 coming around the corner, it’s time to start assembling, play testing, and converting my forces.  They will be khorne followers with a slight influence of the blood pact (harden killers, not madmen).  Joining them will be my Khorne Daemon army, Dark Mechanicus sipport, and my terminator CSM Army.  My aim is to have the model use both the IG codex and IA 13 list.  Time for the current army and pictures.

What I have

5 HQ figures

101 guardsmen(all will have enforcer torso)

3 Russ

3 Sentiels

8 Chimeras

2 Manticores/deathstrike missles

25 catachans/commands

4 Vendattas/vultures/valkeryies

2 FW hydras

20 hounds(spawns)

10 heavy Weapon teams

Also that wooden base will be a Warhound Titan.  He will be purchase once I get these guys painted and the Khorne Daemons finished. 

Pics(2nd pic, thats not a hwt, its the vendatta base)

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/gwp1002/DSCN0826_zpsndlivdbk.jpg

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/gwp1002/DSCN0830_zpskjtedpqn.jpg

Wasn't Vraks virus-bombed?

Eh, what virus bomb? We're fine.

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GXhGZQNaqbE/Vl5xJBEUh4I/AAAAAAAAAMQ/n4pHtP9EYA8/s2048-no/IMG_1155.JPG

Wasn't Vraks virus-bombed?

Yes, but many of the chaos forces where able to retreat with large amounts of tech, weapons, supplies, and the renegade forces.  Its not hard to believe some of the renegade left with the Chaos marines and join their warbands.  This is part one of my survivors forces(part 2&3 are khorne daemons and CSM with support).  The tie in will be the CSM will be one of the khorne faction from the war.  This way I can have harden troopers that are well stock and trench bases.  Finally, it gives me a reason to use enforcer torse for the force(I bought 160 to be use, yes 160, not a typo). 

@Kilos  I need to get 12 Rapier, those things are so bloody useful, also a fire Raptor.  But, I want to get what I have painted before I buy more.  A blog is a great way to stay focus.  Here is the color scheme if your curious(I did not paint these, but I will try to paint the scheme)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_2b27pIRfTQU/SqqmKzN2ksI/AAAAAAAAJTw/nF_o49mR-WE/s800/DSCF2643.jpg

@Uveron:  Thank you(btw your force looks great). Advice wise, maybe.  I got the scheme figured out, fluff is wip, which CSM warband from vrak is a personal choice(skulltakers vs Sanctified), but list building is always an issue.  I build the list and still have 700 pts to use(we are so cheap), and no idea what to add.  I usually build a mutant overlord list(100 mutants, 12 spawn, 9 lazer rapiers is usually my base), but feel our fast and elites are so underwehlming(which they should be).  I guess need to find some decent allies or get a super heavy in the list. Luckly this is a passion army more then anything else(I have crons for tourney).  I guess we will see where this goes, its only the beginning.  Thanks for the help. 

Tomorrow, i hope to post pics of my CSM and Daemons.  This year I will paint for ETL and finally get these army done. 

Always nice to see new Renegades posts :)

Regarding our fast attack/elite slots I find that my personal choices of a group of sentinels and a hellhound/ bane wolf as well as a decimator and/or 1+ blood slaughterer/ plague drone do add up. I'd also like to add Ogryns just because I like the models. Well and apart from the sentinels all of those choices are fairly pricey, so most of the time I don't have any points left.

Just my 2 cents :)

Archived