HH Iron Warriors 77th Grand Company

Captain Rex

Its been a while since I have painted or built anything for a while ( Bloody Life ) but here I am and burning to go so without hanging around this is what I'm planning........

My Wife brought me 2 boxes of the Betrayal at Calth box sets as a early Crimbo present and as i was going through 1 of the boxes last night I was amazed at the quality of the kits and the amount you get in the box.

The next thing was what Legion am i going to paint these little beauties, so after going through the first 4 HH books and the pro's and cons I finally settled on 11th Grand Company of the Iron Warriors.

So here is the start of my Army list

Kyr Vhalen                                                                                                      195pts

5 Man Legion Terminator Squad + Heavy Flamer                                          185pts

5 Man Legion Terminator Squad ( all Lightening Claws )                               250pts

5 Man Iron Havoc Squad ( all Heavy Bolter )                                                 185pts

5 Man Iron Havoc Squad ( all Missle Launcher )                                            210pts

This is what I hope to get started with, the rest of the contents of the boxes to follow as i progress.

Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome and thanks for looking

If you have some brass rod/plastic rod, you can turn the HBs into Autocannons ^^

Otherwise, it's a strong start. If you can acquire some cyclone missile launchers, I would turn 5 of the terminators into Siege Terminators.

Turn a tact marine into a Master of Signal (add antenna, auspex, etc), stick him with either the havocs or tyrants. Great use of a HQ slot, and fairly cheap too!

With your remaining marines, pretty easy to build support squads or just big tact blobs. Really depends on the rest of your points allowance, and preferred play style.

Thanks for the input SalvationOfReason, Im trying to build the 2 boxes with as little conversion as possible but I have managed to find 4 cyclone missile launchers in my bits box ( swear I had 5 ) The Master of Signals is a good call ( just hope I have enough bits to make one )

Here is what I have put together so far with a 10 man Tactical Squad I made about 3 months ago,

HQ slots

HQ1

Hq2

Terminators

TERMINATORS

Dreadnought

Dread

Heavy Bolters

HB

Tactical Squad

Tact Squad 1.1

Tact Squad 1.2

Now its time to start on the missile launcher support squad and the lightening claws Terminators.

Please feel feel to leave any C&C's as any help is good help.

Thanks for Looking
Scaly

• 5 weeks later...

Heres a little update of where I have got to so far.......

IWJAN160

IWJAN161

IWJAN162

IWJAN163

IWJAN164

IWJAN165

IWJAN166

So in this little box of goodness is

Kyr Vhalen

5 man command squad

1 apothecary

1 chaplin

1 moriat

5 cataphratii terminators (combi bolters/chainfist + 1 power sword )

5 lighting claw cataphractii terminators

10 man veteran tactical squad ( thunder hammer, bolt pistol/ missile launcher/meltagun )

5 man seeker squad ( all with combo-meltas )

2 man contemptor dreadnought talon ( multi-melts, close combat weapon with bolster/ 2 kheres assault cannon )

3 x 10 man tactical squads

5 man iron havoc ( heavy bolster )

5 man iron havoc ( missile launcher )

5 man tactical support squad ( flamers )

5 man tactical support squad ( melts guns )

Im saving the Seeker Squad, lightening claw terminator squad and the Veteran Tactical Squad for the Loyalty & Treacher return so these will be the first done then i will have fun with the rest.

Thanks for looking and all comments and suggestions will be gratefully received.

Scaly

Archived