2500 Elite Ultramarines List

Booth

I've been writing a bunch of different lists for a tournament I have coming up and I've always liked the idea of smaller, elite armies. This is one I like the look of, more of a focus on armour value units than bodies. The general plan is for Guilliman to go forward in his Land Raider and charge into the enemy and hopefully flip whatever he gets into. This would be under the supporting fire of the Mortis-Dreadnoughts and Predators, the latter being how I'd crack the annoying Terminators that might give Guilliman pause. I've tried Tank Hunter on the Mortis-Dreads and its worked wonders for me.

Guilliman

Centurion - Artificer Armour, melta bombs, Legatine Axe, Jump Pack

Legion Veterans x10 - vexilla, melta bombs, two missile launchers, power fist, rhino

Legion Veterans x10 - vexilla, melta bombs, two missile launchers, power fist, rhino

Locotarus Storm Squad x10 - power fist, melta bombs and plasma pistol on sergeant, two plasma pistols in squad

Contemptor-Mortis - Khares Assault Cannons

Contemptor-Mortis - Khares Assault Cannons

Predator - Plasma Executioner, Lascannon Sponsons, Machine Spirit

Predator - Plasma Executioner, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Machine Spirit

Land Raider Phobos - Armoured Ceramite, multi melta

2500 on the nose.

Let me know what you guys think and how it could/couldn't work. Thanks!

The list has a good amount of fire power mate. However I think guilliman on his own is a mistake. id say either drop 2 vets and a rhino and have an assult orientated vet squad with him or drop the special assult marines you have and replace them with a terminator command squad with an apothecary to go with him. Like I said a good list and a lot of fire power

Okay, so I was thinking about dropping the Centurion, the melta bombs on the Locotarus sergeant, and the machine spirits on the predators so I can add a four man command squad with two power axes and two power swords to go in the Land Raider with Guilliman. I couldn't find anything saying the Command Squad can't be the mandatory HQ slot, just that they don't take up an additional one if you have a Praetor. Better?

Could you find a way to shimmy in a 5 man squad of Suzerians in instead of the command squad?

They're essentially a Command Squad+ since they can still take the Banner and all have Ap2 at-initiative weapons as standard and also have Breaching Shields turning them into TEQ in CC with defensive grenades.

I'd love to have a unit of Suzerains for go with the primarch, I just wouldn't have them in time. Eventually there will definitely be a squad included though. I also didn't explain that I was given the Predators already built with the two differing sponsons, in case you were wondering why they were different.

Archived