Red Devils - VII Legion Project: Battle Report Incoming!

jimbo13

As you said, that's a great blue you've got going on there. I really like the use of that helm on the dude on the left. Is it BA...? What's the plan for basing etc? Matching your Fists? And for iconography?

Keen to see more, dude!

Glad to hear you like em!!! Basing will match the fists I think so I can run a true allied force.

The helmet is a Blood Angels Upgrade sprue one. I had to use it. Too beautiful. In retrospect wish I did it with the the other model. Would've looked beastly with the white.

Iconography.... Umm.... Ultramarine pads....? I can't freehand the emperors spear logo sadly. So I dunno. Lol. Your thoughts?

I'm waiting on some paints but am going to try out the Iron Snakes as well. Nod to Slips. Two different variations of the silver. So the next scheme will have to wait for the shipping gods to come through.

I didn't enjoy the Storm Wardens. Something about it just irked me. I love the space scots but they've been pushed off this heresy train.

There's either a transfer or a 3rd party pad I've seen with the spear icon. Can't place it at the minute. Let me have a look and get back to you on that...

I eagerly await. Leaning towards making them their own force...

Does anyone have thoughts on making them Traitors...? (Says this while Slips has his finger over the airlock release) I feel like there aren't really Ultra-Rebels around...

Look up the Nemesis Chapter. They would make for potentially good Breakaway Ultramarines.

Love them and thought about it, but... Not in love with the scheme. It's very muted. Dark blue with black gauntlets... Kind of blah. Also I almost want to go bright and eye catching/emperors peacocks. Or Horus's perhaps.

Hmm, yeah, if you want Bling, EC, TS and SoH are one of your better bets.

I know.... I like that bright blue, I may try the EC though. I'm waiting on a few other paints before I can give it the good ole college try. Although the SOH are tempting. NO TS!!! NO MORE RED!!! BAH!!!!!!

Rant over.

Or you could go Blackshield and do whatever whacky scheme you want (including tartan tabards ^^) smile.png

Tempting as well. I don't have the rules for them unfortunately. Sad Day...

SO my ETL Vow begins!!! So the Allies/possible 2nd army takes a backseat to my beloved fists. Obvs.

First off, my Moritat, who Psycho has been given the honor to name!!! Coming in at 140 points. He's rocking artificer armor, a jumpy, refractor field, bolt pistol, and a serpenta (nods to Slipstreams for loadout guidance in the past). I secretly wish he could be a warlord... But he's actually going to go the route of fallen templar msn-wink.gif booted from the first company and taken in with his squad by "The Djinn". Alas, images!!! He's still being tinkered with so this won't be his final look.

http://i.imgur.com/PMh5lJwl.jpg

Destroyahs!!! (the new england is strong with this one) Coming in at 420 points (tehehe). 10 total, jump packs, 2 rocket launchers, and melta's with 2 phosphex bombs biggrin.png

http://i.imgur.com/BSXsxi0l.jpg

Oh.... and some reaper/citadel paints to help with these guys and for some future projects (Iron Snakes/Or things of a serpentish nature)

http://i.imgur.com/boNZGerl.jpg

Dude, the Moritat looks absolutely wicked ! I'm proud to be given the honor of naming him (speaking of which, I've PMed you about that.)

I have to confess, I love Destroyers and Moritats.There's just something about them I find absolutely awesome. I'm very eager to see this particular Cadre painted up in the colors of the Red Devils.

excellent kit bash on that moritat

That's a mighty fine compliment coming from you good sir!!! Love your work by the way. Can't wait to see Captain Rager painted.

Dude, the Moritat looks absolutely wicked ! I'm proud to be given the honor of naming him (speaking of which, I've PMed you about that.)

I have to confess, I love Destroyers and Moritats.There's just something about them I find absolutely awesome. I'm very eager to see this particular Cadre painted up in the colors of the Red Devils.

In this vein, thank you by the way, for all to know the Moritat has been named Ascarich "Psycho" Jaeger. We shall be formulating for you all to hear of his legend as Moritat Prime biggrin.png

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a double post. And an apology for dishonoring you all with a non-etl related post. Alas though I present a count as quad mortar. Red Devils style!!! Used some reaper minis paints. Dang they are some great colors!!! I used there bronzes. They give a wonderful color. My favorite though is the adamantium black. It's straight up sexay, drybrushed with a myriad of silvers to give it a well used look. The crew will come shortly.

http://i.imgur.com/tGOFWzil.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Tk5pUAll.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HOnUnGSl.jpg

And making it properly fisty!!!

http://i.imgur.com/og5BYwnl.jpg

• 1 month later...

Due to current life stresses have not been painting... hopefully that changes because those destroyers needs some paint... 

But... I have kitbashed my own Sigismund. I need help though deciding on parts though. I want him to be a count as for my own company/although I may break down and just say he's Sigismund because you know why. It's the angel of death himself. No idea how he will be painted...

#1 (I like the curved sword for the sheer awesomeness, makes me feel like he unsheaths it, lops off a head, and put it back in the scabbard)

http://i.imgur.com/ionjrURl.jpg

#2 (The proper gentleman swordsman look)

http://i.imgur.com/yLDiCwzl.jpg

#3 (Going all Achilles with a short sword)

http://i.imgur.com/ie5Gfqll.jpg

Thoughts?

I'll say No.1, I like drakzilla's idea of him being seconded to the Vth and trading swords with a Scar he befriended, it's a visually unique look for the model and builds a story behind him. I like to think he and his White Scar friend would meet again at the Siege, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with their bond unbroken by the fires of betrayal.

I'll say No.1, I like drakzilla's idea of him being seconded to the Vth and trading swords with a Scar he befriended, it's a visually unique look for the model and builds a story behind him. I like to think he and his White Scar friend would meet again at the Siege, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with their bond unbroken by the fires of betrayal.

#1 looks awesome. You could say he was seconded to the White Scars, hence the scimitar.

Dang nabbit you FLUFF MONKEYS!!! How did you know I couldn't resist. Sergeant Sanguinius I love the fluff and may I humbly suggest to use this for back story?

I'm with Reyner, broadswords are so quintessential VII. legion imho

I'll be annoying and say 2, that style of sword always rocks for Imperial Fists and Templars.

I know.... I'm not sure though that I'd run him as Sig though. Although the Broadsword look wonderful I must admit. I may wait a bit to get more feedback. I love them both dearly.

Edit: Any thought on him holding an axe?

Honestly, I'd say to go with #2. It really emphasizes the Templar look in my opinion. The other two look a bit like just a generic Imperial Fist swordsman to me (if that makes any sense.) Whilst Drakzilla's and SanguiniusReborn's ideas are interesting, I'm not sure if that specific scimitar is really suitable for a weapon originating from the V. Just my two cents.

Regarding the axe, such a drastic change in the model's weapon would totally throw off it's current composition, so there's really no way to say how it would turn out for certain. It might look good, but I wouldn't risk it here.

Anyways, he looks good! I look forward to seeing him finished, no matter what you decide to go with.

#1 looks awesome. You could say he was seconded to the White Scars, hence the scimitar.

Dang nabbit you FLUFF MONKEYS!!! How did you know I couldn't resist. Sergeant Sanguinius I love the fluff and may I humbly suggest to use this for back story?
I prefer the term "Loresmith," and go right ahead brother! It always pleases me to know people enjoy my little stories. :)

Make a one off WS character and give him the broadsword :)

200w.gif

YEEEEESSSSS.

Whilst Drakzilla's and SanguiniusReborn's ideas are interesting, I'm not sure if that specific scimitar is really suitable for a weapon originating from the V. Just my two cents.

Well if jimbo doesn't feel it's close enough to the curved sabers of the Mongols he could easily rectify that by just shaving down the middle point of the scabbard down to make it a smooth curve, easy fix. :)

Aside from the glorious fluffiness, what really sells the scimitar for me is the sense of motion it lends to the model. It really does look like he's a split second from drawing it and cutting down some unworthy challenger.

Adding to that, the curved blade matches the flow of the tassels on his banner and gives it a compositional 'edge' over the others (pun intended).

Make a one off WS character and give him the broadsword smile.png

Also, I think I preferer the rimmed shoulderpad.

What kind of axe would you be thinking of?

Lol I actually like that idea quite a bit good sir, The WS.

As far as axe I don't have a clue/kind of not sold in my own head. I love the rimless pads. Although I may replace one with a more majestic (awkward voice flare) shoulder pad.

Hidden Content
SanguiniusReborn, on 01 Jul 2016 - 11:17 AM, said:

jimbo13, on 01 Jul 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

SanguiniusReborn, on 30 Jun 2016 - 1:07 PM, said:

drakzilla, on 30 Jun 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

I prefer the term "Loresmith," and go right ahead brother! It always pleases me to know people enjoy my little stories. smile.png

Lord Thørn, on 01 Jul 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

Make a one off WS character and give him the broadsword smile.png

200w.gif

YEEEEESSSSS.

The Psycho, on 01 Jul 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Whilst Drakzilla's and SanguiniusReborn's ideas are interesting, I'm not sure if that specific scimitar is really suitable for a weapon originating from the V. Just my two cents.

Well if jimbo doesn't feel it's close enough to the curved sabers of the Mongols he could easily rectify that by just shaving down the middle point of the scabbard down to make it a smooth curve, easy fix. smile.png

Bah!!! Now I have to respond to multiple points, you Loresmith.....

Will have to make a one off WS now. whoops.gif

Psycho&Loresmith: I have a few other of those sabres. Could you both wait to see what an enhanced sheathed sabre looks like? Maybe meet halfway...? I value both opinions and both swords look cool in my biased opinion.

Aside from the glorious fluffiness, what really sells the scimitar for me is the sense of motion it lends to the model. It really does look like he's a split second from drawing it and cutting down some unworthy challenger.

Adding to that, the curved blade matches the flow of the tassels on his banner and gives it a compositional 'edge' over the others (pun intended).

That is the precise reason i like that blade quite a bit.

Archived