Mechanicum Taghmata Omnissiah

SkimaskMohawk

I agree with Flint, painting my ten Tech Thralls has been one of the most boring hobby efforts in the last twenty years.

good luck with your 30! I can't wait to see them painted with this colour scheme!

Full faith in you being able to do it, get 'em done!

Thanks for the support guys! :)

After thinking about it, I will be following everyone's advice and will start with the tech thralls. Now I just need to get the painting marathon started :P

Really nice scheme you have going on here. It's not often you see a wildly different Mechanicum scheme but these guys look great.

Interested to see you're using so many tech-thralls - how do you use them, gamewise? I have a Mechanicum detachment mostly in pieces, but there's a half-complete unit of 10 thralls in there chosen mainly for rule of cool than anything else; I'd considered them objective grabbers and not much else but since you have 30 of them, you may feel differently?

Really nice scheme you have going on here. It's not often you see a wildly different Mechanicum scheme but these guys look great.

Interested to see you're using so many tech-thralls - how do you use them, gamewise? I have a Mechanicum detachment mostly in pieces, but there's a half-complete unit of 10 thralls in there chosen mainly for rule of cool than anything else; I'd considered them objective grabbers and not much else but since you have 30 of them, you may feel differently?

Thanks for the support dude it means a lot; your ultras really made me want to do the 22nd Chapter as they're similarly shunned (also destoyers!). :)

I mentioned it a couple times on the last page, though you may have missed it; this is a commission for a friend of mine so I won't be playing with it. That being said, I believe he's using two units of 15 with fearless for objective camping for when he's running the Taghmatta list 

Thanks for the support dude it means a lot; your ultras really made me want to do the 22nd Chapter as they're similarly shunned (also destoyers!). smile.png

I mentioned it a couple times on the last page, though you may have missed it; this is a commission for a friend of mine so I won't be playing with it. That being said, I believe he's using two units of 15 with fearless for objective camping for when he's running the Taghmatta list

I did miss that, sorry man. That's what happens when you get distracted by shiny Mechanicum units in a cool colour scheme ;) Sounds like an interesting plan anyways. A shame you won't be using them yourself, but I'll definitely be enjoying watching you finish them off, I really dig this scheme.

Also, if you do get around to doing Nemesis Chapter, I'd love to see that...

Oh man if they ever made a destroyer RoW I'd be on it. My favorite part of tempest is the 2 sentences or so about the Nemesis taking out the gal vorbak on calth. Just worried they might be a bit too similar to my night lords in look

Yeah. That part made me sit up and pay attention too, lol. I don't think you'd be wrong at all in taking a little NL-brutality as inspiration for them. Makes it an even more appealing modelling prospect actually. ;)

How did I miss this thread, just saw the one pick in the local forum, and it seemed like this army came out from no where.  Can't wait to see these guys in action on the table top.  Now to influence this force to be loyal to the Warmaster...

Alright here we are after about 3 hours of painting; I didn't really get a lot done last night due to family things and being super tired. So far the silver needs to be touched up but is otherwise done, while the white is basecoated. 

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/2/28/782176_md-Tech%20Thralls%20WIP.jpg

Thanks again for everyone who stopped by and looked , as well as those who gave support.

@Brother-Captain Arkhan I think my main issue with painting the 22nd would be finding a good balance between blue and black, as well as making the blue brighter than my night lords, but still "midnight".

Finally some more progress has been made after a fairly busy week.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/6/783825_md-Tech%20Thralls%20WIP.jpghttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/6/783826_md-Tech%20Thralls%20WIP.jpg

All I have left to do is clean up the white, do the blue and then the bases and they'll be done

• 2 weeks later...

Annnnnnnnnnnd they're done

Anyone who warned me about burn out was 100% correct. Painting wise I was fine, but getting the motivation to work on them....down.gif

Anyways, here's 30 Mechanicum Tech-Thralls

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/16/786109_md-Blue%2C%20Bronze%2C%20Mechanicum%2C%20Omnissiah%2C%20Taghmata%2C%20Tech-thrall%2C%20White.jpghttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/16/786122_md-Blue%2C%20Bronze%2C%20Mechanicum%2C%20Omnissiah%2C%20Taghmata%2C%20Tech-thrall%2C%20White.jpghttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/16/786123_md-Blue%2C%20Bronze%2C%20Mechanicum%2C%20Omnissiah%2C%20Taghmata%2C%20Tech-thrall%2C%20White.jpghttp://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/3/16/786111_md-Blue%2C%20Bronze%2C%20Mechanicum%2C%20Omnissiah%2C%20Taghmata%2C%20Tech-thrall%2C%20White.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, that's quite impressive!

Once again a new amazing Armi. First the Night Lords. Now Mechanicum and again realy Awesome Job. Hope to see more Stuff like this and see this awesome Work in a new Batrep smile.png

Thanks for the support guys, bad news no super nice photos of the Thralls soon, good news is that 24 Thallax are in the works

Thanks for the support guys, bad news no super nice photos of the Thralls soon, good news is that 24 Thallax are in the works

Oh nice to hear this. 24 Thallax is hugh Mass. Hope to see them soon. My Thallax should arrive me this weekend. :)

Archived