Are combi-weapons on seekers a viable option?

Dantay VI

I am trying to work out what to do with my B@C set.

I have enough combi weapons to kit out a 10 man squad of (possibly) seekers in combi-plasma/melta/flamer options.

I was considering this plus potentially 2 veteran tactical or a 10 man tactical with 2 support units..

I already have 2 assault squads (which can be merged and a breacher squad in the tactical slot.

I like the idea of seekers as I can imagine them as 6th Legion squads sent out like kill teams to hunt prey.

So, are combi weapons viable and which configuration suits best?

They're pretty much the only unit in the game that can take Combi-Weapons en masse, come with Special Issue Ammunition and have BS5 innately.

Its expensive but if you can get them to nail their 'Marked' Target with Rapid-Fire Combi-Plasma Shots, they're going to have a bad time.

They're also a Fast Attack unit that can take a Land Raider as a Dedicated Transport.

Sounds like a plan.... I think I will go combi-plasma, as this offers great opportunites against anything above and beyond terminator killing.

Maybe back it up with veterans with power weapons to ad some choppy death (plus sniper rule).

I may hold off on construction until the weekender to see if any Space Wolf images crop up and then I'll have a clue s to what I want them to look like (Also superglue so they can snap apart when upgrades are available). 

I've used them to decent effect a few times always being inside a Land Raider Proteus 'cuz I can.

The First time, 8 of them nuked 2 Castellax from a 5 Castellax-Praevian unit on T1 with Rapid-Fire Plasma, Pretty Meh Rolling and them being the 'Marked' Unit.

Why 8? Exploratory Augury Web for a Scouting Land Raider :p

The Second was a 10 Man unit that vaped a 20 Man Tac Blob that had lost >5 Marines in an Apoc Game that were clogging up the board in the mid-to-late game due to movement being severely restricted due to space.

They're expensive though so you have to find a way to make good use of them.

Sounds like a plan.... I think I will go combi-plasma, as this offers great opportunites against anything above and beyond terminator killing.

Maybe back it up with veterans with power weapons to ad some choppy death (plus sniper rule).

I may hold off on construction until the weekender to see if any Space Wolf images crop up and then I'll have a clue s to what I want them to look like (Also superglue so they can snap apart when upgrades are available). 

That is pretty much what I intend to do with the B@C box, when I finally get it. Sniper veterans with HB, CC veterans with meltaguns and a couple of power swords, Seekers with 4 combi-weapons (the one stolen from the TDA character probably needs to be a combi-melta)

I think I will run, 10 man Seeker team with the combi's, 10 man veteran squad with Rocket launchers and sniper (will use seeker bolters to denote seniority) 10 man veteran squad all choppy and melty.. (I gave away 2 of my HB's for ML's... Although if not too outlandish, I could convert up some sponson HB's)

Thats a relief, as I only have 7 combi plasma, instead of 10 that I thought I had.

Going to convert the FW combi flamers, if I can find suitable plasma pistols or run 2 hidden combi meltas.  Plasma pistol, power weapon, or fist (thinking claw as I am fenryka?

I have been doing combi-melta and chainfist terminators, 

Plasma pistol, power weapon, or fist (thinking claw as I am fenryka?

Seeker Strike Leaders cannot take lightning claws. Wolf Claws don't exist in the HH rules yet.

Apart from the Relic, that is.

For a unit like Mor Deythan who can get Twin-Linked and Rending during Fatal Strike, Combi-Flamers are awesome.

For Seekers who at most get preferred enemy, you're better off making use of that BS5 and Re-rolling 1s and going for something like Combi-Plasma.

Unless, that is, if they're up against Horde units where you can properly stack those flamer Templates for maximum damage.

Oh, I have a 9 combi-plasmas sorted (3 from my friend B@C, 2 from my B@C and 4 FW combis) for my seekers.

I have 1 combi weapon left from my B@C set and 4 FW combi flamers left over. I was trying to work out what would be good on a secondary strike team. If combi-flamers then all is good as I can make 5 (or 4 and keep a combi weapon back for a veteran tactical unit) or just snip the flamer tips off and use the melta barrels from the B@C combi bits not used.

I used the other FW combi-meltas on my terminator squad along with chainfists.

I have no real opponents so  just build and paint for pleasure, I get 3-4 games per year max, with my friend Dave. He has all factions in 40K (ex-GW staffer) but likes to run Eldar orks, necrons and either Dark Angels or Ultramarines.

Sold, to the Jarl at the back of the hall!!

5 combi-flamers fully loaded. May you purify in the Emperors name.

Leave naught but ash and death in your wake...

Now I need to find/buy bits for a vigilator I think.

Oh, not combi weapons for the vigilator. I need to check the rulebook when I get the chance, but I thought he was a good unit to start out with and would buff either the seekers or the veterans.

Archived