'The Cindered'

You paint red hot (well, yellow hot) metal and burnt parchment (papyrus? vellum made of human skin?) very well. I commend your work on the Chaos Space Marines.

Thanks, man. I do other stuff than Chaos marines and the like...these are some other genera:

1%2B%25281%2529.jpg1%2B%25283%2529.jpg1%2B%25284%2529.jpg

48422986_10213158828510974_402346054754120181214_123616.jpg20181214_123654.jpg

Those are various 54-76mm. The Conan-looking guy is a model called Saxon warrior. The gal is from the Black Sun line. The elephant guy I picked up for using in The Elephants Graveyard dungeon scenario

d15.jpg.

..the mini;s actually from a underwater empires game called Deepswars/ShadowSeas...one of the few land based guys. They obviously ripped off his name as it's a lot like the Tower of the Elephant dude: http://antimatter-games.com/product/koth-yan-elephant-beastman/

Edited by Spear of Achilles

Made another lava base for the second work in progress Lord Discordant. These bases really only take about 15 mins, not counting drying time, from elmers glue and flock to finished product if you use a big round brush and wet-blend everything. About 20 minutes if you use a hair dryer.

20190619_131336.jpg

20190619_131417.jpg

The base looks AWESOME. Anyone using it will look HARD CORE (or like a suicidal fool, but your Chaos Lord can execute anyone who offers such insults, and then use their blood and souls to fuel Chaos rituals to further increase his powers, including his defenses against the heat and toxic fumes found in volcanic regions).

Excellent work. Are the Masters of Execution the warband's counterparts to a Loyalist Chapter's Chaplains, as the skull helms suggest? Or did they peel the flesh from their own skulls, to intimidate their enemies (see what the Red Skull did in Ultimate Avengers)?

Dark Apostles are the Chaplain equivalent to loyalists. The masters of execution DO the same somewhat, monitoring Chaos champions and ready to cut their heads off if they have issues...they are really good melee character duelists, their axes similar to power fists without being unwieldy. These axes do extra mortals on wounds of '6', and they can pile in farther than normal/reroll a dice, both vs enemy characters. No invuln, but WS 2 (hey, you can't have everything) for reasonable points (they outclass a bare bones Chaos Lord for less points, though no invuln. I love them...make a good Easter egg for a rhino full of berserkers. Last game, they clobbered Shalaxi the big Slaanesh daemon, a duelist in her own right.

Rarw! Get 'em, girls! (Supreme Command Detachment)

Why is the quote "Get 'em, girls!" instead of "Get 'em, BOYS!" (emphasis mine)? Is this warband one of FEMALE Space Marines, or does the Daemon Prince who leads this warband tend to insult his followers by intentionally referring to them as "girls"?

Khorne's sick sense of humor.

The Daemon Prince probably thinks he can motivate his followers to shed more blood in Khorne's honor, if he says feces like "Any moment you spend without shedding blood, is a moment you spend as a sissy softy girly girl. I send you into battle so you may reclaim your manhoods. Now go, kill, and in honoring Khorne, become men once more!"

Of course, I suspect Khorne himself wishes to comment on how his self-declared Champion talks like one on Slaanesh's team.

The curse of painting awful units is that you will now need to field them, because you put the work in...I'm the only player I've ever met who has fielded mutilators on the actual field of battle...even if it's once a year...

1%2B%25281%2529.jpg

1%2B%25282%2529.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Bjorn :)...That makes about 60+ zerks...still got 20 in a case in World Eaters blue and white...but I think 60 is enough lol...

I'll do a group pic soon of the Renegade knights, Damon Engine superheavies, and all the troops + daemons