Silly Lasgun/Laspistol question

awilden

I haven't painted any yet... but here's a couple of platoons:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/Inso/GW%20Squats/SquatWIP73_zpsmjb2eqf9.jpg

...and all of the lasguns are shortened, drilled, pinned and have the barrels drilled out :) ... and the las-pistol barrels are drilled too :)

Ok... makes sense.  I was wondering why it was such a crazy thought to drill out my barrels.  Just figured people were balking at the time investment :)

I'm gonna have to call shenanigans.  you didn't drill a hole into the barrel tip, you drilled a hole into the flash hider (odd thing to have on a gun that doesn't have flaming gasses following a projectile out the barrel, but that's another issue), removing the tip of the barrel!  The holes you drilled are bigger than the holes in boltgun barrels, so we've really been talking past one another here, lol...your solution is perfectly fine, but it's not at all what the rest of us were talking about (not to speak for the others, lol)

Look at these pics of a lasgun and a multilaser...I'm sure that like me, everyone else thought that "drilling out the barrels" of las weapons meant drilling a hole into the tip of the bit that protrudes from the suppressor thingie (the blue bit on the tip of my lasgun below), not drilling the end of the barrel away entirely and drilling a recess into the suppressor thingie!

Archived