Truescale Space Marines: The Angels Encarmine

Moritan

Seeing those I want to built an army too...I have some Sigmarines lying around, i think I will habe a try. One question: did you just use the normal arms? Aren't they a bit too small/short/thin?

Seeing those I want to built an army too...I have some Sigmarines lying around, i think I will habe a try. One question: did you just use the normal arms? Aren't they a bit too small/short/thin?

Normal bolter firing arms pretty much fit perfectly with the Stormcast torsos. Pistol arms/melee arms even more so. The only issue would be Devastator arms as they require more precision fitting. That can be alleviated with the new Forgeworld underslung heavy weapons kit though.

http://i.imgur.com/NCuj21U.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5bce2ad.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3LgUwyU.jpg

The Argent Hammer

I know Predators aren't that great on the tabletop, but I really like the model. The plan is to build another Annihilator and then build two Baals, one with Assault Cannons and the other with the Flamestorm Cannon. I also have a Predator Deimos Executioner waiting for me in my closet.

The Argent Hammer

I know Predators aren't that great on the tabletop, but I really like the model. The plan is to build another Annihilator and then build two Baals, one with Assault Cannons and the other with the Flamestorm Cannon. I also have a Predator Deimos Executioner waiting for me in my closet.

In May (either starting on the 1st or the 15th) there will be an inter-fora painting competition on here called E Tenebrae Lux. Any chance some of those (plus others) could be saved and pledged for the Blood Angels' Faction? Our build up thread is here and we'd love to see some more of your work there :)

This method of marine true-scaling would be perfect for the Destroyers or Storm Giants... cool.png

+edit+

Just to be clear here, which Stormcast torsos and legs are you using, exactly? Sorry, I'm really unfamiliar with the line and new models generally and trying to figure it out via google image scouting :P Looks like you're using the Judicator sets, I think?

Very rarely do I see a thread that not only inspires me, but makes me reconsider how I will present my own thread. The best writers and artists make their peers raise their game and make no mistake: you are making me raise my game.

Truly exemplary work. In all aspects.

The Argent Hammer

In May (either starting on the 1st or the 15th) there will be an inter-fora painting competition on here called E Tenebrae Lux. Any chance some of those (plus others) could be saved and pledged for the Blood Angels' Faction? Our build up thread is here and we'd love to see some more of your work there smile.png

I would love to join in!

This method of marine true-scaling would be perfect for the Destroyers or Storm Giants... cool.png

+edit+

Just to be clear here, which Stormcast torsos and legs are you using, exactly? Sorry, I'm really unfamiliar with the line and new models generally and trying to figure it out via google image scouting tongue.png Looks like you're using the Judicator sets, I think?

Judicator and Liberator legs. The torsos are the same for both. The Judicators have a gap in the back of their hip to place arrow quivers, but that can be fixed with green stuff.

Very rarely do I see a thread that not only inspires me, but makes me reconsider how I will present my own thread. The best writers and artists make their peers raise their game and make no mistake: you are making me raise my game.

Truly exemplary work. In all aspects.

Thank you! That means a lot!

Which brings us to my next batch of conversions...

http://i.imgur.com/Ld2io1F.jpg

Devastator Squad Valdorian

http://i.imgur.com/5utc2ho.jpg

Veteran Sergeant Valdorian, The Stalwart Lion

http://i.imgur.com/b3fVEb2.jpg

Brother-Captain Phobor Abraxian, Master of the 5th Company, Hero of Perfidion Gate and Guardian of the Obsidian Reef

There are many qualities that one must possess to be considered as a candidate for a spot among a Space Marine chapter's vaunted captaincy. Some warriors are considered for their fearsome prowess in battle. Others are valued for sheer, obdurate determination. For Phobor Abraxian, it was his simple pragmatism that stood him out in the eyes of his superiors. As captain of the 5th Company, Phobor's tenure has led him to patrol the Obsidian Reef Stars, a galaxy system that is located on the far fringes of the Imperium. Here, local planetary governors cannot count on Imperial support and reinforcements to crises are of often late, should they arrive at all. The crusading force of the Angels Encarmine first swept through these distant worlds two centuries ago and has remained ever since, tied down by constant ork invasions, dark eldar raids, and more recently, Chaos insurrections. It is under these tenuous circumstances that Phobor has thrived. With only a single company to field, Captain Abraxian has nevertheless waged a successful campaign, freeing countless Imperial worlds from the grip of the xeno and heretic.

Just as it was pragmatism that elevated him to company command, it is also pragmatism that assists Phobor's campaign in the Obsidian Stars. The expanse of the Obsidian Reef is simply too large for a single Space Marine company to control. As a result, the 5th Company has been divided into numerous Strike Forces and scattered over dozens of worlds. Each Strike Force is highly independent, often led by a Veteran Sergeant with decades of service to his name. These fast-striking, hard-hitting elements are often more than enough to deal with the enemies they face. The many protracted skirmishes and mini-campaigns these Strike Forces have been involved in have often led them to liaison with local Guard or PDF elements, which has had an unattended consequence that Phobor has nevertheless used to great effect.

More than any other, Captain Abraxian understands that a Space Marine is more than just a superhuman warrior. He is also a force-multiplier when used in the right hands. Normal humans regard Astartes as demi-gods, angels of judgement sent by the Emperor's own hand. Many other chapters would disregard these superstitions but Phobor has implemented them into a core part of his strategy. Where other Space Marine chapters would prefer to operate in secrecy, the warriors of the 5th Company stride into battle in full view of both friend and foe. The sight of encarmine giants warring alongside them has improved the morale of Guardsmen regiments throughout the sector. Trench lines threatening to bend suddenly become unbreakable bastions of defiance when the mere rumor of the Angels Encarmine have landed are passed around the defenders. Overrun bunkers and pill-boxes suddenly blaze with righteous hatred as their occupants fight to the last, all because a few moments ago the vox-channel hailed the coming of the Adeptus Astartes. Across dozens of battlefields, separated by dozens of worlds, Guardsmen stand taller when the rumors of angelic warriors descending from roaring Thunderhawks pass on to their ears. For if there is anything more than the Commissar's pistol these men and women fear, it is to be found wanting under the gaze of the Emperor's Finest. 

And yet not all is right among the Obsidian Reef Stars. Whispers in the dark have pointed out the 5th Company's continuous deviance from the Codex Astartes, how more and more warriors seek out the lightening-spewing beasts of Agrellax to tame for their own, and how the 5th Company's numbers swells far beyond what is allowed in a standard company. It is this last rumor that has recently drawn the attention of the Inquisition...

• 2 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/qRpi1T2.jpg

Indrei Tolemei, Warden of the Lost and Damned

To stare into the face of Indrei Tolemei is to stare into the unblinking visage of death itself. Long years of leading the Death Company has left this once noble warrior in a perpetual morose state. The Reclusiarch has seen novice brother and 1st Company veteran alike fall to the Black Rage and his subsequent guardianship over them has had a profound effect on the once zealous chaplain. Indrei Tolemei no longer roars praises to the Emperor as he charges the foe or sings devotional hymns to sharpen his brothers' focus. His righteous anger has dulled into a cool hatred over the years, but that has done nothing to hamper the chaplain's combat effectiveness. Anger turns into hatred which in turn becomes purpose. It is for those reasons that Captain Phobor still entrusts the Death Company for Tolemei to lead. For shock and awe are the Space Marine's forte, and there is no assault more fearsome than a charge of berserking madmen guided by a cool intellect tempered with hatred. And that is what the foes of the Angels Encarmine fear the most; the sight of Indrei Tolemei advancing silently on their positions, followed by a dozen frothing madmen clad in the blackest of black, screaming for vengeance ten thousand years denied.

• 3 weeks later...

http://i.imgur.com/Pp9xyHw.jpg

With the recent death of Veteran Sergeant Mathael, squad command has fallen to Brother Korissan. The onus of command has come as something of an unpleasant surprise for Korissan, whose gruff demeanor often singles him out among his more noble brothers. To signify his self-believed unworthiness of leading his own squad, Korissan has chosen not to coat the drakescale tabad that hangs below his belt with gold as most Veteran Sergeants of the 5th Company do. This unworthiness does not follow him onto the battlefield however. Wielding a deadly combi-flamer and swinging a Baalite-crafted power axe, Veteran Sergeant Korissan is a fearsome opponent as any to face in close combat or at range.

http://i.imgur.com/uPyiMjB.jpg

The Tactical Marines that consist of the rank and file of an Angels Encarmine battle company are fearless and pragmatic warriors, each capable of adapting to the rapid changing aspects of the battlefield. As a member of Tactical Squad Mathael, Brother Leuthis has honed these traits to exemplary levels. Whether charging enemy positions with combat knife unsheathed or holding the line with boltgun blazing, Leuthis is an unmovable rock amid a sea of humanity's enemies.

http://i.imgur.com/80PS4np.jpg

Brother Amitiel's precision with his boltgun is well-known among the Fifth Company. Possessing of a keener eye than most, Amitiel can put a bolt round through the vision slits of an ork Killa-Klan with effortless ease. His aptitude at ranged warfare has not gone unnoticed by company command. If his proficiency continues, then Amitiel stands to gain acceptance into one of the chapter's vaunted Sternguard Squads.

http://i.imgur.com/7tbTMRj.jpg

Not yet in range of the enemy with his heavy flamer, Brother Dolemon supports his brothers' assault with pinpoint shots from his bolt pistol. Notice the copper tubing that Dolemon has jury-rigged into his weapon apparatus. Long operations in the field requires constant maintenance of Astartes weaponry, and in many situations, materials for said maintenance do not exist. The warriors of the Fifth Company are therefore often forced to repair their combat gear with unsanctioned materials and while this has earned the ire of the Adeptus Mechanicus, the company's command structure consider this a worthy sacrifice if it means prolonged success in the field.

http://i.imgur.com/6havwGc.jpg

By all accounts, position of Veteran Sergeant following Sergeant Mathael's death should have gone to Nelestis Cala, senior member of Tactical Squad Mathael. A rigid adherent to Sanguinius's principles and a flawless warrior on the battlefield, the rest of the company considered his promotion to be all but guaranteed. Captain's Abraxian's choice of Brother Korissan came as a genuine shock to most, but Cala has accepted the decision with grace and humility. If he holds any lingering doubts about Captain Phobor's choice, then he hides it well behind his dark grey eyes. 

http://i.imgur.com/tAfCaJA.jpg

Equipped for close range conditions, Tactical Squad Mathael advances to engage greenskin elements. While Brother Dolemon douses the enemy with burning promethium, his fellow warriors support him with suppressing fire. The Veteran Sergeant, in this case Brother Korissan, is equipped with a combi-flamer in the rare situation that the wall of flame Dolemon created is not sufficient to prevent a counterattack. This tactical configuration has found great success in combating ork elements throughout the worlds the Angels Encarmine guard.

http://i.imgur.com/f8BpxWF.jpg

Unlike other battle-squads in the 5th Company, Vanguard Squad Azyros is not named after a stalwart captain or great hero of the Angels Encarmine but rather a mythical figure revered by the indigenous people of Agrellax. Besides worshiping the God-Emperor of Mankind, the population of this feral world has adopted many totemic idols into their religion. While more puritan elements among the Ecclesiarchy may protest this as heretical, said worship is still well within the bounds of the Imperial Creed provided that the Emperor remains at the top of the Agrellaxian pantheon. Azyros itself is widely depicted as a vast predatory creature in myth, bird-like in appearance and possessing of great raking talons that it uses to terrifying effect as it swoops down upon its foes. It is no wonder then that Veteran Sergeant Lucanis and his battle-brothers were greeted with awe and reverence by the native population when they first set foot upon Agrellax, garlands of energy rippling over their lightening claws. Moved by their faith, Lucanis honored the natives' beliefs by adopting Azyros as the moniker of his Vanguard Squad. 

In battle, the brothers of Vanguard Squad Azyros fall upon the enemy on hissing plumes of fire. Those not pulped beneath descending boots are carved into ribbons by adamantium talons sheathed in lethal power fields. Armor and flesh alike are torn asunder by each powerful strike. Those who are saved by these encarmine warriors recall three distinct sounds before they are delivered from danger. The howling roar of working jump packs. The terrified cries of the doomed enemy. And the strange avian shriek, a noise that could not possibly come from a human or Astartes throat.

Excellent work, but may I ask why you chose to use Ivanus Enkomi's head for the Chaplain of a Blood Angels successor?

http://i.imgur.com/qRpi1T2.jpg

Indrei Tolemei, Warden of the Lost and Damned

To stare into the face of Indrei Tolemei is to stare into the unblinking visage of death itself. Long years of leading the Death Company has left this once noble warrior in a perpetual morose state. The Reclusiarch has seen novice brother and 1st Company veteran alike fall to the Black Rage and his subsequent guardianship over them has had a profound effect on the once zealous chaplain. Indrei Tolemei no longer roars praises to the Emperor as he charges the foe or sings devotional hymns to sharpen his brothers' focus. His righteous anger has dulled into a cool hatred over the years, but that has done nothing to hamper the chaplain's combat effectiveness. Anger turns into hatred which in turn becomes purpose. It is for those reasons that Captain Phobor still entrusts the Death Company for Tolemei to lead. For shock and awe are the Space Marine's forte, and there is no assault more fearsome than a charge of berserking madmen guided by a cool intellect tempered with hatred. And that is what the foes of the Angels Encarmine fear the most; the sight of Indrei Tolemei advancing silently on their positions, followed by a dozen frothing madmen clad in the blackest of black, screaming for vengeance ten thousand years denied.

Thankfully I haven't started building my army yet, and now I may be doing Sigmarines.  The Iconography should work with Dark Angels if tweaked a bit.  Those conversions are seamless.  I want to see this when it's done.

2 and a half questions.

Where did you get the head for Brother-Captain Phobor Abraxian, Master of the 5th Company, Hero of Perfidion Gate and Guardian of the Obsidian Reef?

Any idea how to make the Sigmarines work with Terminators?  How about bikers?

The Stalwart Lion and the Captain are incredible. Love them!

Thank you!

Excellent work, but may I ask why you chose to use Ivanus Enkomi's head for the Chaplain of a Blood Angels successor?

I'm a sucker for crested helms. tongue.png

Thankfully I haven't started building my army yet, and now I may be doing Sigmarines. The Iconography should work with Dark Angels if tweaked a bit. Those conversions are seamless. I want to see this when it's done.

2 and a half questions.

Where did you get the head for Brother-Captain Phobor Abraxian, Master of the 5th Company, Hero of Perfidion Gate and Guardian of the Obsidian Reef?

Any idea how to make the Sigmarines work with Terminators? How about bikers?

The head for Captain Abraxian comes from the Blood Angels Horus Heresy head upgrade kit from Forgeworld.

I haven't found a way to make Terminators. As for bikers, my dracoth riders can count as bikes in a pinch.

Also spent the evening making this guy...

http://i.imgur.com/CzPgcWq.jpg

He was originally from the AoS starter set. One of the Liberator Primes. He'll be leading my second Assault Squad equipped with chain-axes.

As for bikers, my dracoth riders can count as bikes in a pinch.

You'd need more than a pinch of gold to make a unit of bikers from these.

And I can't kitbash them onto a bike easily because the leg is attached to the dragon.  Oh well.  At least I can see how the Angels Encarmine will turn out

Archived