rumor control: dark angels in the wolf book, update

aura_enchanted

I too find it hard to believe. The wulfen I used to know were almost mindless beasts, so A fallen hiding in a pack of Wulfen would be harder than a cat hiding inside a pack of wolves. But now maybe they are like refined english gentlemen, sipping tea , playing cricket and doing some fox hunting for sport.

Maybe the new Wulfen fluff is just: http://glued.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Beauty-and-The-Beast.jpg

But rumors are rumors so I'll just keep the torch and pitchfork in the shed for the time being...

Or mayby like this:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_medium/0/1093/99451-46760-beast.jpg

I too find it hard to believe. The wulfen I used to know were almost mindless beasts, so A fallen hiding in a pack of Wulfen would be harder than a cat hiding inside a pack of wolves. But now maybe they are like refined english gentlemen, sipping tea , playing cricket and doing some fox hunting for sport.

Maybe the new Wulfen fluff is just: http://glued.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Beauty-and-The-Beast.jpg

But rumors are rumors so I'll just keep the torch and pitchfork in the shed for the time being...

How about the Wulfen have returned from the Eye of Terror with the knowledge of what happened in Caliban.

Sammuel and co could be there to silence them, that would be interesting.

DM

I'm not sure wulfen are even able to talk or think in categories other than "what to kill for dinner". So that's rather impossible, but who knows? GW can suprise you in most unpleasent ways. I just hope it's not some continuation of Pandorax bs. when I see Grey knights and Dark Angels mentioned together I expect worse.

I still don't think 40k is going end times at all. They are just advancing some story bits. Like isn't Shrike now chapter master of the raven guard and the named tau ethereal dead? Nothing major as far as advancing the story line to the end. IMHO

I still don't think 40k is going end times at all. They are just advancing some story bits. Like isn't Shrike now chapter master of the raven guard and the named tau ethereal dead? Nothing major as far as advancing the story line to the end. IMHO

he was technically already dead, and shrike was going to be chapter master anyway

How about the Wulfen have returned from the Eye of Terror with the knowledge of what happened in Caliban.

Sammuel and co could be there to silence them, that would be interesting.

DM

Have you seen on BoLs, the DA and the GK get together to hunt down the wulfens...

now we get a glimpse of the plot and it sounds AWESOME:

• Wulfen are appearing all over the Imperium
  • Where they appear, so do Daemonic Incursions, linked in some unknown manner.
  • Logan Grimnar sallies forth from Fenris at the head of acampaign to reunite with the lost brethrin.
  • But the Wulfen are in turn hunted by the GREY KNIGHTS and DARK ANGELS
  • The Alpha Legion are mixed into the whole thing as well.

source: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/02/40k-breaking-guess-who-hunts-the-wulfen.html

Hunting the Wulfen!?

See I nailed it ;-)

DM

I'm loving this. My best buddy (the one who got me into the game) is a space wolves player. Just a question. Can you guys explain to me how campaigns work? Are they full production books or white dwarf? Do they normally come with new rules? Well more like, do you think da will get new rules

Campaign books usually have missions and rules for missions and armies. DA are very unlikely to have rules for them in this launch but you never know.

they dont the content of the first books is only daemons and wolves. IF we get something its the second book set

also once and a while they publish an exclusive mission in white dwarf like in shield of baal where we had special missions for the campaign

I'm not sure wulfen are even able to talk or think in categories other than "what to kill for dinner". So that's rather impossible, but who knows? GW can suprise you in most unpleasent ways. I just hope it's not some continuation of Pandorax bs. when I see Grey knights and Dark Angels mentioned together I expect worse.

Scooby-Doo says different.

The plot looks pretty good. It makes sense for the Wulfen and Daemonic incursions to occur at the same time as the 13th Company escape from the Eye of Terror/Warp, either causing breaches or taking advantage of them. I'd have preferred a straight-up 13th Company in the Eye of Terror campaign sense than seeing them integrated back into the Space Wolves, though.

Interestingly, one of the possible reasons for Leman Russ leaving Fenris and the Imperium was that he was searching for Lion El'Jonson. Perhaps, despite (obviously) not being able to find the Lion, he actually did bump into both the 13th Company and some Fallen Angels and knows about Caliban. The Eye of Terror 13th Company Index Astartes hinted that it seemed that the 13th Company were being controlled by a figurehead, as their appearances strikes were so well-timed ...

If anyone in the Imperium knows anything about the 13th Company (and old WD articles would seem to suggest that the Space Wolves are less secretive about the 13th Company's existence, if not the specifics, than the Dark Angels about the Fallen or the Blood Angles about the Red Thirst, for example), a Space Marine Chapter would be able to put two and two together and realise that their origins, and possibly their current warriors, are from the Heresy or post-Heresy era, which would be one of the most frightening things for the Dark Angels barring Cypher starting a blog.

Not really.

The DA were isolated and kept to themselves even before the heresy. Being around during that time does not mean you would have knowledge of the fallen. It's not like the wolves were hanging out around caliban when it happened.

Unless they were chilling with some Fallen in the warp barring some massive retcon there is no reason to believe that they'd have any knowledge of caliban outside of the official story.

Not really.

The DA were isolated and kept to themselves even before the heresy. Being around during that time does not mean you would have knowledge of the fallen. It's not like the wolves were hanging out around caliban when it happened.

Unless they were chilling with some Fallen in the warp barring some massive retcon there is no reason to believe that they'd have any knowledge of caliban outside of the official story.

In that case the Dark Angels may as well give up the hunt for the Fallen because no-one apart from them and the Fallen know and nobody ever tells anyone else anything, right? tongue.png

You're right, but it's the Eye of Terror and things area little more Wild West out that way, not to mention the 10,000 since the fact and that both the 13th Company and Fallen have been in the Warp for the entire time. Plus the Fallen would, of course, have knowledge of what happened after Caliban and all fluff would point to them doing pretty much nothing but chilling in the Warp barring the odd time they pop up in the Imperium's and Dark Angels' auspices.

I reckon the Dark Angels would be on it like a rocket at even a sniff of an unaccounted for force with direct links to the Heresy era.

Well, DA are also paranoid and will look for information even if there is none to be had. Better safe than sorry.

Exactly! Although I can think of safer places than chasing after S5, FNP monsters who keep fighting after they're dead ...

Spoiler alert... if you don't want anything spoiled don't click on the spoiler tag.

In the new Curse of the Wulfen novel there is a scene early in the piece featuring a DA Master looking into what happened to the scouts he had deployed, they are found slaughtered, and it is implied that the killers were a Wulfen pack (this is implied for the reader as the Master doesn't know what killed them, nor at that stage does he have any knowledge of the Wulfen).

I'm only part way through the book though, so there's bound to be more info I haven't reached yet, but that would certainly begin to explain why the DA would have an interest in the Wulfen.

Thanks for the recent spoiler insights MadDoc and CL. Well it all sounds like its shaping up to be some fun doesn't it? And who doesn't enjoy some good ole' Wolf-baiting eh

...Wat? Is this confirmed? Because if it is, I do not see this ending very well.. for anyone Oo

For the wolves not. The Rock was there! But it was confirmed it was only a mistake.. they thought wulfen were demons...

So how did it all end?

Archived