rumor control: dark angels in the wolf book, update

aura_enchanted

So, from what I can gather, this campaign has the following details:

• Grey Knights and Dark Angels are summoned to Fenris space.
  • The Dark Angels were tricked by a demon who put on an ACME robe
  • The Rock is about twice the size of the moon
  • The Dark Angel fleet could take on a substantial chunk of the Imperial Navy if it wanted to
  • The Dark Angels have opened fire on Fenris and/or Space Wolf assets
  • The 13th Company is now just The Wulfen
  • Throngs of demons are following the Wulfen from the warp
  • For some reason, chaos wants the two space marine chapters most capable of combating chaos forces present for the demonic incursion
  • Fenris is being ripped apart, likely under bombardment by the Dark Angels and/or Grey Knights
I haven't done a lot of really deep reading into the replies in the main rumor thread, but I haven't seen a lot of outrage from Space Wolf players. Naturally they're just rumors, but the campaign is not looking overly good for them. Or for the future of the Imperium in general.

I expected a bit more of a reaction.

Of course, could turn out they are fracking a demon world in that picture and it's the "end result of the campaign to drive the demons back into the eye of terror". Still, I figured there would be more unhappy pups.

I'm OK with the fluff so far. The DA and SWs obviously team up at some point based on some of the images in the book. (At least two that Iv'e seen from the rumor threads). I personally think that Azrael would seek Logan out before commencing bombardment. It is not trivial for a founding chapter to be bombarded/invaded even if is another chapter without the consent of the Lords of Terra or =][=. Perhaps this is jus to pacify some of the defense weapons as we wolves are known for shooting first when people invade our space. I'll wait for it to fully play out before getting upset. I've read the book and I'm generally OK so far with what's been said, just have an issue with what writing style(it sucks).

So, from what I can gather, this campaign has the following details:

• Grey Knights and Dark Angels are summoned to Fenris space.
  • The Dark Angels were tricked by a demon who put on an ACME robe
  • The Rock is about twice the size of the moon
  • The Dark Angel fleet could take on a substantial chunk of the Imperial Navy if it wanted to
  • The Dark Angels have opened fire on Fenris and/or Space Wolf assets
  • The 13th Company is now just The Wulfen
  • Throngs of demons are following the Wulfen from the warp
  • For some reason, chaos wants the two space marine chapters most capable of combating chaos forces present for the demonic incursion
  • Fenris is being ripped apart, likely under bombardment by the Dark Angels and/or Grey Knights
I haven't done a lot of really deep reading into the replies in the main rumor thread, but I haven't seen a lot of outrage from Space Wolf players. Naturally they're just rumors, but the campaign is not looking overly good for them. Or for the future of the Imperium in general.

I expected a bit more of a reaction.

Of course, could turn out they are fracking a demon world in that picture and it's the "end result of the campaign to drive the demons back into the eye of terror". Still, I figured there would be more unhappy pups.

I'm OK with the fluff so far. The DA and SWs obviously team up at some point based on some of the images in the book. (At least two that Iv'e seen from the rumor threads). I personally think that Azrael would seek Logan out before commencing bombardment. It is not trivial for a founding chapter to be bombarded/invaded even if is another chapter without the consent of the Lords of Terra or =][=. Perhaps this is jus to pacify some of the defense weapons as we wolves are known for shooting first when people invade our space. I'll wait for it to fully play out before getting upset. I've read the book and I'm generally OK so far with what's been said, just have an issue with what writing style(it sucks).

According to the fluff, he's told directly by the changer to fire, and he does so without even communicating with the space wolves at any level.

The Changling is just impersonating some vox operator. Azreal gives the order to fire because the system is chaos infested, and the space wolves seem to be protecting the their "corrupted" brothers. I only read the screenshot earlier in this thread so I don't know how the Changling tricked them, but he is just watching the order, not giving it.

a friend at my local store bought the supplement. there's a whole codex worth of new formations for space wolves. we also played a 1250 match with him using proxies for counts-as wulfen and boy do they hurt when you mess up and get charged by them dry.png butchered a DWK squad and my DWC w/ libby too. giving them Hit&Run (sammy?) would be hilarious when paired with that new axe's ability

Guys, Im saying this for both of our chapters - writing in this book made us like morons...Not just morons, ultra morons who's commanders are like burnt out servitors with butcher nails...There is no structure of command, and writing is more suited for some warband shenaningans rather than a founding chapters and GK...Our honor duels will become honour facepalms after this I tell you...

>Russ returned.
>Lion woke up.
>Declaring cease-fire, both Primarchs led the Imperium in defeating the Chaos menace
>After the campaign ended, both Lion and Russ started to hurl insults at each other and proceeded to beat each other up, much to the shock of Imperial forces there...

Guys, Im saying this for both of our chapters - writing in this book made us like morons...Not just morons, ultra morons who's commanders are like burnt out servitors with butcher nails...There is no structure of command, and writing is more suited for some warband shenaningans rather than a founding chapters and GK...Our honor duels will become honour facepalms after this I tell you...

Having read it I wouldn't go that far. As stated, there is just not a lot of substance to the writing. It's too rushed, which does not allow for detailed description of why everything is happening. Too much to describe in a limited space. It's all skeleton and no juicy meats.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, yes, the space wolves would notice. Dark Angels, even mutated, would never be able to hide among wulfen. Even if the robes and black armor didn't give them away to searching DA, the wulfen would know immediately that the the fallen are not one of them.

It's not like the wulfen are a bunch of fenrisian penguins that heard around and are oblivious to things in their midst. And as far as I know, they aren't very kind to outsiders.

Please, correct me if I am mistaken- do not Woven have elongated canines ?

"The Wulfen were remarkably hirsute, even by Space Wolves standards, and their canine teeth grew into large dagger-like fangs."

That would make anybody with less... doggy face so to speak stand out a bit.

http://www.40kings.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IMG-20160128-WA0009.jpg

I don't know fallen could hide in that...

The Fallen do hide...in the Wulfens' stomachs

Archived