[HH1.0] Blood Angels Tactica - Assault Cannons For Days

The Unseen

I was thinking of just tossing the vets in a dreadclaw, as it stands, it's cheaper than it used to be, and just keep sniper for hand flamer goodness, then a second close combat melta squad also in a dreadclaw, then a cortus or levie in ddp for some extra punch for the 2 unit drop turn 1. My only concern is what to put on the board to keep all of that alive.

I'm seriously considering a Baal malcador or two, simply because it would be awesome.

Would they survive though? Or just be priority targets?

Give them Flare Shields and Armored Ceramite, and yeah, they'll stay up.

Its pricey at 55 points each tank, but I think its worth it.

It's a little over 1k points for 6 nasty large blast templates and what... 9 or so assault cannons?

In the scheme of it, pretty good!

Good mobility options too letting you surge forward and still shoot the battle cannons. Mobile shield wall haha.

With the improvement Veterans have seen, how are we all feeling about Nuncio-vox squads starting on the field for accurate deep-strike in a DoR list?

Maybe for drop pods and flyers that come in later, but everything with a jump pack is coming in turn one.

I'm seriously considering a Baal malcador or two, simply because it would be awesome.

Would they survive though? Or just be priority targets?

Give them Flare Shields and Armored Ceramite, and yeah, they'll stay up.

Its pricey at 55 points each tank, but I think its worth it.

Just checked that as a double take, wow have you ever seen a malcador wall I Built? They are the best malcador walls honestly, you've never seems a better malcador wall in your life, the shield wall just got one malcador bigger I tell you.

Took me way too long to figure out what you guys were talking about... Baal Malcodors sound delicious though, if only you could get Malcador Defenders and they had the option to swap all the heavy bolters for heavy flamers!

Thought, can twin linked heavy flamers be upgraded to twin linked assault cannons?
Ie, can my spartan have a TL-AC instead of the heavy bolters that it comes with?

Took me way too long to figure out what you guys were talking about... Baal Malcodors sound delicious though, if only you could get Malcador Defenders and they had the option to swap all the heavy bolters for heavy flamers!

You're talking about a tank with 7 assault cannons there.
Gonna be pretty hard to keep track of all the jams.

Edited by m0nolith

Well I feel silly, I confused the Malcador with the Mastodon. Too many new names that are all similar, so my bad. But yeah, a mastadon sounds perfect. I'd rather take a fellblade than 2 malcadors, even if they are superior. The fellblade looks to damn awesome.

Ive run a pair of Malcadors with 2 cannons and flamers in my Alpha Legion a lot as assault tanks, they can do a lot of damage but die in every battle, which used to haemorrhage a ridiculous number of VPs, looking forward to trying them as a HS slot though!

Ah but alphas didn't have assault cannons!

A friend plays them in a kreig army, and says the same. Although his infernus makes it a priority target.

Still, it would be lovely to get that armour on the board. I am thinking or knocking up a list using DOR but not exclusively concentrating on jump packs, rather, to use them to augment a force deployed on the board.

Also makes surviving a t1 with only a las vindi better.

• 2 weeks later...

Missile launchers are pretty crappy on vets. Sure you can go the +1 to pen skill, but that's a but poop still for the points.

It's mostly just to give you two more anti-transport shots out of the top of the Rhino before you're in rapid fire range. Works better with Alpha Legion for tank hunter or Dark Angels with stasis missiles, of course. The frag templates are actually still quite potent with Sniper, as they net you as many or more opportunities for Rending Hits as heavy bolters, at a much longer range.  Plasma guns are probably the "best" option for most veterans, though, being cheaper, better against vehicles, and being guaranteed AP2 hits for dealing with Sgts and those precision shots at Apothecaries. With all Blood Angels wounding others on at least a 3+, I'd stick with their battle paradigm of flamers and melta-guns.