[HH1.0] Black Shields Tactica

exsanguis

Been a while since I looked, but aren't Chaplains specifically listed as unavailable to Blackshields?

Chaplains are available to anyone except the Orphans of War. Ironically enough, Blackshields can even take a Delegatus, a Primarch's proxy. 

This time a chymeriae (option 1: S5 T5 I3) 2k list, bear with me :P

++Thunder Warriors++

+Reaver Lord: Thunder hammer, bike, rad-g, halo, cyber-senpai, AA, digi-las, MB - 235

+Apothecarion detach: 2x apoth, 2x augury scanner, pariah armour - 100
+Apothecarion detach: 1x, bike, 1x augury scanner - 70

+Marauder squad: 15 marauders, pariah bolters, pariah armour, chainaxes, 2x meltagun, PF - 320
+Marauder squad: 15 marauders, pariah bolters, pariah armour, chainaxes, 2x meltagun, PF - 320
+Marauder squad: 10 marauders, 2x meltagun, pariah armour, chainaxes, dreadclaw - 330

+Outrider squad: 9 outriders, Sgt, MB, 3x power axes - 320

+Leviathan dread: cyclonic melta lance, CCW, phosphex - 305

2000 pts

No transports for most of them makes it a rough go unless you're playing Zone Mortalis. Instead of the Reaver, I would take Haar so you can at least get the foot-slogging units a scout move.  Just remember he will have to footslog with them since he has to be in play to use his trait for some silly reason.

Edited by Terminus

If I drop a couple of things (3 bikers and a PW, the reaver's MB, the biker medic) still can fit Haar but that would hurt me. Other option might be changing the Reaver for a Forge Lord (pretty much same loadout) and get some points free but still 10 pts short.

+EDIT+

Figured it out.

++Thunder Warriors++

+Haar - 185

+Forge Lord: Thunder hammer, bike, rad-g, refractor, cyber-senpai, AA - 160

+Apothecarion detach: 2x apoth, 2x augury scanner, pariah armour - 100
+Apothecarion detach: 1x, bike, 1x augury scanner - 70

+Marauder squad: 14 marauders, pariah bolters, pariah armour, chainaxes, 2x meltagun, PF - 306 Haar goes here
+Marauder squad: 10 marauders, 2x meltagun, pariah armour, chainaxes, dreadclaw - 330

+Outrider squad: 6 outriders, Sgt, MB, 3x power axes - 220

+Leviathan dread: cyclonic melta lance, CCW, phosphex - 305

1996 pts

The bike section is not as strong as before with less bodies and punch with the lack of the S10 T6 2+/3++ Reaver but I guess it can still do the job.

Edited by Maximvs

• 1 month later...

2v2 coming up, 1k points per player.  Thinking of running this and see what my partner can do...

Chymeriae

Praevian - Artificer armour, refractor field, power axe, cortex controller

-2x Castellax - Darkfire and power blades, frag grenades

9 Man Marauder squad - chainaxes

5 man marauder squad chainaxes

Leviathan Dread - Grav flux and Storm Cannon

or

Chymeriae

9 Man Marauder squad - chainaxes - Dreadclaw

Sicaran Tank - ceramite

Praevian is a Support Officer, so he can't be your Compulsory HQ. Might want to change that before I make any other suggestions! :wink:

ooops......

998pts

Chymeriae

Master of Armour

-Sicaran w/ceramite

9 Man Marauder squad - chainaxes - Dreadclaw

seems a bit light, but it is a 2v2 game.  Idk though, thoughts?

That's what I get for looking at battlescribe and not the book.

Last try...

Chymeriae

Blackshield Reaver Lord

9 Man Marauder squad - chainaxes

Sicaran Tank - ceramite

Had to drop the dreadclaw

Not bad! Though I think that 5 man squad is very small and not going to achieve anything.

Previans are awesome but most of your points are tied up in the Lord and the Previans +bots.

Yeah, just trying to find a good, decently hitting 1k list to run.  It being a 2v2 gives me a bit more leeway I suppose.  My teammate might be running cult milita, not sure.

I might equal out the marauder squads as much as possible.  

I've had a surprising amount of success with this Outlanders list. 

HQ: Nemean Reaver - 180
HQ: Damocles Command Rhino - 100
Elite: 5x Terminators with combi-plasmas, powerfists/1 chainfist - 240
Elite: 5x Terminators with combi-meltas, powerfists/1 chainfist - 240
Elite: 2x Apothecaries in artificer armor - 110
Troops: 8x Marauders with shotguns, chainaxes, powerfist, rad grenades, nuncio vox - 213
Troops: 9x Marauders with shotguns, chainaxes, powerfist, rad grenades, nuncio vox - 226
Fast Attack: 6x Seekers, combi-plasmas, Sgt with artificer armor - 245
Fast Attack: Dreadclaw - 115
Heavy Support: Deredeo - 220
Heavy Support: Whirlwind - 115
Heavy Support: Deimos Laser Destroyer - 130

Reaver, Apothecaries, and Marauders are in the dreadclaws, all the other infantry deep strikes.  The list is pretty sturdy if it loses turn one, having only AV13 targets to present to the enemy, with judicious use of cover and LOS blocking.  With only three rhino hulls to cover, the Deredeo can cover most approaches, although definitely a deep strike heavy list will hurt these gunline elements if they get the drop on you.

Turn two usually involves the Reaver squad charging something and at least 2 terminator squads dropping down using the Deimos or nuncio vox for accuracy.  It did struggle when I let my friend use my Skorr Coils list and he stacked -2 to reserves so  my reinforcements were a bit of a crap shoot even with the Deimos helping.  It worked out though with the Marauders doing a surprisingly brutal job (I guess shouldn't be surprising with rad grenades and chainaxes, but still...).

I've had a surprising amount of success with this Outlanders list. 

HQ: Nemean Reaver - 180

HQ: Damocles Command Rhino - 100

Elite: 5x Terminators with combi-plasmas, powerfists/1 chainfist - 240

Elite: 2x Apothecaries in artificer armor - 110

Troops: 8x Marauders with shotguns, chainaxes, powerfist, rad grenades, nuncio vox - 213

Troops: 9x Marauders with shotguns, chainaxes, powerfist, rad grenades, nuncio vox - 226

Fast Attack: 6x Seekers, combi-plasmas, Sgt with artificer armor - 245

Heavy Support: Deredeo - 220

Heavy Support: Whirlwind - 115

Heavy Support: Deimos Laser Destroyer - 130

Reaver, Apothecaries, and Marauders are in the dreadclaws, all the other infantry deep strikes.  The list is pretty sturdy if it loses turn one, having only AV13 targets to present to the enemy, with judicious use of cover and LOS blocking.  With only three rhino hulls to cover, the Deredeo can cover most approaches, although definitely a deep strike heavy list will hurt these gunline elements if they get the drop on you.

Turn two usually involves the Reaver squad charging something and at least 2 terminator squads dropping down using the Deimos or nuncio vox for accuracy.  It did struggle when I let my friend use my Skorr Coils list and he stacked -2 to reserves so  my reinforcements were a bit of a crap shoot even with the Deimos helping.  It worked out though with the Marauders doing a surprisingly brutal job (I guess shouldn't be surprising with rad grenades and chainaxes, but still...).

could you scale that list down to 2k please?

thanks in advance if you feel like taking the time to do so.

Sure, I can whip something up! A lot of the army is still a work in progress and during tactical assessment leaned heavily on proxies (I haven't even decided 100% on what to use for Marauders... I want to use Reavers but that's a lot of iconography that may or may not work).  These guys are priority one on painting table, so they should be ready for their moment of glory shortly. :P

Sure, I can whip something up! A lot of the army is still a work in progress and during tactical assessment leaned heavily on proxies (I haven't even decided 100% on what to use for Marauders... I want to use Reavers but that's a lot of iconography that may or may not work). These guys are priority one on painting table, so they should be ready for their moment of glory shortly. :P

Looking forward to seeing them Terminus :D could you PM me some decent third party Quad Mortars too haha?