[HH1.0] Black Shields Tactica

exsanguis

"It's being said" is very vague. What's the source? And is this consistent among all the versions of the new Core book?

In the weapon profile and the summary page in the physical book, both have Chainaxes as +1S.

If it were a typo surely it would be different on each page?

Same in the eBook. Can't speak for the "enhanced" version.

*edit*

Also, praise Khorne there's actually a freakin' summary page at the end of the book. Nothing more frustrating than flipping around for 10 years trying to find a profile.

Edited by Venomlust

Apologies I had been told that Garro had said that it was a typo but I cannot find the quote and as the physical book has the increase in St it looks pretty solid, back to maiming people with axes

^I dunno dude, the Blackshields' Chymeriae (or the overall Wrought by War) doesn't specifically say it only affects Legiones Astartes units, that I can find. 

Cymeriae affects "all units in the effected detachment"

Why wouldn't the automata be part of the detachment if the Praevian is? 

S7T8 Castellax is a hilarious concept. Better yet, Heavy Support Thallaxi that are no longer scared of Str10 templates. 

Edited by Flint13

^I dunno dude, the Blackshields' Chymeriae (or the overall Wrought by War) doesn't specifically say it only affects Legiones Astartes units, that I can find. 

S7T8 Castellax is a hilarious concept. Better yet, Heavy Support Thallaxi that are no longer scared of Str10 templates. 

Hmm, hadn't realized that the Techmarines' Automata would possibly have access to the bonus too... Note that it right off makes for a broken unit afaik, but it is interesting nonetheless.

Hmmm, I think you're very right. Surprised this has been overlooked for so long! S/T7 or WS/BS5 on Vorax could be mean, too. Or Fear & Rage on heavy chainblade Thallaxii.

Kind of supported by the entry of the reanimated Castellax on p.75, the one that was part of the zombie-marine/Keys of Hel forces in the Xana conflict. It's a zombot.

I'll come right out and say I'd be surprised that's RAI... I believe I'm fairly open minded about what I let my oponents bring to the table, but I'd be thinking twice about playing against this :unsure.:

I'll come right out and say I'd be surprised that's RAI... I believe I'm fairly open minded about what I let my oponents bring to the table, but I'd be thinking twice about playing against this :unsure.:

Don't play against it then, just get on to the Black (Shield) Side and play with it instead! :ph34r.:

Why would it be a huge issue? It's just one more cool thing that affects half a handful of units that you can play against or try out against an opponent.

Plus its hilarious and makes for a super interesting narrative.

A bunch of Iron Hands go rogue and Dark Mech up themselves and the Automata in their cyber motor pool.

Edited by Flint13