[HH1.0] Black Shields Tactica

exsanguis

Sure, I can whip something up! A lot of the army is still a work in progress and during tactical assessment leaned heavily on proxies (I haven't even decided 100% on what to use for Marauders... I want to use Reavers but that's a lot of iconography that may or may not work).  These guys are priority one on painting table, so they should be ready for their moment of glory shortly. :P

I'll wait for the glory. ;)

Sure, I can whip something up! A lot of the army is still a work in progress and during tactical assessment leaned heavily on proxies (I haven't even decided 100% on what to use for Marauders... I want to use Reavers but that's a lot of iconography that may or may not work).  These guys are priority one on painting table, so they should be ready for their moment of glory shortly. :tongue.:

Can't wait, your tactical advice is amazing and its always good seeing Black Shield armies :biggrin.: (also ends up being inspiration as well)

Alrighty, I think I have this where I want it to be.  But see what you all think.

994pts out of 1k

Chymarie

Reaver Lord - Refractor Field, Digital Lasers, Rad Grenades, Power weapon (maybe a maul?)

Praevian

---2x Castellax - MultiMeltas, Power Blades, Pariah Flamers, Target Arrays, Frag

5 Man marauder squad - Chainaxes

7 Man marauder squad - Chainaxes (Reaver Lord goes here)

Sicaran battle tank

2v2 partner is most likely bringin militia, so bodies and some tanks.  Its my usual partner and we tend to work well together.  Jetbikes are always are bane...so the pariah flamers and sicaran should help out there.  Thoughts?

I like the idea - I just really struggle to see how 5 Marauders are going to get anything done. Even with T5 they're just walking/ running and going to get nuked in seconds.

I'd even perhaps opt for a Dreadclaw for a single decent sized marauder squad and then a small unit with a heavy/ special weapon in a Rhino for the second, dropping the Sicaran.

I like the idea - I just really struggle to see how 5 Marauders are going to get anything done. Even with T5 they're just walking/ running and going to get nuked in seconds.

I'd even perhaps opt for a Dreadclaw for a single decent sized marauder squad and then a small unit with a heavy/ special weapon in a Rhino for the second, dropping the Sicaran.

So my teammate is going to run a lot of bodies, and they end up being non-scoring.  So the marauders will be our only scoring.  Pretty sure it'll be a modified maelstrom game.  Sicaran's tracking ability to allow no jink saves is what will help us overcome our usual downfall of jetbikes jinking all over creation.

Alrighty, I think I have this where I want it to be. But see what you all think.

994pts out of 1k

Chymarie

Reaver Lord - Refractor Field, Digital Lasers, Rad Grenades, Power weapon (maybe a maul?)

Praevian

---2x Castellax - MultiMeltas, Power Blades, Pariah Flamers, Target Arrays, Frag

5 Man marauder squad - Chainaxes

7 Man marauder squad - Chainaxes (Reaver Lord goes here)

Sicaran battle tank

2v2 partner is most likely bringin militia, so bodies and some tanks. Its my usual partner and we tend to work well together. Jetbikes are always are bane...so the pariah flamers and sicaran should help out there. Thoughts?

The praevian and reaver lord seem like quite a big investment in your points especially in a small point games X having mauraders in such small size squads is a real bad idea as they will be easily dealt with especially since they have limited mobility.

If you are wanting Automata then your best bet is a ForgeLord with cortex controller who isn't a support officer so you can take them as a heavy choice (though they won't benefit from the chymeriae rule). Id also look at investing in an assault squad (hand Flamers for the win) then that way you have a squad with good mobility (well better than small sized foot slogging maurader squads at least) but they are more expensive (195 for ten man squad with 2 hand Flamers) though dropping both praevian and reaver for forge lord with cortex controller (plus rad grenades, power weapon and some inv sv) you should easily have more points to bulk out your troop choices or invest in some transports

Edited by teutonicavenger

So my teammate is going to run a lot of bodies, and they end up being non-scoring.  So the marauders will be our only scoring.  Pretty sure it'll be a modified maelstrom game.  Sicaran's tracking ability to allow no jink saves is what will help us overcome our usual downfall of jetbikes jinking all over creation.

Yeah I see what you mean, but you just have no bodies. Those 5 marauders will have zero impact on the game I'm afraid.

Like TA said above, the Reaver Lord (who is good, but overcosted) and the Previan with bots are incredibly points heavy for what they bring.

Hi guys and I need your help :smile.:
Between I am choosing what I want to play in the Heresy ( Blackshields / IH or WE )

Actual I think I will start Blackshields cause rule of cool :wink:

However there is a big BUT

I already purchased:

2 B@C Boxes
1 Deimos Rhino
1 Anvillus pattern Dreadclaw
1 Cybot Drop-Pod
1 Contemptor Dreadnought
1 Leviathan Dreadnought
1 Laser Destroyer Vindicator
1 MK3 Techmarine

So the journey will begin BUT I have to ask you guys,

what do you think, can is use this Stuff?

What would you put in this damn Dreadclaw?

And how the hell do you play your HQ where do you set it in and what do you do with them?

Best regards

Edited by Breakthrough

Since I mentioned it does anyone used black shield assault marines thinking of converting up a mutated Chymeriae assault squad and wondering if they are any good as I never really used jump troops before but the fact they are troops and quite mobile compared to a foot slogging squad it makes them seem interesting

@Breakthrough - you have a pretty good assortment of stuff there!

Dreadclaws are best for assault units - so you could run a nice unit of Marauders and a Forge lord (using the techamrine) inside it, tooled up with Rad Grenades and chainaxes etc. With chimerae traits, you'll be wounding enemy marines in 2+ in combat, causing instant death!

You then have the Dread pod for the Leviathan.

I'd then go for one more Drop pod so that you can land two on turn one.

Since I mentioned it does anyone used black shield assault marines thinking of converting up a mutated Chymeriae assault squad and wondering if they are any good as I never really used jump troops before but the fact they are troops and quite mobile compared to a foot slogging squad it makes them seem interesting

T5 Chimera Assault Marines are damn fine. Especially with a jump apothecary in them. Only a Typhon and Vindicator will give them real pause.

Thx Charlo :smile.:

I am just wondering about one point:

"Dreadclaws are best for assault units - so you could run a nice unit of Marauders and a Forge lord (using the techamrine) inside it,"

The Dradclaw has just room for 10 Members so how could i do this :smile.:

No problemo.

Marauders are minimum squad size of 5!

So get 8, a sergeant and a forge lord all inside the claw easily.

You'll even be able to get a special weapon/ power weapon the squad too.

Ahh, it's the world eaters character.

One issue I am running into is why would you take maurauder squads over assault squads. At 20 mans they are the same price while for a 5 man the maurauder up front cost is pretty high. I think the native chain axes and +1 attack are pretty good but does it make up for not moving 12 a turn?

Do you build them withe the ability to shoot? Or just assume they are going to run.

At a loss since I am not sure of the meta for 30k and how often assault occurs. Are the missions similar to 30k and thus having a lot of troops is really important or will I just get blown off the table

Edited by leth

Ahh, it's the world eaters character.

One issue I am running into is why would you take maurauder squads over assault squads. At 20 mans they are the same price while for a 5 man the maurauder up front cost is pretty high. I think the native chain axes and +1 attack are pretty good but does it make up for not moving 12 a turn?

Do you build them withe the ability to shoot? Or just assume they are going to run.

At a loss since I am not sure of the meta for 30k and how often assault occurs. Are the missions similar to 30k and thus having a lot of troops is really important or will I just get blown off the table

Because Marader squads have a lot of good options (chainaxes included) and can go inside assault Transports.

Head over to the WE thread to see how good their Inductii are - with the right Wrought by War, Marauders are Inductii on Steroids.

Assault is a huge part of 30k as there are a lot more, reliable, assault transports available (Dreadclaw, Spartan, Stormeagle, Land Raiders).

So taking the Stormlord Blackshield Pain Train to the max:

• Stormlord
  • 1x10 Pariah Flamer Plasma Support Squad
  • 1x10 Pariah flamer squad
  • 1 Apothecaries with Augery scanner(goes with plasma)
  • Fill the rest with something punchy

20 models can fire from the troop bay. So anything that tries to deepstrike gets fried. I mean maybe plasmaguns would be better, but I have a thing for torrent flamers. Dream shattered, thanks FW.

Also I reread the Augery Scanner rules. Did it get changed to fire in the shooting phase? Isn't interceptor normally at the end of the movement? The wording says they may fire in the shooting phase as if they had interceptor. But when? First? Last? Does it even function RAW?

Wait I reread it again, only Rapid Fire and Heavy Weapons get it? FW, why are you so complicated? Time to check the HH Rules board...

Edited by Nusquam

Ahh okay, I just see all of those and all I think is "too much grav and D weapons" but I guess that is not a thing in 30k

So do you guys think that 20 mans or 15 mans are the way to go? With 15 mans you can fit characters in the units with the transports but that extra upfront cost seems like a lot.

I already own a storm eagle as a transport, not sure what else is good. Spartans seem pretty good but I know that in 3k I will always run a mastadon because I love that model lol

I was also thinking marksmen veterans wi parish flamers could be fun as well. Benefitting from sniper so they wound on 4+ and 6s are ap2

Edited by leth

Ahh okay, I just see all of those and all I think is "too much grav and D weapons" but I guess that is not a thing in 30k

So do you guys think that 20 mans or 15 mans are the way to go? With 15 mans you can fit characters in the units with the transports but that extra upfront cost seems like a lot.

I already own a storm eagle as a transport, not sure what else is good. Spartans seem pretty good but I know that in 3k I will always run a mastadon because I love that model lol

I was also thinking marksmen veterans wi parish flamers could be fun as well. Benefitting from sniper so they wound on 4+ and 6s are ap2

What Wrought by War trait are you using???  as you could always go outlander for the ability to deep strike most of your force plus have rad grenades on characters so you could take large squads and deep strike them in for no extra cost (though be careful of the risks using the trait)