[HH1.0] White Scars Tactica

Ironwithout

With Jaghatai finally getting his (pedestrian) model released, I doubt I will be the only person asking this question:

What's the "best" way to use the Khan Afoot?

He can't join Ebon Keshig (no one can).

He can't go in Chogorian Brotherhood since he must be Warlord and the WL in Chogorian must be on a scimitar jetbike (which even Khan's bike version is not on a scimitar derp derp). 

How would other people use him?

Primarch's Chosen or Pride of the Legion perhaps, and just spam Machinekiller or Weaponmaster Vets/Ebon Keshig? That would be a decisively NOT bike-heavy variant.

Weaponmaster vets seem like a great option, command squad tooled for close combat, tartaros terminators, heck even sticking him in with Qin Xa and his accompanying Keshig command squad could all be good choices too.

With Jaghatai finally getting his (pedestrian) model released, I doubt I will be the only person asking this question:

What's the "best" way to use the Khan Afoot?

He can't join Ebon Keshig (no one can).

He can't go in Chogorian Brotherhood since he must be Warlord and the WL in Chogorian must be on a scimitar jetbike (which even Khan's bike version is not on a scimitar derp derp).

How would other people use him?

Primarch's Chosen or Pride of the Legion perhaps, and just spam Machinekiller or Weaponmaster Vets/Ebon Keshig? That would be a decisively NOT bike-heavy variant.

Depends what flavor of fast you want.

Recon Company might not be so bad of a choice. Khan lets everything with LA Scout so easy access to that buff from the RoW. The native +1 to sieze from their LA:WS + reroll to seize from the RoW gives you really good odds at going first.

Take some Falcon's Claws with Cyber Hawks for your LA:WS bois to get reroll 1s to shooting and perform some deployment shenanigans with their 18" Scout move and infiltrate. They also have Cameleolines for Stealth so with RC they'll get both Stealth and Shrouded for a decent save out in the open (Unless Ignore Cover lmao) and all have LCs baseline for your PA mulching needs.

A squad of 10 with no other upgrades is also cheaper than a 10 man Recon Squad which is funny.

Sadly, no Termies in Recon Company though.

Cyber Hawks do let you capitalize on combi-vets by making them more efficient and the plasma falvored ones less likely to self-destruct.

You uh, don't get the +1 to seize with jaghatai lol.

• 5 months later...

Uh ya, so golden keshig are still really bad. They pay a lot of points to kill a vehicle on the charge; I say this because need to another 10 for power weapons and lost the T5. For 50 points a model. WS 5 really isn't enough to let them take advantage of hit and run.

Ironically, ebon are great and their rite is incredible. You can make a very interesting foot scars list as a result.

Power glaives ate a nerf no one was surprised to see, but it's unfortunate given the state of golden keshig.

Qin Xa letting your entire deepstrike or outflank auto come in is very nice. Largely unchanged from that.

I don't even know how to look at speeders any more.

I was waiting for years for scars to have their rules cleaned up from all the broken mechanics of malevolence. But its not looking great from this stage in the beta.

With Ebon Keshig becoming troops under Sagyar Mazan, the most difficult White Scars sculpt to cram into a list will be the Leviathan Dreadnought.

• It can't be used in Chogorian Brotherhood, as it only allows flyers in the :HS: slot. But this was to be expected.

• It cannot however, be fielded under Sagyar Mazan either because the second RoW is even more restrictive: no Heavy Support can be taken at all.

Where does that leave the Scars Leviathan? Well, using vanilla Rites of War. Of those that synergize well with the Vth, I can only think of Recon Company: two recons troops and one seeker, acting as vanguard spotters to drop the big chonker in a pod.