Preparing for Astronomi-con 2016

Gotta say, love those Dataslates. They are just aces.

Me three, those are awesome. Any chance you'd share the template?

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to attend and we weren't able to do our Inquisitorial fist-bump picture. Maybe in 2017?

Sounds like your experience with the almost 500 point hand-to-hand warband was similar to mine at Astro 2016. I'm glad you had fun, which in my experience is something you can always say about Astro win or lose. Sounds like the battles were close affairs. When I played field of screams table I was the foolhardy one charging across the table while my opponent hugged the table edge shooting me. The Marine ability to combat-squad single-handedly won my opponent that particular battle since he seperated the combat squads on opposite sides of the table.

Gotta say, love those Dataslates. They are just aces.

Me three, those are awesome. Any chance you'd share the template?

I'm really sorry I wasn't able to attend and we weren't able to do our Inquisitorial fist-bump picture. Maybe in 2017?

I've tried uploading the powerpoint template, but B&C doesn't accept that file type.  It would be pretty easy to replicate:

• I opened up the Deathwatch Datasheet in PDF...
  • ...then clicked on each of the image elements that I needed (i.e., the HQ/Elite/Fa symbol; blue stat-line box; the background) and copy-pasted into powerpoint.
  • The rest I re-created in Powerpoint itself, or did a screenshot-and-crop around anything else I needed (e.g., the Deathwatch Faction symbol).
  • Then it's just piecing and layering it all together in Powerpoint, which is clunky but easy enough to use.  If there is anything from the background that's poking through that I don't like, I just create a box in PPT, fill it with solid white, and boom, done.
  • When it's all done, just save as PDF or an image file as needed.

Someone with Photoshop skills or a proper PDF editor could certainly do it better.  But if anyone wants a copy of my Powerpoint template, just message me and I'll email it to you.

@Nicodemus: Perhaps November 26-27?  Astro will be back hosting a new narrative campaign weekend format.  I'm hopeful I will attend - depends how family life goes, and possibly whether or not the Argos make the Grey Cup final (November 27!)

Thanks for the heads up on November ... I hadn't seen that mentioned on the Astro website or Facebook page. Makes me wonder when/if they're going to do an Astro Winnipeg though.

I hope the Argos don't make the Cup to increase our chances of meeting.

Archived