Black Shields - Loyality unknown (ideas collection)

Atia

Now, as a departure from its intended use, I think this list could work very well to represent the various Tech-Barbarians of Old Night. Albian Ironsides, Caucasian Ur-Khasis, Ur:cusse whatevers… crappy or unstable weapons, pariah "Mk1" power armor, and Chymeria genetic unstability. Ooooh, dreams.

I would argue that is within the intended use. The Blackshields are supposed to represent all of the various "Astartes-like" forces that popped in the Heresy, but had no clear allegiances. Thunder Warriors and techno-barbarians who survived to the Heresy? Would definitely fit the bill in my opinion.

Now, as a departure from its intended use, I think this list could work very well to represent the various Tech-Barbarians of Old Night. Albian Ironsides, Caucasian Ur-Khasis, Ur:cusse whatevers… crappy or unstable weapons, pariah "Mk1" power armor, and Chymeria genetic unstability. Ooooh, dreams.

I would argue that is within the intended use. The Blackshields are supposed to represent all of the various "Astartes-like" forces that popped in the Heresy, but had no clear allegiances. Thunder Warriors and techno-barbarians who survived to the Heresy? Would definitely fit the bill in my opinion.

Looking at the Armies of Dark Compliance thread again, I think with book VI we can perfectly play an Unification-era force, be it Imperial or Barbarian.

Seriously, we need Heathens back.

Looking at the Armies of Dark Compliance thread again, I think with book VI we can perfectly play an Unification-era force, be it Imperial or Barbarian.

Seriously, we need Heathens back.

We must summon him like Captain Planet; Fluff! Paint! Conversions! Beer!... errrrmm... what was the last one again? tongue.png

I believe I've finally found my HH army.

Everyone of my favourite Legions had some little thing that stopped me from commiting.

*Night Lords = Afraid of painting freehand lightning

*Death Guard = Don't like their colour scheme at all

*Iron Warriors = Everyone and their mother does them, don't like painting chevrons, nerfed Tyrants ruined my planned list

*Sons of Horus = Don't like playing losers eventhough I like the Black Legion and Abbadon

*Alpha Legion = Ruined by memes, metallic looking colour scheme only by airbrush, Headhunters suck even more now also the Ork helmets are meh

Now I can play them all together kind of and even get to keep a cool easy black/silver/grey paint scheme. Also the army is customizable as hell and somewhat of a converters wet dream.

Going to play Infantry heavy with lots of Jump Pack units, Seekers and Destroyers. Aggresive melee supported by close range firepower.

Not settled on the fluff yet but Í'm thinking of either some kind of penance unit of crazy suicidal outcasts too valuable to execute or some crazed Chymeriae experiments by some renegade Magos Biologis. Another cool idea is the thought of xenos corrupted Astartes...mhm soo many possibilities.

You can also do alpha legion with blue basecoat and a green interference wash. It will turn the blue semi metallic and when the light hits the armor it will reflect green instead of blue, due to the interference paint.

Sets of Pariah armour / bolter / flamers could have been nice, though :)

Eh, see the funny thing is I just keep seeing Mk V as the Pariah armour since it's just supposed to be all ramshackled and everything. I mean, I guess they could come up with something like what was on the cover of the Outcast Dead, just doesn't seem that worth it though.

There are so many clues as to the Nemean Reaver's identity, I'm torn as to his identity.

On the one more obvious hand he screams of DA descent (Calibanite greatsword!?), but considering that he wields a flaming sword and leads a bunch of Marauders onto war, I'm wondering if he might not be of White Scars origin...  I'm left wondering if he might not sport yellow armour ;)

There are so many clues as to the Nemean Reaver's identity, I'm torn as to his identity.

On the one more obvious hand he screams of DA descent (Calibanite greatsword!?), but considering that he wields a flaming sword and leads a bunch of Marauders onto war, I'm wondering if he might not be of White Scars origin... I'm left wondering if he might not sport yellow armour ;)

He fought in the Rangdan Xenocides, has a Calibanite sword, wears a hood...it's pretty dang obvious he's a Dark Angel! :P

And they should make a Shieldwing or Blackwing.

Well it's not a flaming sword, it's a flamberge. Although usually it does translate to "flame-bladed" because of how the blade is "wavy". But typically they're European so that's what leans towards the DA, alongside it having been forged on Caliban apparently.

I believe it mentioned his facial scars were the result of xenos weaponry from a specific campaign? Find out what Legion(s) was(were) involved and you'd at least narrow the list.

Although I imagine Forgeworld will never release the details just to keep us guessing.

I believe it mentioned his facial scars were the result of xenos weaponry from a specific campaign? Find out what Legion(s) was(were) involved and you'd at least narrow the list.

The Rangdan Xenocide, where the Dark Angels suffered so much losses that the Ultramarines became the biggest legion.

Sets of Pariah armour / bolter / flamers could have been nice, though smile.png

Eh, see the funny thing is I just keep seeing Mk V as the Pariah armour since it's just supposed to be all ramshackled and everything. I mean, I guess they could come up with something like what was on the cover of the Outcast Dead, just doesn't seem that worth it though.

Yeah it was for this. Bolters/Flamers, no big deal, but when I read 'modified armour' I thought of something that could look quite different from the Legion armour sets.

Archived