The rise of Forge World Muninn

Beardbattered

The ravenwing look great. I have one suggestion. With the great base a weathering, doing the exhaust ends with a black shading to show exhaust fumes would be the topping. Look great as they are tho.

The ravenwing look great. I have one suggestion. With the great base a weathering, doing the exhaust ends with a black shading to show exhaust fumes would be the topping. Look great as they are tho.

Thanks! That is something that I will probably go back to do at a later time. I've never really attempted exhaust weathering before. Anyone have any cool techniques? Think I should mix up some black /brown powders or just hit it quick with the airbrush?

Off the top of my head what I think I would do is some black/brown powders, seal those in, and then some graphite powder rubbed on the sharpest edges to show metal poking through. Thoughts?

A little bit more progress was made tonight. I assembled the rest of my Kataphrons minus the magnets and armor plating for painting purposes. I've got a decent little chunk of models set aside for the ETL now, if I'm able to participate.

gallery_72382_11636_1236475.jpg

And my beautiful fiance surprised me with these bad boys yesterday, for the table I plan on putting together after the wedding!

gallery_72382_11636_547900.jpg

Speaking of which, I'm trying to think of some unique ideas on how to paint my buildings and fortifications for the table. I will be using these pieces along with a Fortress of Redemption, some scratch built hills and rock formations and possibly some of GW's trenchwork kits. All of this will be on the new Forges of Mars mat from Gamemat.eu to match both my Admech and my Dark Angels. So, let me know if you guys think of any cool ideas! You know I like to take the path less traveled when it comes to paint schemes.

gallery_72382_11636_289995.jpg

Great to see you making progress buddy! What weapon profiles do the Vengeance Battery weapons have? I have seen that they cost 200 points so I imagine that the must be pretty powerful. Are they worth their points tough?

They are pretty decent. In most games I think we'll just be using them as cool looking terrain since most of our group is still learning the rules. Maybe later we'll use them as capturable forts in narrative games.

Preliminary work for the ETL continues. Everything that is going to be vowed is now assembled and ready for primer. I'm going to use the ETL as a vehicle to get my admech finished in time for an event that is being held over Memorial day weekend. So things are going to be fast and furious!

Since we have a few days until vows are made, I'm going to finish everything that is too far along to vow. Four vanguard and a Dunecrawler, so I think that should be doable. The vanguard are almost ready for decals and weathering.

gallery_72382_11636_446918.jpg

gallery_72382_11636_513208.jpg

Thank you for the kind words everyone! It means a lot. Tonight and tomorrow I'm going to try to get as much done on the Onager as I can. On this one I think I'm going to try a white stripe down the front of it with a raven decal on top. If it looks good I may go back and do it to my finished one as well.

Stay tuned for more updates!

This makes my army look like a five year old painted it! T_T Awesome job buddy, I love the OSL!

Well, that's just not true! And my stuff wouldn't look nearly as good without all of the great feedback I get from all of you.

Quick update! I went back and fixed the darn osl that I forgot and got a start on the metals for the Onager. I'm hoping to get the Crawler close to finished tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, it's does wonders to keep me motivated.

gallery_72382_11636_570683.jpg

gallery_72382_11636_667407.jpg

I already have, but I'm planning to start properly later this year. Sadly these WIP topics are making that difficult.

I'll be working on my Knight for the ETL though, so I should get my fix that way ;)

Can't wait to see your knight in the ETL! You planning to do a log for it and your admech when you get started?

Real quick update while the base is drying on the Onager. Once it's dry the base just needs a quick drybrush highlight and a bit of shade here and there through the airbrush. Then it's onto the final weathering and OSL. No sleep til this is finished!!! devil.gif geek.gif sweat.gif wallbash.gif

Also, which look do you prefer? The Decaled one or the one without? I might go back and add the same decals to the old one.

gallery_72382_11636_182438.jpg

And after a bunch of interruptions it is finally done! There are some areas that will need to be touched up later, but he's ready for the table. All in all I am very happy with the way it's turned out. I'm thinking I might go back and add the decals to my previous Onager to make them match. What do you guys think?

Now, on to the ETL!!!

gallery_72382_11636_468019.jpg

gallery_72382_11636_138543.jpg

Man I love how well you blend the iconography into the paint scheme! wub.png

Though I'm a little surprised you didn't bore out your stubber barrels . . . ohmy.png

Archived