Atia's Hunt for the Xenos (The Deathwatch arrives)

Atia

Howdy Guys and Girls!

This thread will be the little brother of my Horus Heresy Thread, and contain all my non-30k stuff - mostly Inquisition and Agents stuff, starting with the Assassins and Death Watch.

Just a head's up, this will be slowly and mostly for my side projects, don't expect updates frequently ^.^

Now I need to wait 'till my Deathwatch: Overkill arrives smile.png

regards,

Atia

med_gallery_79873_10492_111529.jpg

Officio Assassinorum

- Eversor Assassin

- Callidus Assassin

- Culexus Assassin

- Vindicare Assassin

The Ordo Xenos

Death Watch

- Kill Team Cassius

Nice!

Your stuff is allways awesome.

Thanks Buddy :)

Will start on the (first) Killteam as soon as they arrive - really hyped for the Deathwatch, this release gives me the motivation to do some small Inquisition themed ZM forces ^.^

Can't wait. thumbsup.gif

Me neither :)

'till my Overkill box arrives I have to read through the RPG book

med_gallery_79873_10492_143157.jpg

should bring me through the week :D

It's a really funky kit. I'm tryng to convince myself I don't need to buy another one, because I got ton of stuff unfinished.

Yep it's indeed - not as usable for kitbashers as it could have been (since they didn't used the "classic" way to construct them), but still usable as bitz box if someone wants a different kill team or more than 11 dudes :)

I eagerly anticipate your application of sexy sexy paints to these things.

Thanks! Not entirely sure what way to go for the black, but the first three Marines are build :)

20160303_163129.jpg

They are pretty cool, but feel like Starterset models imho. A bit like the AoS ones. You can't really build them differently without heavy conversions (you could take the Deathwatch arms for your own Kill Team though!), as these guys aren't build like normal Marines, more like Character clampacks. But atleast they are very dynamic! :)

From the looks of Cassius' build, you could probably convert him easier than the others, maybe give him an alternate head or jump pack (if you wanted to). Do you have any plans to magnetize them at some point? I'm anxious to see how you paint them also

Start with dark grey, highlight it then apply black washes. BAM! Black armour! biggrin.png

There are a lot of recipes for the black. This one is the more easy. Watch out, beacuse you can end up with a dark gray armour.

They are pretty cool, but feel like Starterset models imho. A bit like the AoS ones. You can't really build them differently without heavy conversions (you could take the Deathwatch arms for your own Kill Team though!), as these guys aren't build like normal Marines, more like Character clampacks. But atleast they are very dynamic! smile.png

Indeed the models mono pose, but at least they are quite dynamic, they seems ready to have tons of fun with xenos!

Well have fun on the builds and paint . Still helmets for the helmet gods GW . I always went for head shots when no one had head protection.

Haha thanks buddy! Hey, they are a high specialiced elite team for hunting and killing deadly Xenos who in most cases use acid or something similiar to eat away your face - of course they don't need helmets :P

http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/tumblr_o18er81vZy1uiiv2do4_500-1453309656.gif

Start with dark grey, highlight it then apply black washes. BAM! Black armour! biggrin.png

There are a lot of recipes for the black. This one is the more easy. Watch out, beacuse you can end up with a dark gray armour.

They are pretty cool, but feel like Starterset models imho. A bit like the AoS ones. You can't really build them differently without heavy conversions (you could take the Deathwatch arms for your own Kill Team though!), as these guys aren't build like normal Marines, more like Character clampacks. But atleast they are very dynamic! smile.png

Indeed the models mono pose, but at least they are quite dynamic, they seems ready to have tons of fun with xenos!

Yeah, think I'll go a similiar way as I went with my Word Bearers black parts, but use blue-ish greys (like Russ Grey) for the edge highlightes :)

The models are great for representing that kill team, full of character and indeed really dynamic! Already have some plans for more Deathwatch-members in the future :p

Archived