Knights/RG ReCo Ambush 2.5k

Nusquam

So I've been itching to to put my new Atrapos to work. Having to ally Knights is a bit of a drag if I just want one so I figured I'd include all of them. Then splash in some RG. The idea is that the knights are a spearhead with the RG Recon Company providing support. Since the ReCO only needs an additional Recon Squad as a primary I figured it would make for great allies. Shrouded keeps them in play so the knights can move up. The Paladin stays close to whichever knight would benefit from interceptor the most, depending on enemy reserves. Or both if I get stuck going second and face T1 Perty bombs.

I might free up points for an icarus, and/or swap the stormspear, on the Paladin for more AA. Another thought is putting the Paladin as a troop and the Crusader as an Arbalester.

Thoughts?

Questoris Knight Crusade Army (Primary) (1365pts)
  • HQ (495pts)
    • Seneschal (495pts)
      • Cerastus Knight-Atrapos

Occular Augmetics

• Elites (400pts)
    • Preceptor (400pts)
      • Questoris Knight Paladin

Rapid-fire battlecannon

• Troops (470pts)
    • Scion Martial (470pts)
      • Questoris Knight Crusader

Rapid-fire battlecannon and Heavy Stubber, Stormspear rocket pod, Avenger

Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Allied) (1135pts)
  • HQ (110pts)
    • Legion Centurion (110pts) (Goes with Vets inside Eagle)

Artificer Armour, Boarding Shield, Cameleoline, Power Fist

• Consul

Delegatus
        Recon Company

• Troops (480pts)
    • Legion Reconnaissance Squad (255pts)

9x Legion Space Marines, 9x Sniper Rifle

• Legion Sergeant

Infravisor, Sniper Rifle

• Legion Tactical Support Squad (225pts)

9x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Calivers

• Elites (290pts)
    • Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (290pts)

2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, 2x Power Weapon, Sniper

• Legion Veteran Sergeant

Artificer Armour, Power Weapon

• Fast Attack (255pts)
    • Legion Storm Eagle Assault Gunship (255pts)

Single Missile Launcher, Two Twin-linked Lascannons

• Legion
    • Legion Astartes

XIX: Raven Guard

It only needs an additional troop as a primary detachment.

As for must be warlord, I went with allied can't be warlord(can't>must in permissive rule set). Other characters got FAQ'd so the 'must be' is only in case they're in the primary, like Azrael. That's my logic.

Actually, amusingly enough, the way it's worded is:

"The force's Primary Detachment must include an additional compulsory Troops choice, which must be filled by a Legion Recon Squad."

Since "force" refers to your whole army, it sounds like you need to take a Legion Recon Squad as another compulsory choice in the primary detachment, which basically means you can't take the Recon rite as an ally to any army that doesn't have recon marines of its own. :D

The warlord must vs. can't thing is a head-scratcher, for sure, but the FW FAQ resolved a similar must vs. must conflict in warlord traits by saying you can't do it at all, so I would lean towards you not being able to take Eidolon or whoever as an allied detachment and get around martial pride.

Azrael? GW rulings mean less than nothing in AoD. When's the last time they even made any new rulings?

I love FW and their rules, but their lack of editing and clarity is tough. Also RoW buffs/restrictions don't carry over to other detachments anyway right?

Worst case scenario I take a Praetor and dump a few recon marines when it comes to the HQ.

Archived