Ah yes, you are a rather recent arrival into the hobby. Blister packs used to be a thing back when. Ah, the good ole times. :tongue.:

You don't have to make a deal of it...

:P

To be perfectly honest, I've probably had some blister packaging at some point in my hobby "career," (I've bought a lot of OOP metal models off of eBay, both in package and out) brief as it may have been so far, but probably just didn't have the foresight to actually keep them. Silly, silly Psycho. :wallbash: 

Ah yes, you are a rather recent arrival into the hobby. Blister packs used to be a thing back when. Ah, the good ole times. :P

Ahh... The good ole days. I remember my first Emperors champion. My first metal model.

I've used both blister foam and pluck foam - both work pretty well. What you need is sponge or foam that's a bit flexible and has relatively small holes in it. You can get foam 'brushes' at home improvement stores or art supply stores for around a dollar if you can't find a free source

Thanks everyone for their help regarding sponge weathering, and especially to Dos and jimbo for offering to send me some blister sponge in the mail! You're all great! :smile.:

Haven't had nearly enough hobby time this week to hobby, but managed to do a little more work on Wallbreaker Rawles:

med_gallery_78067_12186_11874.jpg

I'd say he's finished now besides the basing, but that'll wait until the squad's completed, as it's easier to mix up large batches of the mud than just one model's worth at a time.

Also got some time to blu-tack a possible member of my next Veteran Squad together. Thinking of making this one more CC oriented, so he has a heavy chainsword. Not too sure about him yet as a whole, but I think I like where this is going. Let me know what you guys think.

med_gallery_78067_12186_239075.jpg

Also made a small vow for the Blood Angels From Rage to Salvation event. Azra'il Company is one of two (eventual) planned Astartes allied forces to the 284 Storm Battalion (along with the Brotherhood of the Blade's Edge, V Legion) and I've had this model on my desk for a while so thought I might get him painted up. We'll see how that goes...

gallery_78067_11287_99054.png

The sun is shining

and the birds are singing

and because today

is the very last day

they will sing forever.

-- Proverb

A Choir of Angels, giving voice to lament. A Requiem for the Fallen. Many voices, together as one. Our company was there, at Terra, at the End. Azra'il sang for our Father.

-- Zhel Varost, named Urumva'il, Requiem, late of Azra'il Company, IX Legion.

By blood and by bolter,

With tooth and with claw,

In honor and in glory.

Forever.

-- Oath of moment, Azra'il Company, IX Legion.

Remember, my brothers. We are His sons, the blood of a Godless Angel. We have been broken, at Signus and elsewhere, but today we are reforged. We are the Emperor's Sword, as the VII serves as His Shield, and today is the day we shall right the wrong that has be done to us. We won't do it for honor, or glory. We won't do it for Terra or Baal. We won't even do it in the name of our Father, or the Emperor. No. We'll do it for the Fallen: for Ca'aphas, for Ma'adai, for Ta'avi and a hundred hundred more. We can never forget their names, and we can never forgive their deaths. So, brothers. We go to war again, with their names on our lips and their memory in our hearts, and take a red tithe from those who brought their deaths. We may die here, but if we die, we die bleeding from a hundred wounds, with blades in our necks and spears in our guts, our war cries echoing throughout eternity. We defy the enemy today. We may die, but as our namesake Angel of the ancient mythos, we will not allow the darkness to go unpunished. Go! Now! In the name of Ca'aphas and Ma'adai and Ta'avi! In the names of the Fallen of Signus! In the name of Vengeance!

-- Vael Morrigan, named Khama'el, Voice of the Host, late of Azra'il Company, IX Legion at the dawn of the Last Day.

med_gallery_78067_12186_331900.jpg

Vael Morrigan, named Khaema'el of the First Circle, Voice of the Host and the Choir (closest analogous Legion rank: Chaplain?), Azra'il Company, IX Legion.

+++

I, the Psycho, a loyal son of Terra, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Legion Chaplain on or before 30 November 2016. Should I succeed, I shall bring honor to Azra'il Company of the IX Legion, and bear with pride the badge IRATUS DOMINUS badge, but should I fail I will bear the mark of CARCERES IRA for my penance.

Thanks for looking!

Edited by The Psycho

Heavy chainsword looks like he'd definitely get picked to join Sigismund on the Eternal Crusade

If he survives... which he probably won't. 284BTN had very high casualty rates at the Siege of Terra. :P That's a big compliment coming from one of the B&C's resident Templars, though. Thanks!

Lovin' that heavy chainblade.

I've studied Semitic cultures a 'bit in my (short) time, so the Hebrew is nice touch there for Azra'il. I like it alot!

It really does fit them quite well I think.

Thanks man! I've honestly not been a huge fan of the Eviscerator bit before, but it seemed to work for that model quite well. As for the Hebrew, thanks. :) Thought it was appropriate for the BA. I've had that graphic sitting around in a folder for a while now to take out and use.

• 2 weeks later...

Been over a week since I last posted in this thread. That feels weird. I don't really like it. Let's change that. Time for a

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llzlsrBnQ01qexpz6.gif

WEEKEND UPDATE!!!

Haven't done much in the way of the Fists in the past few days. I've been working on my OOC vow for the Iron Within and that's been taking up a fair bit of my time, along with school starting again last Wednesday. But I did get a couple things from a buddy of mine today and so I've thrown together a couple quick tacked "sketches" of what they might end up as.

med_gallery_78067_12186_116977.jpg

I'm liking how this dude's looking so far. He's a bit Mechanicum/Iron Hand-sy, but most of the more obvious iconography can, and will get shaved off.

med_gallery_78067_12186_296402.jpg

This one, somehow I managed to drop his bolt pistol arm on the floor just before I was taking pictures and I can't find it at the mo. He had a much more closed pose before, with the bolt pistol held tight into his body and when I find the bit again he'll go back that way. Might swap out the Godwyn pistol for a Tigrus, maybe not.

Don't really know what place these guys will have in the army next week, but I'm thinking a Tactical Sergeant for the top guy and a Veteran for the second. Maybe? Plans may change and these models may vanish into a deep dark corner of my bits box, I'm not sure yet.

Started paint on my RTS Vow and my Kh

Quick update.

Got a little bit of time in today, so finished up building Rael Donovan, my Terminator Praetor/Delagatus/whatever I feel like at the mo. You might recognize the name from a ways back, but you might not, either. Anyways, with all of his pouches and things, he's basically a step towards a more geared up force, which was the original intent of this army but for some reason didn't really happen. That's (hopefully) going to change. :) (Also, it looks like his arm has drifted a little bit. I'll have to go and fix that later on.)

med_gallery_78067_12186_199710.jpg

Also started working on the first of my Seeker squad. Need to get back to working on the actual bulk of my army, instead of random characters and Terminators and vehicles.

med_gallery_78067_12186_207547.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Dig the seekers stride... But not the mold line down the inside of that left arm

Wall breaker sgt is bangin!! 'Nades, 'nade launcher, sword and a chainfist!! Heck ya!

Thanks man! Yeah, mold lines are gonna be fixed later on.

Also, First Lieutenant Rael Donovan ain't no sergeant. He's commander of the 284th's entire Terminator section. Bit more important that a sergeant. ;)

Those are fine additions to your force. Mk VII legs though? For shame, brother. :tongue.:

What's wrong with MKVII? :wacko.: 

Nah, I know what you're talking about. I just had easy access to those legs, and it seemed... not entirely heretical. :P Probably need to actually order some more period-relevant running legs from FW at some point, but until then MKVII works fine. Besides, Siege of Terra, remember? :P

Great work on the yellow, I was once considering the VII but I chickened out so good on you! 

Ah, you make me blush. :blush.: I'm not great at painting yellow, but I try, and I think I'm getting better. Thank you. :)

My entry for this month's March of the Legions, copied here for posterity's sake:

Gladiatori Officium

http://i.imgur.com/x6I5gKS.jpg

Despite its preferred method of war by bolter, the 284th Storm Battalion of the VII Legion had many skilled duelists among its ranks. Master Sergeant Slade of I Grenadier was one, as was Shield-Commandant Eilings himself, but there was one who stood head and shoulders above the rest.

http://i.imgur.com/84qNm1V.jpg

Jarra was the best of us. Nominally ranked as a sergeant equivalent to those commanding the grenadier veteran squads of the line companies, in practice Jarra operated independently of any specific squad within the battalion, fulfilling a role similar to the champions of other companies within the Legion, issuing forth challenges to high ranking officers of the traitor Legions in the Shield-Commandant’s stead.

http://i.imgur.com/QZ7gXRA.jpg

Jarra was not without his flaws. No man is. In Jarra, this manifested as pride, as great as that of any Emperor’s Child. He desired glory first and foremost, contrary to the ideals of the battalion championing duty above all else. Eilings only ever tolerated him because he saw something in him. I know not what, but it must have been something.

http://i.imgur.com/203sK1x.jpg

Jarra died when the Storm Battalion died, a month before the Siege’s end, embroiled in combat against the Iron Warriors. He died an inglorious death, erased, body and soul by the blast of a Dreadhammer shell fired from a Typhon. I never liked Jarra in life, but I pitied the way he died. His vainglory was against what it means to be a soldier of the 284th, but no one deserves to die in such a way contrary to what is in their heart.

http://i.imgur.com/58nd8Dy.jpg

There is no dignity in death, but there should not be dishonor. Jarra died with dishonor, and I cannot help but wish that he had not, for his sake, and for those who we will wreak his vengeance upon.

Missed this before. I really dig it

Dude.... I love the seekers. Especially the peg leg. Freaking balling. Also the veteran with the chains word is fantastic!!!! He would make a killer IF captain or Chapter Master with the teeth of terra. AND THE MK.V!!! SWOON!!! Be still my beating heart.

Thanks man, glad to hear it. Peg leg's actually not a Seeker, he's (most likely) gonna wind up as a Tactical Sergeant. The Seekers are going to be universally equipped with combi-plasma (even the Strike Leader. I don't care if he can't actually take it. I'll just count it as a plasma pistol for him if anyone gives me :cuss about it.) And yeah, MK V is awesome, isn't it. Didn't used to like it, but then I got two pair of legs in that bits drop a while back, and I need more now. Someday... /wistful :P

Missed this before. I really dig it

Thanks mate. :)

Excellent kitbashing and posing on Rael Donovan, mate! He looks hard as nails!

Danke, Kraut. Means a lot coming from a hobbyist like yourself. :)

Loving the looks of the Fists! If I may Psycho, with the Hebrew lettering for Azra-il Company, it may be better to have an Aleph for the first letter and then replace the Aleph with an Ayin. Like so: אזרעל

T'anks, mate. Unfortunately I no longer have the original files I used to make the image, so I can't really make any changes. You may be right about the spelling, of course: I was simply going off what Wikipedia told me was the Hebrew spelling for Azrael. My experience with Hebrew is limited to what I did in Confirmation 4 years ago and a little bit at Bible studies in that intervening time, so it's... I was going to say a bit rusty, but non-existent might be a better word. :P