The Sullied Hands of the XVII

Decay of Solus

Data Spool 239-B “The Sullied Hands Chapter of the Word Bearers”

"I have seen death and summoned it from bloodied skies. I have knelt in the ashes of our greatest achievement. Now I slay those I once called brother, for I will not rest until justice is served,"

- Chapter Master Vargas Kul

-Begin Transcript-

Pict Capture 1034-CDA

Vargas Kul   Unbased

Seen here is the Master of the Sullied Hands, Vargas Kul. In post action reports before the cataclysm of the heresy, he was regarded as a devout man, a potent firebrand of a warrior, and his 'lead from the front' style of combat was typical of the combat style the Sullied Hands had adopted. Of course, as with all of the legion at the time, he was one of those who was forced to kneel in the ashes of Monarchia, and has since then held a bitterness and hatred that saw fit for him to be deployed on Calth.

Post Calth records only show a brief few encounters with loyalist forces until his subsequent disappearance in the months after Calth. His fate is still unknown.

-End Transcript-

I finally got to working on the B@C set I got around release and working out what I wanted to do with my marines. I settled on the Word Bearers mostly because Calth as a battle is immensely interesting, and partially because of the Gal Vorbak and Mhara Gal. Possessed Marines that are good, and the proto Helbrute that makes 40k Chaos blush with envy at how badass it is.

Apologies if any of the pictures are less than stellar, as my smartphone cam is about what I've got for functional.

So a few days have passed, some new things have been acquired, key amongst them being some Mk3 marines and some Word Bearers shoulder pads to pretty it all up. In addition, I decided to take a couple glory shots of the force so far. More Mk4 marines are on the way to fill in slots, build a second Volkite Caliver squad and flush out the Culverin squad from one man to five. Not pictured is a Storm Eagle in the midst of being cleaned up after extensive strip down and rebuild (Protip, don't buy used FW for near retail because its relatively straight)

med_gallery_51624_11780_54479.jpg

Current Army Shot

med_gallery_51624_11780_70901.jpg

Tactical Squad Kasken

med_gallery_51624_11780_48286.jpg

Support Squad Lorayk

med_gallery_51624_11780_209153.jpg

Heavy Support Squad Thallik

med_gallery_51624_11780_213314.jpg

Terminator Squad Kalf

med_gallery_51624_11780_167577.jpg

Apothecaries Olik Baro and Torrak Blask

med_gallery_51624_11780_30972.jpg

Siege Breaker Julian Klavek

med_gallery_51624_11780_376101.jpg

Revered Ancient Bastillian

med_gallery_51624_11780_258102.jpg

Chaplain Hegrek

And for unfinished stuff, the Volkite Culverin sergeant and the unfinished Tac Squad

med_gallery_51624_11780_101466.jpg

med_gallery_51624_11780_251340.jpg

Archived